2 hours ago, Tord31 said:

McInnes and Richardson had a fantastic track record of bringing our best players back to the club; Taylor, Hayes, McGinn, Hoban, Leigh etc.

oops i forgot Christie and Lowe and probably a few others

The first 5 names you mentioned were near enough dog-shit the second time around.

Was a fantastic track record as they couldn't identify a good player if they looked at Messi in the flesh

Thank god we've got a new HOR in place, hopefully reaps the rewards of that in due course 

Whilst not exactly rocket science, you’d have to say Mainstandmoan (remember there was conjecture as to whether it really was him?) was bang on the money a few weeks ago regarding McGeough and Kennedy and the club looking to bin them.

I expected the former to get game time in the new look Glass lineup but with zero minutes in the two Euro matches and not much in the two friendlies, it’s clear his days are numbered.

2 hours ago, Tord31 said:

McInnes and Richardson had a fantastic track record of bringing our best players back to the club; Taylor, Hayes, McGinn, Hoban, Leigh etc.

oops i forgot Christie and Lowe and probably a few others

Yep. All either not required at their club at that time m, or out of contract. shinnie was POTY 

I think few folk have missed the joke here.

McInnes would move hell and high water to sign his ex players. He wouldn't have cared that Shinnie was or was not unattainable. He'd be targetting him.

And he certainly would not have been targetting Cosgrove, as he hated the big man by the end.

1 hour ago, sooth_stander said:

Whilst not exactly rocket science, you’d have to say Mainstandmoan (remember there was conjecture as to whether it really was him?) was bang on the money a few weeks ago regarding McGeough and Kennedy and the club looking to bin them.

I expected the former to get game time in the new look Glass lineup but with zero minutes in the two Euro matches and not much in the two friendlies, it’s clear his days are numbered.

Problem being who would want either, ones injury prone and the others fucking shite.

No rumours or hints that we're looking to bring anyone else in? or maybe everything's on hold until we know what's happening with Ferguson, the money from his sale would definitely help bring a couple of players in. Regardless, we really do need more backup, we're threadbare at the moment and between injuries and covid, we are only a couple of players out away from being a disaster. 

2 minutes ago, StandFree1982 said:

No rumours or hints that we're looking to bring anyone else in? or maybe everything's on hold until we know what's happening with Ferguson, the money from his sale would definitely help bring a couple of players in. Regardless, we really do need more backup, we're threadbare at the moment and between injuries and covid, we are only a couple of players out away from being a disaster. 

Centre back with pace and another striker is a must. If I was greedy I’d also like a creative player . Everywhere else we have adequate back up I think. Could probably move on a handful of players to make room and strengthen our squad. Feel like players like Kennedy and Mcgeouch will be on decent wedge (by our standards) and not play a massive part in team. 

I wonder if the Watford set to move for St Mirren's mcgrath is a move by Ferguson's agent. 

It's bit hard to believe an EPL club would move for a player who has only been full time for 12 months and is 25 in a month.

We also should not be paying too much for a player like that

59 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

I wonder if the Watford set to move for St Mirren's mcgrath is a move by Ferguson's agent. 

It's bit hard to believe an EPL club would move for a player who has only been full time for 12 months and is 25 in a month.

We also should not be paying too much for a player like that

I agree. Paying £500K for a player with 12 months left on his contract would be an act of sheet lunacy, and certainly wouldn't fit our "stradagee".

6 hours ago, Tord31 said:

I'm hopeful that things will be improving and we'll be more open to signing players from any league going forward.

Was talking to a friend about the players we’ve signed and no rumours about any players coming in. 
With brexit already happened do we not need work permits now for any played outside Britain and if their not internationals they will not get permits and we’re hardly going to be able to afford them or did I pick that up wrong 

19 minutes ago, thurso said:

Was talking to a friend about the players we’ve signed and no rumours about any players coming in. 
With brexit already happened do we not need work permits now for any played outside Britain and if their not internationals they will not get permits and we’re hardly going to be able to afford them or did I pick that up wrong 

Perfectly correct, it’s why we should be demanding more for Ferguson as there is limits on players for EPL and English Championship clubs to go for, the days of robbing Scottish clubs on the cheap should be over 

2 hours ago, sooth_stander said:

I agree. Paying £500K for a player with 12 months left on his contract would be an act of sheet lunacy, and certainly wouldn't fit our "stradagee".

I'd say it's £100k overpriced. He is now a full ROI cap though and holding off,  trying to get him on a pre-contract in January could well backfire. If the reported Watford interest in him is true, then it's game over anyway.....he isn't turning them down.  But paying £100k over the odds now could net us a profit 10 times that figure 18-24 months down the line and I think it's worth the risk.

Whilst we still have Ferguson, I can understand why we don't. But we do have a very winnable tie in the Euro Conference 3rd round and getting through that would certainly pay for McGrath outright with the gate monies accrued plus prize money with another gate (hopefully by then in excess of 10k) to come. 

36 minutes ago, BonnieDon said:

Doig (who has had one full season of football) could potentially leave for 5 million to Leeds this summer. Personally, I think Ferguson is worth 4-5 million.

Curious to hear what others think Ferguson is worth.

A would be upset if he left for 3 million, a would be delighted for 6-7 million

so for me, 5 million is about right

• Upvote 2
49 minutes ago, The Gee Man said:

Perfectly correct, it’s why we should be demanding more for Ferguson as there is limits on players for EPL and English Championship clubs to go for, the days of robbing Scottish clubs on the cheap should be over 

Priti Patel made the limit of 26500 per annum or you cannot work in Britain as a European!, the club like any business holds the persons right to work in Britain and work visas are obtained through the home office, footballers wages easily make that target. Shouldn’t be a problem in that sector

18 minutes ago, Dons79 said:

A would be upset if he left for 3 million, a would be delighted for 6-7 million

so for me, 5 million is about right

5 million is probably a good estimate...if he went for lower than that id be very disappointed...he doesn't seem to enjoy the fact he's playing for a bigger Scottish team as his lack of a committedcelebration showed last week..understandably he wants go progress and we can't be against him for that...bigger status, more money....Scotland place...but it has to be right for us, he is hands down our most gifted player and will be a massive loss so we need to cover like for like so get what he's worth or more

17 minutes ago, Dons79 said:

Priti Patel made the limit of 26500 per annum or you cannot work in Britain as a European!, the club like any business holds the persons right to work in Britain and work visas are obtained through the home office, footballers wages easily make that target. Shouldn’t be a problem in that sector

Bit more complicated i think, alright for top players who have played over 70% of international games not so easy for others https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/football/2020/dec/28/football-and-brexit-a-guide-to-the-new-rules

1 hour ago, The Gee Man said:

I’d be thinking then that we don’t be going for many foreigners then, as we won’t be able to get the ones that get work permits easy so will be more British players coming in 

2 minutes ago, thurso said:

I’d be thinking then that we don’t be going for many foreigners then, as we won’t be able to get the ones that get work permits easy so will be more British players coming in 

I’m sure there will be exceptions and the market will open up, but it is definitely a different market due to Brexit than  a few years ago and we should be taking advantage as a selling club for Ferguson 

1 hour ago, BonnieDon said:

Doig (who has had one full season of football) could potentially leave for 5 million to Leeds this summer. Personally, I think Ferguson is worth 4-5 million.

Curious to hear what others think Ferguson is worth.

The more I watch him the better I think he is. He’s as good as frimpong and ajer who both left Celtic for over 10 million. 
We will get no where near that but should be getting over 5 million id say 7 million maybe even higher 

14 minutes ago, thurso said:

The more I watch him the better I think he is. He’s as good as frimpong and ajer who both left Celtic for over 10 million. 
We will get no where near that but should be getting over 5 million id say 7 million maybe even higher 

Not a single credible soul on earth, when given the choice between signing Ferguson or Ajer, would pick Ferguson. Not one. 

• Upvote 1
6 minutes ago, perthshirered said:

Not a single credible soul on earth, when given the choice between signing Ferguson or Ajer, would pick Ferguson. Not one. 

Probably not because they play different positions and that’s why I didn’t say we should get 13 million for Ferguson but I’d rate him just as highly