Aberdeen FC confirm Jimmy Thelin appointment ✍️ ×

1 hour ago, sooth_stander said:

Sevco can suck my ass. I’d be happy to let Hedges go for free next summer than sell him to them now, even for £1m

If the money was reinvested into that next prospect I'd be all for it regardless of what club he's headed to. 

2 hours ago, BonnieDon said:

He was at the game today. Glass said he picked up a knock from the Hacken match on Thursday which is why he wasn't in the squad.

If he is being sold I hope its for a minimum of 1 million. I'd be reluctant to let him go unless we receive a very good offer. I think we'll struggle to replace him.

Same applies to Ferguson. If Hibs are receiving 5 million for Doig, we should be expecting the same amount for Ferguson. Another player I think we should hold off from selling this summer.

Doig wasn’t in Hibs squad today and is off according to Ross. Rumour is it’s only 3 million plus add ons and Burnley are in pole position not Watford, not that you claimed it Watford

On 8/1/2021 at 4:51 AM, King Street Loon said:

I think Ferguson will stay for one more year.

Both McGeouch and Kennedy are available as you say.

We need to get rid of the 'surplus' in the team. That's the likes of Kennedy and McGeouch, probably Ojo as well despite him impressing the management team. Cormack mentioned in the podcast with Spiers that our wage budget is higher already than last season.

We need to lose the dead weight to get players in who will improve the starting eleven. 

Kennedy, Ojo & McGeouch will all be on big bucks... would surely give us much more room to manoeuver if we could offload them. 

Happy to keep  Ojo & McGeouch , hopefully offload Kennedy and bring in another winger. We also need another striker and a CH. Not sure what the role Jenks is going to play , back up for JET maybe . McGinn has also not featured yet and there's the question over Devlin , wish we would just punt him and bring in someone decent . 3 very good signing and the squad would be looking great 

• Upvote 1

Requirement for a third striker shown up again yesterday.

A faster option up front would have been ideal for a ball over the top in the last 30 mins when we started to sit in a bit.

I was surprised we didnt give McGinn or McLennan a run out up front yesterday as laterly JET was giving us nothing as the furthest man forward.

It's actually becoming the number one priority despite us harping on about centre halfs, 10s and wingers before the games got underway.

I say its bigger priority than centre half because we havent even used Gallagher or Devlin (no laughing at the back) yet

22 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

A faster option up front would have been ideal for a ball over the top in the last 30 mins when we started to sit in a bit.

I was surprised we didnt give McGinn or McLennan a run out up front yesterday as laterly JET was giving us nothing as the furthest man forward.

It's actually becoming the number one priority despite us harping on about centre halfs, 10s and wingers before the games got underway.

I say its bigger priority than centre half because we havent even used Gallagher or Devlin (no laughing at the back) yet

Agree , very much need another out and out striker with pace 

42 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

Even more so if we plan to play Ramirez & JET every week.

We have no options off the bench when JET inevitably tires after 60-70 minutes.

You could argue we need two, but that’s unlikely.

Ruth not rated too highly seemingly, as he’s not making the bench, although it’s harder now that it’s cut back to 6 outfield subs. 

6 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Even more so if we plan to play Ramirez & JET every week.

We have no options off the bench when JET inevitably tires after 60-70 minutes.

You could argue we need two, but that’s unlikely.

Ruth not rated too highly seemingly, as he’s not making the bench, although it’s harder now that it’s cut back to 6 outfield subs. 

I think it told a story the subs he named for the three games so far.

He was able to name 12 subs for the first two games and it looked like he just choose to name what he considers the first team pool rather than filling the bench (added Ritchie for the away leg as presumably he'd brought three keepers on the trip).

I think Ruth will be away out on loan when we bring in a third striker

We still look shaky at the back. We were lucky that United were shite yesterday or we'd have conceded a goal or two. It could just be down to having a completely brand new back 4, with the two young guys, a midfielder and Considine having hardly played more than a few games together as a unit. 

I really hope that we're not looking at Hendry as a backup striker though. I thought he did ok in his spell here, better than the others we brought in, but I don't think he'd be any better than playing McLennan up top. We need something different. I'd be open to the idea of bringing him in as a 4th striker, but certainly not the main backup to Ramirez and, to an extent, JET. 

6 minutes ago, StandFree1982 said:

We still look shaky at the back. We were lucky that United were shite yesterday or we'd have conceded a goal or two. It could just be down to having a completely brand new back 4, with the two young guys, a midfielder and Considine having hardly played more than a few games together as a unit. 

I really hope that we're not looking at Hendry as a backup striker though. I thought he did ok in his spell here, better than the others we brought in, but I don't think he'd be any better than playing McLennan up top. We need something different. I'd be open to the idea of bringing him in as a 4th striker, but certainly not the main backup to Ramirez and, to an extent, JET. 

Agree.

The central defence will leak against a decent team. 

A combination of either poor positional play &/or a chronic lack of pace in Considine’s case. 

23 minutes ago, DD1903 said:

The guy who was at hibs and D Utd?! The guy who was Bang average at both?! 

he's pish and slow as fuck

He absolutely terrorised us in the 0-3 game!  On that evidence, if we could get him on loan from Reading, he'd be a good option.  Maybe it was just our defence being slow - but he looked quick as fuck that day!

6 minutes ago, Sonoftherock said:

He absolutely terrorised us in the 0-3 game!  On that evidence, if we could get him on loan from Reading, he'd be a good option.  Maybe it was just our defence being slow - but he looked quick as fuck that day!

I'd look quick when up against andy considine

We are definitely short in numbers, we are a couple of injuries away (in key areas) to seeing a potentially decent season turn into a poor season. 

In my opinion we need 3 signings before the end of the window and that's assuming we don't loose anyone that was in yesterday's squad.

A striker

A centre half

A right winger

18 minutes ago, Bournemouth Gee said:

Guessing a couple will need to be offloaded before we get anyone else in, Cormack already mentioned about the wage bill.

If we beat this Icelandic lot then surely we can get someone (decent) in before the end of August

Easier said than done offloading contracted players.

The likes of Kennedy & McGeouch will be unlikely to earn what they do at Pittodrie at any team in Scotland that’s potentially interested.

We’d probably have to make up the shortfall for the duration of their current contract. 

6 minutes ago, thurso said:

Not saying I want him but at Hibs he scored goals and got into the Scotland squad and did well against us for United. 

Why suggest him then!? 

He scored 8 goals in his 21 appearances for hibs (over two loans). 3 in over 20 off for utd. Bang average record

Also, a couple of good games against us last year isn't a reason to sign someone...

45 minutes ago, Bournemouth Gee said:

Guessing a couple will need to be offloaded before we get anyone else in, Cormack already mentioned about the wage bill.

If we beat this Icelandic lot then surely we can get someone (decent) in before the end of August

You can never guarantee any other sides will actually want any of our surplus players, either on loan or permanently. But we do have glaring needs that require to be addressed and Cormack did say last week that we were talking to other clubs with a view to bringing new players in so my feeling is that it won't necessarily be the case we need to offload anyone first.

Getting through the Breidablik tie will  certainly help

14 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

You can never guarantee any other sides will actually want any of our surplus players, either on loan or permanently. But we do have glaring needs that require to be addressed and Cormack did say last week that we were talking to other clubs with a view to bringing new players in so my feeling is that it won't necessarily be the case we need to offload anyone first.

Getting through the Breidablik tie will  certainly help

About another €300,000?

I think the jump is €550k which is what we have up to the €850k. 

I hope we can be a bit more creative in signing a striker than going for someone like Calum Hendry or Marc McNulty... if we get through to the Conference League stage then some of the better sides in England might be willing to loan us a proper prospect... I'm not convinced Jenks is going to do much. There must be someone in the Championship who's in his early 20s and has banged in a decent amount of goals in the last couple seasons that we could pick up for a small fee and develop (similar to Nisbet at Hibs)

1 hour ago, DD1903 said:

Why suggest him then!? 

He scored 8 goals in his 21 appearances for hibs (over two loans). 3 in over 20 off for utd. Bang average record

Also, a couple of good games against us last year isn't a reason to sign someone...

I didn’t suggest him I’m just saying he’s not as bad as you made out.
8 in 21 isn’t that bad a record for someone. 1 in 3 sane as Ramirez id say. 

Is that not why glass signed jet. He’s working out ok id say 

• Haha 1