8 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

How good is Longstaff junior?

Seems to have played around 20 senior games. 

How many of those have folk on here actually seen? 

Asking because I don't think I've seen him in a full game. 

I watch most Newcastle TV games. He’s good. If he stays fit, genuinely an upgrade on Ferguson. Big potential. 

1 hour ago, dazzy_deff said:

Except when he sits too deep. Which is quite often. 

He’s all over the park drops deep gets the ball passes it then he will be on the wing and running up front. Probably the reason every team is kicking lumps out of him right now. 
As I said before sometimes trying to do to much. 

1 hour ago, aberdeen1970 said:

How good is Longstaff junior?

Seems to have played around 20 senior games. 

I think that's a question that that has yet to be answered. He obviously had a tremendous debut against Man Utd but some Newcastle fans say that's the only good game he has had. Other say that Bruce has never given him a chance. 

I know a season ticket holder there who says he has a lot of potential but he's not sure if he is big enough physically or quick enough to make in in the EPL and other than against Man Utd he hasnt shown much goal threat. 

If its true we have paid a large fee to take him in on loan for the season and paying a chunk of his massive wage i hope he shows he is the class act the management expect but i think its a big risk. Dave Cormack said in that interview last week that he wouldn't pay 400-500k for a player who is out of contract next summer but at least that player would be ours to sell. Paying a big fee for someone to come on loan you really need them to be a  totally different level from what we have to make it worth it. Its a very ambitious move though and credit should go to DC for backing his manger.

5 minutes ago, SupportmeansSUPPORT said:

I think that's a question that that has yet to be answered. He obviously had a tremendous debut against Man Utd but some Newcastle fans say that's the only good game he has had. Other say that Bruce has never given him a chance. 

I know a season ticket holder there who says he has a lot of potential but he's not sure if he is big enough physically or quick enough to make in in the EPL and other than against Man Utd he hasnt shown much goal threat. 

If its true we have paid a large fee to take him in on loan for the season and paying a chunk of his massive wage i hope he shows he is the class act the management expect but i think its a big risk. Dave Cormack said in that interview last week that he wouldn't pay 400-500k for a player who is out of contract next summer but at least that player would be ours to sell. Paying a big fee for someone to come on loan you really need them to be a  totally different level from what we have to make it worth it. Its a very ambitious move though and credit should go to DC for backing his manger.

Good response. Cheers 

2 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

Burnley couldn't beat us over 180 minutes. And they were in the EPL, where they've stayed comfortably for the most part.

Sevco and Celtic would both survive in the EPL....they are both better than Burnley. 

Both would definitely survive in the EPL. People who say Sevco and Celtic wouldn't survive are just not dealing with reality. They would have access to the huge tv money on offer so would have far stronger squads than they have at the minute. Their attendances would be amongst the highest in the league. 

Both clubs would also be far more attractive to potential foreign investors. Not saying either would win it the top players would still go to Manchester, London or Liverpool before they considered Glasgow but they would both be competitive. Both would attract far better quality players / managers than they can at the moment. Clubs like Leicester are competitive in the EPL and both of the ugly sisters are much bigger with more potential. I detest both clubs but that's the reality.

Don't know why we keep boasting about scouting network in Europe when we continue to sign players from England. Im not against signing players from England but was given the impression in last few windows and even more so this summer that we would be looking further afield so expected more than Ramriez to be foreign imports. 

18 minutes ago, SupportmeansSUPPORT said:

He suffered thigh injury problems for most of last season which might explain why he is Pittodrie bound.

This article was from last year before he was given his new contract which took him from £850 a week to an alleged 24k a week. 

https://www.themag.co.uk/2020/04/unpopular-matty-longstaff-opinion-newcastle-united/

Reading the piece and all the comments below it about him it seems like Newcastle fans were having the same debate as people on here have had about Lewis this morning as in will he ever be epl standard, is he too slow, is he good enough to be in a top of the championship team, others saying Bruce has treated him poorly and not given him a chance, Bruce destroys talented players and he might flourish given game time.

4 minutes ago, slippers said:

Don't know why we keep boasting about scouting network in Europe when we continue to sign players from England. Im not against signing players from England but was given the impression in last few windows and even more so this summer that we would be looking further afield so expected more than Ramriez to be foreign imports. 

Things have been made a lot harder because of the new rules after Brexit. I know both yourself and @Pondhopper would like us to be looking at other markets but its very very difficult. and it can a very long drawn out process to appeal with no guarantee that you will definitely be able to sign the player you want at the end of it. If a player has other options they will probably go to a club in another country as they will know they can sign and have their future guaranteed and secure straight away, rather than put their life on hold until a long appeal process has taken place where you might not even get the go ahead at the end of it.  

There was actually an excellent piece in the New York times last week about the issues scottish clubs like us face which will better explain the problems than i can tell you. If you fancy a read in your bed tonight you can take a look here  -   - https://www.nytimes.com/2021/08/19/sports/soccer/scotland-football-brexit.html

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, Ten Caat said:

I don't think he's as bad as some on here are making out but I'd far rather we signed up the young Hamilton loon

Let's just take both of them if they're available. Options would be handy. 

We must be getting some fee for Ferguson now all these players are coming in despite not making the euro groups.