1 hour ago, ThomohawkKid said:

Hedges had a moving company on his Instagram today, dunno if he’s moving house in the area or moving away ??

I doubt he'd put up a picture suggesting he's moving until something has actually been announced by the club - he's maybe just been getting some stuff moved into his house or something. I guess tomorrow night's starting line up will give us some clues regarding the futures of Hedges and Ferguson. 

12 minutes ago, Macski said:

Would love to see any prospective signings, that would improve the team, brought in tomorrow or Saturday.  Would perhaps give them an opportunity to feature on Sunday if they needed some game time and help them get used to the squad a bit before Qarabag.

Well the tie tonight & the Qarabag tie will bring in around £1m in gate money. 

We got another €200k prize money (€850k in total) for getting to play off round.

I’d like to think a good player will be added to the squad before the next round. 

14 minutes ago, Macski said:

Would love to see any prospective signings, that would improve the team, brought in tomorrow or Saturday.  Would perhaps give them an opportunity to feature on Sunday if they needed some game time and help them get used to the squad a bit before Qarabag.

Dont think we will make a signing before the playoffs. Hope im wrong.

53 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Well the tie tonight & the Qarabag tie will bring in around £1m in gate money. 

We got another €200k prize money (€850k in total) for getting to play off round.

I’d like to think a good player will be added to the squad before the next round. 

Football's a business and for it to be run properly you'd assume that these funds are a bonus. OK, the pandemic costs/shortfall need covered, but surely some of that money could go towards improving the team, and potentially ensuring further monetary gain. Speculate to accumulate.

53 minutes ago, slippers said:

Dont think we will make a signing before the playoffs. Hope im wrong.

I hope you're wrong too. 

Pushing boat out to sign a decent CH for PO is a must imo. Worst case is we sign one & don’t make Groups & get stuck with a decent CH for rest of season (which is fkn needed anyway) amazed we have taken as long as we have in all honesty as just signing Gallagher for an already threadbare central defence was never going to be enough.

Amazed also that Glass has not only considered Devlin as an option but also allowed it to fester on ffs.

8 hours ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Amazed also that Glass has not only considered Devlin as an option but also allowed it to fester on ffs.

How has he allowed it to fester on? He gave him a short term contract to prove his fitness.  He's not part of the current plans at all. It's a separate thing. If he gets fit then fine they can consider whether he's worth a longer term deal. If he doesnt or we get someone in the meantime while he's trying to get fit then he goes. 

4 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

How has he allowed it to fester on? He gave him a short term contract to prove his fitness.  He's not part of the current plans at all. It's a separate thing. If he gets fit then fine they can consider whether he's worth a longer term deal. If he doesnt or we get someone in the meantime while he's trying to get fit then he goes. 

Probably a fairly accurate depiction of festering on that. Thanks for clarifying his reasoning for it though

14 minutes ago, ThomohawkKid said:

Robbie Brady? Seen that on Twitter but I’d presume he’d command to much wages.

Nothing in it according to Scott Burns but the Icelandic boy off Twitter spouting that St.Mirren are in talks for Kennedy and that some of the younger plans are going out on loan. Also that Glass is after a striker and a creative midfielder, but no signs of a defender signing.

2 hours ago, ThomohawkKid said:

Robbie Brady? Seen that on Twitter but I’d presume he’d command to much wages.

Well hes earning precisely £0/week right now as Burnley released him at the end of last season and as far as I can see none else has signed him up.

But I'd imagine it's just twitter rumours being twitter rumours

We dont need a LWB anyway, and certainly not an expensive one.

We need to put our money in to a third striker - it's growing on me for this to be a credible first team player... I think thats what we need the most. A serious contender to start up front and not a clear making up the numbers player.

Weve only played six games and there has already been plenty moments we needed more up front