23 minutes ago, Durrant Dived said:

All 3 are under achieving cunts if you are being honest.

Aye. Thats it really. 

Can you imagine how grim our 118 year history would look if we didn't get lucky by appointing one of the worlds greatest as well. We talk about being historically bigger and better, but take the Fergie years out and we've pretty much always been shite. 

Ace

4 minutes ago, brochred said:

Other than on the amount of season tickets sold, what on earth do you base that ludicrous statement on??? You are really justifying the Dundee stereotype there...

His name is Don, he supports Dundee. 

Both Edinburgh clubs are bigger than them so he's 100% correct

40 minutes ago, Dundeedon said:

To be fair, both Edinburgh clubs are probably bigger than us.

In what way are they bigger than us? Average attendance, slightly but in no other way are they bigger than us. Overall history... NOPE. Recent history... NOPE. Finances... NOPE. Both are yo-yo teams. Since the Premier League started in 75, Hearts have been relegated 5 times and Hibs 3 times, that's not big teams!!

24 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Aye. Thats it really. 

Can you imagine how grim our 118 year history would look if we didn't get lucky by appointing one of the worlds greatest as well. We talk about being historically bigger and better, but take the Fergie years out and we've pretty much always been shite. 

Ace

Surely every club gets its history by appointing a great manager at the right time! Wenger at Arsenal is a prime example 

Martin Boyle will have his reasons for staying at Hibs. Possibly similar reasons to why he chose to represent Australia rather than having just a bit of patience to wait & play for Scotland. Rejection & impatience. There's the boy's character right there.

There's no trophies for being bigger. It's a non-argument.

It's knowing that we're better that counts.

We are a better club.

• Upvote 1
55 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Aye. 

See later posts on the subject 

Just don’t see why there’s all such a big fuss about it.

It’s commonplace in football. 

And besides, I’m not sure paying more than £500k for a bloke with no sell on value & a questionable fitness record would’ve made sense.

Invest that in a younger player in his earlyish twenties with potential to sell on in a few years for a 7 figure sum.

6 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Just don’t see why there’s all such a big fuss about it.

It’s commonplace in football. 

And besides, I’m not sure paying more than £500k for a bloke with no sell on value & a questionable fitness record would’ve made sense.

Invest that in a younger player in his earlyish twenties with potential to sell on in a few years for a 7 figure sum.

Even if he'd wanted to come the financials would have soon made it a high risk venture.  High fee and high wages would have been the order of the day. 

8 hours ago, Tord31 said:

Aberdeen will know fine how the clause works. Their theory will be leak the bid so that another european club makes the £500k bid and if we top it hopefully Hibs will see sense and take the extra money rather than being stubborn.

He may or may not come but I'd be very surprised if he agrees to sign a new deal within the transfer window. 

Boyle will be a Dons man whether it's now, January or 2023.

That hasn’t aged well 

1 hour ago, minijc said:

Pretty sure he's more of a Hearts fan, family certainly are anyways, not that it matters, go where the money is, I'd play for Rangers if they were offering me £500 more than the Aberdons.

Well if he’s a hearts fan nothing to worry about, makes him worse than a cunt 

2 hours ago, Big Dode said:

Aberdeen had the chance to pick him up as a youth when he played for Lewis United, they had a chance to pick him up when he played for Montrose, they had a chance to pick him up when he played for Dundee, they didn't. Hibs gave him his chance, imagine growing up as an Aberdeen fan and your team ignores you. I wouldn't blame him for extending with Hibs. 

Aberdeen had the chance to sign me as a youth but chose not to, I’d still drop everything in a heart beat to join them 

37 minutes ago, Durrant Dived said:

And he took unt the day after our alleged bid to sign it? I smell shite.

Boyle said so himself today. "Nothing changed." Aberdeen I guess, would have been monitoring the situation and got word he was about to sign the new deal - they then tried to turn his head.

2 hours ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Aye. Thats it really. 

Ace

Considering Aberdeen, Hearts and Hibs are the next 3 biggest clubs in Scotland after the ugly sisters their overall records are shocking. I've said for a long time it's embarrassing and unfortunately a sad reflection of Scottish football as a whole. Can't think of too many other leagues in europe where only 2 clubs have won the league in the last 36 years.

Boyle would have been a very good signing he's ripped us a new arsehole on a few occasions now. Can't blame Hibs for pulling out the stops to keep him he's a big player for them.

13 minutes ago, Shinniesta said:

Considering Aberdeen, Hearts and Hibs are the next 3 biggest clubs in Scotland after the ugly sisters their overall records are shocking. I've said for a long time it's embarrassing and unfortunately a sad reflection of Scottish football as a whole. Can't think of too many other leagues in europe where only 2 clubs have won the league in the last 36 years.

Boyle would have been a very good signing he's ripped us a new arsehole on a few occasions now. Can't blame Hibs for pulling out the stops to keep him he's a big player for them.

Dutch and Spanish really only 2 winners historically with like our league in the 60’s and 80’s a few other winners I think ? !

could be wrong and wish I’d googled now

13 minutes ago, The Gee Man said:

Dutch and Spanish really only 2 winners historically with like our league in the 60’s and 80’s a few other winners I think ? !

could be wrong and wish I’d googled now

5 different clubs have won the Dutch league this century alone. Exactly the same in Spain 5 clubs have won it since 2000. 

Since we won the league in 85 only twice since then have a non ugly sister club realistically come close to winning the league (Hearts in 86 and Aberdeen a whole 30 years ago in 91).

5 hours ago, zeroisgod76 said:

In what way are they bigger than us? Average attendance, slightly but in no other way are they bigger than us. Overall history... NOPE. Recent history... NOPE. Finances... NOPE. Both are yo-yo teams. Since the Premier League started in 75, Hearts have been relegated 5 times and Hibs 3 times, that's not big teams!!

Correct. Micky mouse, tinpot, small fry 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, The Hulk said:

Martin Boyle will have his reasons for staying at Hibs. Possibly similar reasons to why he chose to represent Australia rather than having just a bit of patience to wait & play for Scotland. Rejection & impatience. There's the boy's character right there.

There's no trophies for being bigger. It's a non-argument.

It's knowing that we're better that counts.

We are a better club.

It’s not even close. Shame on any dons fan trying to kid themselves on that those Edinburgh clowns are in the same league as the dons.

european history - check

moping around the lower leagues history - check

NOT EVEN CLOSE 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
5 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

You can fuck off you hun cunt. 

Sigh. Your anger is playing to the galleries and with shit bants. You're like Brent with this. 

Ha ha ha. Hey. Listen. He just asked, do I hate Hearts?

...........yeah, he hates Hearts. 

I get it. Take a night off. Not cos I'm angry, cos you're boring as fuck. 

• Haha 1