1 minute ago, Dons79 said:

Has done well any time seeing him for Wales, set up a couple and scored a couple!, seen much of Austin ?

I don't watch wales tbh, so I'll have to take your word for it. 

Nope, not seen this guy, which is why I'm not passing judgement in him.

I take it you have seen quite a bit of him, since you have written him off already? 

6 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

No pant pissing here until its confirmed we are not getting a fourth striker in. I will be preparing my paw patrol bed sheets.

Lad did well in the first reserve match of the season but does not seem to be coming with reputation of Jenks for example (who had options in English Championship)

Who are you counting as our first three strikers?  Ramirez, Samuels... 

Is anyone able to briefly summarize how these so called "Option to Buy" clauses work?  Is it as simple as:

1. Take youngster on loan, paying either part of his wage or all of his wage

2. Intense focus on training and give him opportunity he can't get at parent club.

3. If shite, return to sender after one year, no harm done,

4. If turns out magic, bangs in a shit load of goals and shows massive potential, then make purchase.  Assume this to be a pre agreed amount, and we don't price our self out of a player that we have helped develop.

If the above is true, I really don't see the harm.  He'll be known to our coaching team and they would have identified some potential worth investing some time in.  If it doesn't work out, then all we've wasted is everyone's time. 

The big problem of course is if we end up relying on him because we are so short of strikers.  If Ramirez gets injured or such.   See Jenks - it's good we're helping him, and he is finally showing a little form, but having to rely on him in place of Hedges is going to be a problem.

26 minutes ago, minijc said:

Maybe, maybe not but still, imagine getting this worked up over a signing that we need, incredible. 

Another way to look at what you are saying is imagine I signed to play up front for Aberdeen. No point putting up a debate because we need someone. I can’t guarantee goals but it will be entertaining once I get on the pitch.

15 minutes ago, Sonoftherock said:

Who are you counting as our first three strikers?  Ramirez, Samuels... 

Good shout SOTR. JET, as expected, has proven in the first numbers of games that he is not a striker. 

Samuels played a lot of minutes on the wing at Bradford.

I'm hoping for another striker yet

10 hours ago, Torry Tosser said:

Kieron Bowie 18 yo Fulham Striker.

Scored 16 for their under 18's Premier last season,prior to that 11 for Raith the season before as a 17yo.

Season long loan to gain him experience....Sheffield Weds,Ipswich,Hearts and Aberdeen all wanting him according to Five live....

anything more on this ? sounds more promising the the Wolves dude

27 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

the replies make for “interesting” reading 

That's unreal!  The Bradford fans are fairly savaging this boy!  One lad saying he's the worst player he's ever seen in a Bradford shirt!

This is going to be really interesting!  The second coming of the infamous Leon Mike!?

2 minutes ago, Sonoftherock said:

That's unreal!  The Bradford fans are fairly savaging this boy!  One lad saying he's the worst player he's ever seen in a Bradford shirt!

This is going to be really interesting!  The second coming of the infamous Leon Mike!?

:clangers2:

27 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

Good shout SOTR. JET, as expected, has proven in the first numbers of games that he is not a striker. 

Samuels played a lot of minutes on the wing at Bradford.

I'm hoping for another striker yet

JET is a lot of things.... both good and bad.  One thing he definitely aint is a striker!

1 hour ago, minijc said:

Maybe, maybe not but still, imagine getting this worked up over a signing that we need, incredible. 

I don’t want to slag the young fella off before even seeing him play but I’m afraid this isn’t the type of signing we need if your going to sign him and play him in the first team squad uou might as well put young boy Ruth in there and save on a wage and squad position 

1 minute ago, dazzy_deff said:

Why do we have an option to buy if hes out of contract at the end of the season?

January.

Also, he's a youngster so compensation would still be involved next summer.

Hopefully paying £0 for him with the option to buy for a nominal fee only.

Just now, Ten Caat said:

Presumably they mean he will have a development fee due 

But then we have no control over where he goes - he becomes a "free agent" with compensation to whoever signs him. Option to buy suggests we would own him if we decide to take it. 

As Tord says, must be option to buy in January.

48 minutes ago, RED_JOHN said:

Another way to look at what you are saying is imagine I signed to play up front for Aberdeen. No point putting up a debate because we need someone. I can’t guarantee goals but it will be entertaining once I get on the pitch.

You're not on the books of an EPL side though you silly, boring cunt.

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 3
3 minutes ago, dazzy_deff said:

But then we have no control over where he goes - he becomes a "free agent" with compensation to whoever signs him. Option to buy suggests we would own him if we decide to take it. 

As Tord says, must be option to buy in January.

"Option to buy" means fuck all in practice.

We could offer whatever fee has been agreed but the player is absolutely under no obligation to sign.

And if he somehow did well with us, I can't see Wolves telling other clubs that might suddenly become interested to fuck off, we're only selling to Aberdeen

Just now, Ten Caat said:

"Option to buy" means fuck all in practice.

We could offer whatever fee has been agreed but the player is absolutely under no obligation to sign.

And if he somehow did well with us, I can't see Wolves telling other clubs that might suddenly become interested to fuck off, we're only selling to Aberdeen

Depends on whether terms are already agreed with the player. Lots of these clauses now are purely in the clubs favour.