On 8/22/2021 at 8:06 PM, mainstandmoan said:

Great atmosphere today guys. Just an update.

Doesn’t look great for Andy Considine. Due to see surgeon this week.

mcKenzie rested as a precaution today, slight muscle injury, should be ok for Thursday.

looking like at least 2 arrivals this week, expect news early part of the week. Potentially 2 forwards, & a central defender.

interest also in the Icelandic left back……

This looks on the money.

Mainstandmoan has come home.

• Upvote 3
3 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Must be a fair few headed for the out door now. 

Ferguson 

Kennedy 

Hedges? 

McGeouch? 

Campbell on loan? 

Not much point in having McGinn around the place either despite the contract extension. 

Ferguson for a decent fee I'd guess. Kennedy can just get to fuck. Doubt there will be much interest in paying a fee for an injured Hedges. I'd keep McGeouch and Campbell especially if Campbell is a LB option. McGinn looks like a waste of a wage. 

2 minutes ago, Betty Swallicks said:

Ferguson for a decent fee I'd guess. Kennedy can just get to fuck. Doubt there will be much interest in paying a fee for an injured Hedges. I'd keep McGeouch and Campbell especially if Campbell is a LB option. McGinn looks like a waste of a wage. 

I'd keep one of the two. 

If McGeouch stays then I think Campbell benefits from a loan. 

If McGeouch goes then Campbell will get more games as cover.   

Campbell might benefit from a loan either way.  Nae point in having a 20 year old sitting on his arse all season. 

25 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Must be a fair few headed for the out door now. 

Ferguson 

Kennedy 

Hedges? 

McGeouch? 

Campbell on loan? 

Not much point in having McGinn around the place either despite the contract extension. 

Ferguson must be a cert given the sudden late flurry of incomers

Kennedy.....less said the better

Hedges I don't think is badly injured, probably fit by the time we resume after the international break. If an English Championship club really wants him I think we'll sell now that Watkins is in the door. 

McGeouch I think we are stuck with till next summer. No one outwith the arse cheeks, Hibs and Hearts could afford him. Arse cheeks won't be interested and for differing reasons I think the Edinburgh clubs would give him a miss under his present contract conditions.

Campbell needs to go on loan for the full season. Maybe easier said than done though

Agree about McGinn and I'd throw in Hayes for good measure. Both are finished at this level

2 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Ferguson must be a cert given the sudden late flurry of incomers

Kennedy.....less said the better

Hedges I don't think is badly injured, probably fit by the time we resume after the international break. If an English Championship club really wants him I think we'll sell now that Watkins is in the door. 

McGeouch I think we are stuck with till next summer. No one outwith the arse cheeks, Hibs and Hearts could afford him. Arse cheeks won't be interested and for differing reasons I think the Edinburgh clubs would give him a miss under his present contract conditions.

Campbell needs to go on loan for the full season. Maybe easier said than done though

Agree about McGinn and I'd throw in Hayes for good measure. Both are finished at this level

We should maybe just bring in a goalie as well while we're splashing the cash. 

Won't be many McInnes signings left by next summer. 

• Upvote 1

So Samuels & Longstaff on loan, Watkins and Bates in permanently. 
Anyone who's "in the know" able to share whether that is likely to be our incoming business done?

I'm guessing Ferguson will be gone for a few million and Longstaff is his replacement for this season, so I'm wondering if we might yet bring someone else in. I'd still like to see an exciting attacking player. Watkins is good and effective at what he does, but I still feel we're lacking a player who can entertain us and get us off our seats... similar to Hayes and McGinn in the early years...

• Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, Don_Corleone said:

So Samuels & Longstaff on loan, Watkins and Bates in permanently. 
Anyone who's "in the know" able to share whether that is likely to be our incoming business done?

I'm guessing Ferguson will be gone for a few million and Longstaff is his replacement for this season, so I'm wondering if we might yet bring someone else in. I'd still like to see an exciting attacking player. Watkins is good and effective at what he does, but I still feel we're lacking a player who can entertain us and get us off our seats... similar to Hayes and McGinn in the early years...

I don't think that we are done yet.

• Upvote 5