11 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Just checked SPFL site as regards SPL squads

He's in our squad with the squad number 6

Why would he be there if not registered to play?

I can see what you've found now. Fair enough. Fingers crossed he's out of that cast in the next month or so and back very soon. GO DEVLIN.

You win this one (and he had also appeared on the Dons website now) but he's nae in the Uefa squad even though we have space.

They've never announced the signing. The club are clearly embarrassed by the situation 

13 hours ago, King Street Loon said:

Considine, could well be out for a few weeks/months, and with the lesser spotted Devlin still missing we're down to McCrorie and Gallagher and possibly MacKenzie if it's a back 3. That's a ridiculous situation to be in and it doesn't look like we have any young center half's coming through.

Isn't Hancock (who's been on the bench of late) a CH?

47 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

I can see what you've found now. Fair enough. Fingers crossed he's out of that cast in the next month or so and back very soon. GO DEVLIN.

You win this one (and he had also appeared on the Dons website now) but he's nae in the Uefa squad even though we have space.

They've never announced the signing. The club are clearly embarrassed by the situation 

We register a new squad for the groups though so wouldnt read too much into him not being registered for this round. 

1 hour ago, Ten Caat said:

Fucked it...it took me to season 20/21 no idea why this shows up first on the search

I'll make some more enquiries as to Devlin's current status

EDIT.....look at the SPFL club player profiles for this season. You can check the squad in there. Devlin is down as number 6. 

Kieran Ngwenya was wearing number 6 in Baku. Maybe different for Europe, but why change Ngwenyas number for 1 game? 

13 minutes ago, Ernie McCracken said:

Kieran Ngwenya was wearing number 6 in Baku. Maybe different for Europe, but why change Ngwenyas number for 1 game? 

Europe registrations are different. You can only register (i think) 23 players. It would have been pointless registering Devlin as he wasn't going to be fit for any of the early rounds

1 hour ago, minijc said:

That may be the case but he is also injured, boys been wearing a boot for weeks now.

He’s not in a cast and hasn’t been in a cast. Seen him twice in last month in Glasgow, once at a party where he was dancing freely and again at a pub, no cast was visible. 

8 minutes ago, slippers said:

Cant be signing McGrath unless Ferguson is def gone as we already have far too many centre mids.

I’d argue it’s better we plan ahead and for inevitable departure of Ferguson by signing McGrath now and besides, it’s not a like for like replacement.

McGrath looks like he’s a left sided midfielder and with better mobility and goal scoring potential. Replaces Ojo in the current setup, despite the rejuvenation of the Belgian 

• Upvote 1
39 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

I’d argue it’s better we plan ahead and for inevitable departure of Ferguson by signing McGrath now and besides, it’s not a like for like replacement.

McGrath looks like he’s a left sided midfielder and with better mobility and goal scoring potential. Replaces Ojo in the current setup, despite the rejuvenation of the Belgian 

Aye definitely. 

And if Ferguson stays he and McGrath would be a good pair to play with Brown 

The money for the previous Euro round and this one v Qarabag will not have been budgeted for so in essence is "bonus" money. So financially there's no real reason not to got out and try to get McGrath on board.

However with what happened to Considine last night, you'd imagine that we will be putting all our efforts into finding a replacement CH asap and McGrath may now get pushed as a priority back towards the end of the window. 

Just now, Ten Caat said:

The money for the previous Euro round and this one v Qarabag will not have been budgeted for so in essence is "bonus" money. So financially there's no real reason not to got out and try to get McGrath on board.

However with what happened to Considine last night, you'd imagine that we will be putting all our efforts into finding a replacement CH asap and McGrath may now get pushed as a priority back towards the end of the window. 

I'd rather get McGrath if/while he's available. 

A decent attacking midfielder is key to linking that team together 

6 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Cormack revealed we have budgeted to lose £2.5M this season.

So it's hard to say we are in bonus money territory.

3 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

It's still cash we weren't expecting. If the board chooses to mitigate any projected losses by using it to offset those then I suppose none of us could argue against it but it would be a bit disappointing.

11 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

Do those figures still hold though? 

Season ticket sales are broadly on track with expected numbers. 

We've pretty much got back to full attendances from the start of the season as well as corporate being back on again. 

Plus we'll have the two qualifying rounds attendance takings. 

We're the original forecasts based on this scenario or a more cautious scenario based on lower attendances etc? 

I can't remember, not having a go. 

16 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Do those figures still hold though? 

Season ticket sales are broadly on track with expected numbers. 

We've pretty much got back to full attendances from the start of the season as well as corporate being back on again. 

Plus we'll have the two qualifying rounds attendance takings. 

We're the original forecasts based on this scenario or a more cautious scenario based on lower attendances etc? 

I can't remember, not having a go. 

None of us are to know what he exactly meant but either way we dont have any bonus money unless we win on Thursday or sell a player