1 hour ago, NEM said:

True. Just find it a bit weird the modern fans obsession with selling players to make money 

Out of the "big 5" in Scotland we must be the worst for money made from selling players. It's the model we should be looking at as we can replace them at a fraction of the price from other spl teams if we improve our timing. Ie if we had sold Ferguson last summer for 3m we could have got Allan Campbell for what? 400k compensation? Then be repeating again in 2/3 years time. 

7 minutes ago, slippers said:

That may of been another piece of Info that was given by mini. But it wasn’t that he had signed it was that he was up in Aberdeen for talks. That’s why I asked yesterday if people would have him. 

As long as his heads right and he’s fit I’d take him if he’s not on massive wages 

1 hour ago, Durrant Dived said:

Out of the "big 5" in Scotland we must be the worst for money made from selling players. It's the model we should be looking at as we can replace them at a fraction of the price from other spl teams if we improve our timing. Ie if we had sold Ferguson last summer for 3m we could have got Allan Campbell for what? 400k compensation? Then be repeating again in 2/3 years time. 

Agreed but you want a number of years out of them first.  Folk are on about how much we can get for Ramsay after he's played half a dozen games ?

1 minute ago, NEM said:

Agreed but you want a number of years out of them first.  Folk are on about how much we can get for Ramsay after he's played half a dozen games ?

We get far more cash for him if hes got 150 games under his belt, winners medals and a scotland cap. In our interest to hold onto our players as long as possible, as you say.

2 hours ago, ThomohawkKid said:

Behave yourself, David Marshall is more mistake prone than the modern day Joe Lewis. Joe a considerable better GK,

That would be the same David Marshall who kept Lewis out the Cardiff side for 5 successive years?

Plainly Lewis is NOT the better 'keeper...

4 minutes ago, dazzy_deff said:

We get far more cash for him if hes got 150 games under his belt, winners medals and a scotland cap. In our interest to hold onto our players as long as possible, as you say.

Yeah the club just need to be proactive with their contract strategy which tbf they've been far better at in recent years

21 minutes ago, NEM said:

Oh aye, if you are talking about selling Ramsay right now it's foolish. New long deal on better bucks and we can sell him in 2-3 years once he's further progressed.

27 minutes ago, thurso said:

As long as his heads right and he’s fit I’d take him if he’s not on massive wages 

Yeah i think anyone would. I was quite keen when rumours emerged at end of last season but now I’m not so sure. Think 80% chance it’s a complete disaster and 20% chance it’s a big success. You would have to assume that Brown knows what kind of character he is. I have no doubt him getting out of his bubble would also be very good for him. 

6 minutes ago, Durrant Dived said:

Oh aye, if you are talking about selling Ramsay right now it's foolish. New long deal on better bucks and we can sell him in 2-3 years once he's further progressed.

He's already 2024 but no brainer to give him another year by Christmas with another £500/week.

1 minute ago, thurso said:

Guy on that video on the Ferguson thread said ramsay was better than Patterson so I’ll agree with him 

Aye because he is actually playing every week and producing. Paterson still 2nd fiddle to Tavenier and played about 20 career games. And they are acting like 5m is a joke of an offer. Deluded cunts from fans to manager.

11 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

He's already 2024 but no brainer to give him another year by Christmas with another £500/week.

He's likely only on squad/youth player wages, I don't think even Glass expected Ramsey to be as regular and as good as he has been!

Get him on a better deal and if anyone comes knocking they can be told to fuck off unless they give us at least £10M (we don't need to sell him, so as high a price as possible!) 

5 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Dont want to keep them too long either though...... imagine we kept Cosgrove any longer. That fee would be on a big downward spiral.

Cosgrove £3M player in January 2020 and has been losing value at £500k per transfer window since.

That puts him at zero by January 2023 and negative value (e.g. Birmingham or new club paying him to leave football) in May 2023.

12 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Dont want to keep them too long either though...... imagine we kept Cosgrove any longer. That fee would be on a big downward spiral.

Differnce was Ramsay has looked good since he got his deut vs Dumbarton and continued to impress,Cosgrove was rotten for a while and then found some form and turned to shit all within 12-18 months.