2 hours ago, sooth_stander said:

Not even convinced JET is an out and out striker. Clearly very skillfull but wants to play the game at walking pace, and moreso outside the box. Making the signing of another striker even more imperative 

100%. We need another striker. 

44 minutes ago, Dave Bus said:

Seen that st mirrens asking price for McGrath is 500k. Surely just get that deal done. Another striker(backup) and centre back (to allow McCrorie to play where ojo did last night) would complete the squad as well. 

Got to be worth the risk/investment. We should be getting it done before season gets going properly as he may start season well & create more interest from teams we cannot compete with financially. 

Maybe try & offload Kennedy to St Mirren as part of the deal.

Provided they don’t push the fee up too much more if we throw in Kennedy 

Not going for McGrath now is why we toil getting real money into the club! I know we don’t have the finances to do this type of deal too often but, 1 every 2 season should be the goal, pick up at 500k develop the player and sell for £3+ million and repeat. Real scouting is needed to get us back up challenging for every honour going 

6 hours ago, King Street Loon said:

Just read the last few pages of this thread. 

What a load of bed wetting going on from a few posters.

It's the 23rd July, window closes 31st August. Plenty time still to do business. 

I was just thinking that myself and some ought to be reminded we won 5-1 last night without all these players we supposedly need. 

the not signing extra strikers and defenders is hard to get used to. mcinnes way of making up the squad is the same as his tactics on the pitch he was very risk averse and would be thinking ahead to what if we lose that player ... i'll be forced to play a youngster... cant do that

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, Tord31 said:

emphasis on quality sounds good from Cormack relating to the working on one or two things.

Hopefully not rocking up with Callum Hendry then

He also stressed we've a big squad of 25 players as well so I'd be thinking the only way we'd be taking any in is if we shipped a few out. Ferguson will go if a decent bid comes in and If Ojo is back in the picture I'd think we'll be trying to move on McGeogh. Kennedy needs to go too. Thats three to go out which could let us take in another striker, winger and centre half.

53 minutes ago, Millertime said:

We sold mckenna for 3.5m and Cosgrove for 2m

How many times should we be doing that do you think?

And prior to that who since even 2000 have we sold for decent money? Not many; Anderson went for peanuts, Hayes to celtic is about it.  We should be buying a Mclean/Mcgrath/cosgrove/Ferguson and developing and selling for multi-millions every 2-3 seasons IMO. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1
9 minutes ago, Studebaker-90 said:

Why would you pick him as an example when we had two strikers on loan last season that were a lot worse? 

Because he is the most realistic but yes i could have said the other two also.

Hopefully its a genuine comment and we will be signing players but holding out for quality additions

If Calum Hendry came in after last night it would be a bit of an anti climax. 

We need someone that can play in the first team every week to give us good options and allow us to mix things up.  Not a "3rd/4th" choice squad filler that you know isn't going to be a game changer for us if and when he does actually get a game. 

There's plenty games plus injuries, suspensions etc in a season for a core group to get decent game time. 

19 hours ago, Durrant Dived said:

And prior to that who since even 2000 have we sold for decent money? Not many; Anderson went for peanuts, Hayes to celtic is about it.  We should be buying a Mclean/Mcgrath/cosgrove/Ferguson and developing and selling for multi-millions every 2-3 seasons IMO. 

I think we should be doing it every year,  we should be slashing out a few hundred thousand on a player to improve and sell on and we should also be selling a player we got cheap or through or system for more than we got him every season that’s how we improve hopefully 

• Upvote 2
29 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

McGrath. 

24. Almost a ratio of 1 in 3 playing for St Mirren. Just broken into the international squad. 

Perfect for that left midfield position Ojo was in on Thursday night. 

Probably get him for about 500k which is a the equivalent of couple of home European gates. 

No brainer.  

We certainly need a reliable penalty taker for when Ferguson gets sold

McGrath becoming a full Irish international has bumped up his price and St Mirren are a well run club who don't need the money, they could afford to keep him until his contract runs out if they so choose. On balance, I think they'll bite at £500k as you say. That would allow them to go shopping for a replacement in the Championship or lower English leagues. But will we get usurped by another team whilst we dither??

44 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

McGrath. 

24. Almost a ratio of 1 in 3 playing for St Mirren. Just broken into the international squad. 

Perfect for that left midfield position Ojo was in on Thursday night. 

Probably get him for about 500k which is a the equivalent of couple of home European gates. 

No brainer.  

Were we thinking that Ojo and Hedges played exactly the same position on opposite sides or was it lop sided. Was hard to tell exactly from my vantage point.

Brown

Hedges Ferguson Ojo

JET

Ramirez

??

Although at times it looked like a straight two up front

3 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

Were we thinking that Ojo and Hedges played exactly the same position on opposite sides or was it lop sided. Was hard to tell exactly from my vantage point.

Brown

Hedges Ferguson Ojo

JET

Ramirez

??

Although at times it looked like a straight two up front

To me it was like a 4-4-2 diamond 

Lewis

Ramsay McCrorie Considine Hayes     
                    Brown

Hedges              Ojo

Ferguson