5 minutes ago, thurso said:

I didn’t suggest him I’m just saying he’s not as bad as you made out.
8 in 21 isn’t that bad a record for someone. 1 in 3 sane as Ramirez id say. 

Is that not why glass signed jet. He’s working out ok id say 

Not sure what folk are hoping for, as a third striker!  I thought he moved very well and had a decent turn of pace.  Different to our other options upfront.  Would sooner have a risk-free loan like McNulty, than buying someone like Callum Hendry.  I thought he ran us ragged last season.

With the budget we have available, we can and probably will do worse, in our search for a bench warming striker.

5 hours ago, Dave Bus said:

Marc mcnulty would be a good option third choice striker, got pace.

1 hour ago, thurso said:

Aye you did

'JET' has played 3 games - one good one, one meh and one average one. So the jury is still out 

1 hour ago, thurso said:

*2 in 3 for Superman ?

59 minutes ago, Bournemouth Gee said:

We've had 5 different scorers in 3 games so far. JET not off the mark yet but with his style of play he's not gonna score bundles.

We really really need a young, hungry striker with a bit of pace on the bench.

The superior striker thing can attract that kind of player I'm sure

Thomas is not going to score bundles.

3 hours ago, Sonoftherock said:

Not sure what folk are hoping for, as a third striker!  I thought he moved very well and had a decent turn of pace.  Different to our other options upfront.  Would sooner have a risk-free loan like McNulty, than buying someone like Callum Hendry.  I thought he ran us ragged last season.

With the budget we have available, we can and probably will do worse, in our search for a bench warming striker.

To compete with the ugly sisters and get to the Euro group stages I think we need 3 quality strikers not a third choice striker. 

• Upvote 1
4 hours ago, Don_Corleone said:

I hope we can be a bit more creative in signing a striker than going for someone like Calum Hendry or Marc McNulty... if we get through to the Conference League stage then some of the better sides in England might be willing to loan us a proper prospect... I'm not convinced Jenks is going to do much. There must be someone in the Championship who's in his early 20s and has banged in a decent amount of goals in the last couple seasons that we could pick up for a small fee and develop (similar to Nisbet at Hibs)

Zak Rudden

• Upvote 1
59 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

16 league goals in his last 6 seasons.

He’ll not get near double figures. 

JET’s great, I get that,  but on a wet Wednesday in November, when we are toiling against shite like Dundee or Livvy, and he’s taking an age to release the ball or jogging back after losing the ball, or trying one fancy flick too many, the fans are going to go nuts. Some in the south stand were threatening to yesterday when 2-0 up!

6 hours ago, Sonoftherock said:

I shall agree with you there 

The shite I have heard from the South Stand towards our own players in nothing short of ridiculous. This part of the stadium has some of the worst morons I have ever heard at football from any clubs supporters. If the point of your visit to a match is to abuse the team you have come to SUPPORT take a good look at yourself you have got the whole purpose wrong. I find supporting Aberdeen Football Club a privilege and will always do through thick and thin. I will never find it within myself to abuse an Aberdeen player as I hope they find it within themselves to get a result I crave. Wake up smell the roses and enjoy your team, you might even realise that the team do better when you cheer for them and don't boo.

• Upvote 8

The shouts from the south stand yesterday were poor. 

soneone had a go at Mackenzie for not getting forward enough and they repeatedly shouted at him when the lad was obv playing in a system and a way gecwas told. 

Then there was shouts at JET for being slow etc etc, he has never been blessed with pace. 

• Upvote 2
9 hours ago, Geoff_Tipps said:

We are definitely short in numbers, we are a couple of injuries away (in key areas) to seeing a potentially decent season turn into a poor season. 

In my opinion we need 3 signings before the end of the window and that's assuming we don't loose anyone that was in yesterday's squad.

A striker

A centre half

A right winger

Agree with an attacking player and center defender. Not sure wings will be a big factor this year. A lot expected of the young full backs

1 hour ago, stevew8863 said:

The shite I have heard from the South Stand towards our own players in nothing short of ridiculous. This part of the stadium has some of the worst morons I have ever heard at football from any clubs supporters. If the point of your visit to a match is to abuse the team you have come to SUPPORT take a good look at yourself you have got the whole purpose wrong. I find supporting Aberdeen Football Club a privilege and will always do through thick and thin. I will never find it within myself to abuse an Aberdeen player as I hope they find it within themselves to get a result I crave. Wake up smell the roses and enjoy your team, you might even realise that the team do better when you cheer for them and don't boo.

I have boohed Aberdeen teams onto the pitch ahead of games before. Every fan has a right to do as they please. If you are not happy with certain things then booh, shout or do whatever you want. It’s all part of football.

6 minutes ago, RED_JOHN said:

I have boohed Aberdeen teams onto the pitch ahead of games before. Every fan has a right to do as they please. If you are not happy with certain things then booh, shout or do whatever you want. It’s all part of football.

Onto the pitch?

Why bother going?

15 hours ago, ullevi said:

The shouts from the south stand yesterday were poor. 

soneone had a go at Mackenzie for not getting forward enough and they repeatedly shouted at him when the lad was obv playing in a system and a way gecwas told. 

Where in the South Stand were these shouts coming from

15 hours ago, ullevi said:

Then there was shouts at JET for being slow etc etc, he has never been blessed with pace. 

JET was hiding in the game a lot, standing behind players and not even looking to move a couple of yards into space to receive the ball.

One move where he did put in a bit of effort, he was clearly visibly annoyed and frustrated that the pass didn't go back to him.

JET clearly has a very good touch, quick feet and good vision for a pass, but he will need to realise that he will also need to work hard to be as good as he can be here.