5 hours ago, The Gee Man said:

He arrived in Paisley but couldn’t cross to get in the stadium 

Kennedy couldn't cross his fingers. Useless waste of space. I've got a feeling Glass or one of the other coaches don't like him as a person as well as a player... I mean he's garbage, but he's not much worse than guys like McGinn, Jenks and McLennan are, and yet he's not even made it onto the bench. I'd clear the lot of them out, and probably punt Hayes and Ojo along with them. Lewis and Gurr as well while we're at it. We're never going to improve with a load of has beens and never will be's in the team.

Guest milne_afc
1 hour ago, ThomohawkKid said:

Que minijc

”we may see 1 or 2 players over the next 12 days, possible 3 depending on extend of Considine n Hedges injuries”

I’ve asked @minijc not to share anything with the Canadians. His future exclusives will be posted in the private transfer page ?

1 hour ago, ThomohawkKid said:

Que minijc

”we may see 1 or 2 players over the next 12 days, possible 3 depending on extend of Considine n Hedges injuries”

That's not how I play, as I've said numerous times before I post what I can, when I can.  As far as I'm aware the club know who they want but there's a lot that needs to happen for us to get the players we want.  Kennedy actually leaving would help, maybe fresh investment will come too which would certainly be a huge boost.

26 minutes ago, minijc said:

That's not how I play, as I've said numerous times before I post what I can, when I can.  As far as I'm aware the club know who they want but there's a lot that needs to happen for us to get the players we want.  Kennedy actually leaving would help, maybe fresh investment will come too which would certainly be a huge boost.

Fresh investment, can you share any more?

• Haha 1

Imagine if the club announced a couple of loan signings between now and Sunday? The fans will rightly ask where were these guys when we needed them in time for last night? The squad as it is is on it's knees. There's no real depth to it (apart from CM). I think it's a possibility we could see Campbell head out aswell. He's not had a sniff of any game time this season although i can't remember if he had an injury at the start of the season? Needs to be playing regularly now to show he can cope with the demands of regular 1st team football. Cormack's emphasis on quality over quantity means it's going to be an expensive couple of weeks for him because we badly need both. 

• Haha 1
22 minutes ago, AyrshireSheep said:

Imagine if the club announced a couple of loan signings between now and Sunday? The fans will rightly ask where were these guys when we needed them in time for last night? The squad as it is is on it's knees. There's no real depth to it (apart from CM). I think it's a possibility we could see Campbell head out aswell. He's not had a sniff of any game time this season although i can't remember if he had an injury at the start of the season? Needs to be playing regularly now to show he can cope with the demands of regular 1st team football. Cormack's emphasis on quality over quantity means it's going to be an expensive couple of weeks for him because we badly need both. 

Thing is he can talk about quality over quantity but really only Brown, Ferguson, Mckenzie and Ramsay are good enough for the first choice 11.  Perhaps Lewis as well ( but he has knocked us out of too many cups for my liking), and Hedges (provided he starts scoring and creating). 

So where is the quality? How much money are we throwing at mediocre players? 

• Upvote 1
33 minutes ago, AyrshireSheep said:

Where in Canada are you originally from?

37 minutes ago, Ernie McCracken said:

Thing is he can talk about quality over quantity but really only Brown, Ferguson, Mckenzie and Ramsay are good enough for the first choice 11.  Perhaps Lewis as well ( but he has knocked us out of too many cups for my liking), and Hedges (provided he starts scoring and creating). 

I agree that in the main the quality isn't there. Ramirez looks like he good be a very good striker for us but we haven't supplied him on a regular basis. Only Ramsay has really provided him with any quality service and he's scored both times. Hedges looking like he's out for a few weeks is a major blow. JET signing to me never made sense at the time and it makes even less sense now considering the type of football Glass wants to play. Jenks? Less said on that the better. Gurr? I get he might be cheap but Glass said we would love Gurr. Sorry but i don't see it. Bit of a step up from reserve football or Georgia Gwinnet Grizzlies. 

35 minutes ago, Ernie McCracken said:

I think the problem is too many of the guys Glass was hoping would do a job for a season while the squad is transitioned, have proven to be utter garbage (which we all probably realised already). He obviously thought guys like McGinn, Ojo, McLennan, Devlin, Lewis etc could tide him over for a year as he could never replace the whole squad in one go… but they’re actually not up to scratch.

His signings have been hit and miss so far - too early to judge really but based on what we’ve seen so far I’d say…

Gallagher - might be ok once we get a settled backline but not an obvious improvement yet

Gurr - not good enough at this level

Brown - quality player, great signing

Jenks - overrated, slow waste of space

JET - will do well in certain types of games but can’t play every week

Ramirez - looks a good player who’ll score goals, but needs the right partner and supply

6 players in (unless I’m missing any) and reality is only 2 or 3 look good enough to start. 

1 minute ago, AyrshireSheep said:

Gurr? I get he might be cheap but Glass said we would love Gurr. Sorry but i don't see it.

Aye. He'd better be the cheap option. 

But how much money have we lost by missing out on potentially another round, semi and final of the League Cup (ball numbers are different so no guarantee we would have got Celtic - even if we did would have been a TV match so money coming in from that) Any savings we made on Gurr were wiped out and more by him last Sunday. 

15 minutes ago, Don_Corleone said:

I think the problem is too many of the guys Glass was hoping would do a job for a season while the squad is transitioned, have proven to be utter garbage (which we all probably realised already). He obviously thought guys like McGinn, Ojo, McLennan, Devlin, Lewis etc could tide him over for a year as he could never replace the whole squad in one go… but they’re actually not up to scratch.

His signings have been hit and miss so far - too early to judge really but based on what we’ve seen so far I’d say…

Gallagher - might be ok once we get a settled backline but not an obvious improvement yet

Gurr - not good enough at this level

Brown - quality player, great signing

Jenks - overrated, slow waste of space

JET - will do well in certain types of games but can’t play every week

Ramirez - looks a good player who’ll score goals, but needs the right partner and supply

6 players in (unless I’m missing any) and reality is only 2 or 3 look good enough to start. 

The manager said “Only sign players that will make a difference, no squad fillers”.

Firstly, that’s complete horse shit. Jack Gurr is clear evidence it’s horse shit. 

Secondly, we can’t afford for every single signing “to make a difference”, which by insinuation, means improve the first team.

But FFS get some players in. The squad is way short. 

5 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

The manager said “Only sign players that will make a difference, no squad fillers”.

Firstly, that’s complete horse shit. Jack Gurr is clear evidence it’s horse shit. 

Secondly, we can’t afford for every single signing “to make a difference”, which by insinuation, means improve the first team.

There is certainly a place for squad players if you want to carry a 25 man squad.

We have to accept Gurr is second/third (maybe originally would have been third if it wasnt for mccrorie coming from no where to be our best centre back) choice. 

Glass obviously thought he was worth a punt but it didnt work out. Thankfully we have Ramsay to develop this season and find a new understudy or Hernandez.

1 hour ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Win next week we can

1 hour ago, Tord31 said:

There is certainly a place for squad players if you want to carry a 25 man squad.

We have to accept Gurr is second/third (maybe originally would have been third if it wasnt for mccrorie coming from no where to be our best centre back) choice. 

Glass obviously thought he was worth a punt but it didnt work out. Thankfully we have Ramsay to develop this season and find a new understudy or Hernandez.

Is he fuck ?

19 minutes ago, NEM said:

Is he fuck ?

Consi is out for the season.

Devlin is not registered as a pro footballer. I presume he'll be returning to the game?

At this point I see McCrorie as better than Gallagher, Hancock, Turner and Mackenzie at centre back.

I think McCrorie has had a good start to the season and genuinely seeing him as a player we could really develop at centre back. Gallagher is a clogger and Consi is not far behind.

4 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

Devlin is not registered as a pro footballer. I presume he'll be returning to the game?

At this point I see McCrorie as better than Gallagher, Hancock, Turner and Mackenzie at centre back.

I think McCrorie has had a good start to the season and genuinely seeing him as a player we could really develop at centre back. Gallagher is a clogger and Consi is not far behind.

Devlin is signed with us 100%, but all very strange with no real update on his Injury etc from the club. We need two centre backs potentially now, winger and a striker. 

6 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

Eh?

Considine's out for the season and Devlin's not registered as a player? Care to expand on this?

Granted, the rest is opinion but Gallagher far and away has been the most solid IYAM.

8 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

McRorie looks like a fish out of water at the back.  Gallagher is miles better

• Upvote 1
8 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

Considine being out for the season is pure speculation at this point. However even if he's only out relatively short term, we are too short of cover at centre back not to bring in immediate reinforcements.

Devlin is very much a registered footballer. Just one who cannot stay fit enough to play football on a regular basis

McCrorie had a good game last night no question. But he's been a liability at centre back more often than not this season. There is a reason why both sevco and Portsmouth refused to play him there. 

Centre halves by their very nature are cloggers. There are very good reasons why they are playing central defence and not as wingers or strikers. Even the likes of Mark Lawrenson and Alan Hansen, considered "cultured" players in their day, could dish out a decent whack to opposing strikers as and when required.

29 minutes ago, GDON21 said:

Devlin is signed with us 100%, but all very strange with no real update on his Injury etc from the club. We need two centre backs potentially now, winger and a striker. 

Devlin is certainly with the club and trying to get fit and presumably drawing a tiny wage. He is not registered with Uefa (you can read the squad on the website) or SPFL (you can read the squad on the website)

29 minutes ago, frankie_mac's_4 said:

Eh?

Considine's out for the season and Devlin's not registered as a player? Care to expand on this?

Granted, the rest is opinion but Gallagher far and away has been the most solid IYAM.

Considine has clearly either dislocated his knee, torn his medial ligament or torn his anterior cruciate ligament. He's gonna be out for either 3 months or 12 months.

Let's wait to see and I hope it's not ACL.

19 minutes ago, slippers said:

When would we have to sign a player by for him to be available for Sunday? Imagine the state we would be in if Ramirez got injured last night.

Saturday afternoon.

17 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Considine being out for the season is pure speculation at this point. However even if he's only out relatively short term, we are too short of cover at centre back not to bring in immediate reinforcements.

Devlin is very much a registered footballer. Just one who cannot stay fit enough to play football on a regular basis

McCrorie had a good game last night no question. But he's been a liability at centre back more often than not this season. There is a reason why both sevco and Portsmouth refused to play him there. 

Centre halves by their very nature are cloggers. There are very good reasons why they are playing central defence and not as wingers or strikers. Even the likes of Mark Lawrenson and Alan Hansen, considered "cultured" players in their day, could dish out a decent whack to opposing strikers as and when required.

Devlin is not registered with league, league cup or europa conference league.

22 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Devlin is very much registered DISABLED. Just one who cannot stay fit enough to play football on a regular basis

FIFY

19 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

Devlin is not registered with league, league cup or europa conference league.

Fucked it...it took me to season 20/21 no idea why this shows up first on the search

I'll make some more enquiries as to Devlin's current status

EDIT.....look at the SPFL club player profiles for this season. You can check the squad in there. Devlin is down as number 6.