Aberdeen FC confirm Jimmy Thelin appointment ✍️ ×

4 Scotland caps. 

Too much pant pishing going going on. Don't think he's actually put pen to paper yet but when he does ffs give him a chance. He was at sevco same time as McCrorie and played in the position that McCrorie wanted to play. That tells me he's better than McCrorie...

My only worry about him is the year out he missed, but he seemed to play regularly on loan at Cercle Bruges last season.

• Upvote 2

39 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Ffs - you’re better than Devlin. He’s an irrelevance & won’t kick a ball for us again. 
I don’t think he’s an upgrade on Gallagher or McCrorie. 

Aye Devlin is a complete irrelevance. 

Gallagher has been guff so far, and McCrorie isn't really a defender. I think McCrorie can do okay in a back 3, but he's a liability in a 2. 

I can't recall much about Bates but it wouldn't take much to improve our defence currently. They were talking him up at Rangers and I seem to remember they were quite disappointed that he left for Germany. The lad has experience playing in different leagues at a decent level, and he's got a few international caps, so he's of a decent calibre.

Not sure what our best 11 is now (assuming Ferguson leaves...)

Lewis

Ramsay Gallagher Bates MacKenzie

Longstaff Brown McCrorie

Hedges Watkins

Ramirez

• Upvote 1
4 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Bates is a carthorse.

Personally believe he'll be an upgrade on Hoban and Taylor and dare I say Considine. He's a young player who has the potential to be a very good player for us. 

Both Hibs and Hearts were after him and he chose us over them. I'm pleased with the look of the team at the moment. Overall this has been one of our best windows in years IMO.

Time will tell.

• Upvote 1
Guest milne_afc

Still waiting for anyone to provide some evidence of the boy Longshanks being a decent player.

@ebbe a few sub appearances over 3 years and the word of a notoriously stupid support does not fill me with confidence tbh

22 minutes ago, ThomohawkKid said:

He’s nowhere near Gallagher. May be equally as mistake prone as Mcrorie which isn’t exciting. It’s the sort of news that gives you dread.

Well that’s worrying seen as Gallagher has been gut rot since joining!, what particular game have you seen Gallagher excell in a red top so far buddy?.boys looked disinterested, careless, shit. Your saying bates is NOWHERE near that level.

Got a good feeling on Bates, spent last season on loan at Cercle Brugge in a better league than ours.

And let's be real, even if he doesn't walk in as our number one choice he must be a step up from 2 broken toys and a centre mid (or a right back i'll get to that) for centre half options. I do believe Gallagher will improve once he has a partner that can actually play at centre half..

After Thursday I really believe that we need a right back to go on top of all this if not to keep young Ramsay competitive as, let's be real, Gurr looks uninspiring and Hernandez doesn't come back till later. Took me and I'm sure a lot of folk at Todders not very long to see how exposed Ramsay was when he was asked some serious questions (all 3 of Carrier Bags goals came from their left man Zoubir, who Ramsay looked petrified to get near to). I have no doubts on his ability and I believe he does merit serious playing time however I believe at his age and with his attacking intent more his game perhaps we should be in the market for a more rounded right back whilst also taking the pressure off the young boy a wee bit? Or to put McCrorie at right back like we've seen him do to a fair standard before from time to time.

Id argue we could do with another left back but I think so long as Hayes is still here Glass won't mind sticking him there for a shift.

Hope I don't rock the boat too much with my opinion on my 1st post here ?

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
10 hours ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Does he dress in his dead mum’s clothes? 

Only on Saturday evenings. Let’s hope we don’t have one of those late Saturday night kick offs or we are going to get some stick off the opposition fans regarding Norman.

Just for a bit humour some radge can shout out “Mother” every time he touches the ball.

21 minutes ago, Elph_I_N_Stone said:

Got a good feeling on Bates, spent last season on loan at Cercle Brugge in a better league than ours.

And let's be real, even if he doesn't walk in as our number one choice he must be a step up from 2 broken toys and a centre mid (or a right back i'll get to that) for centre half options. I do believe Gallagher will improve once he has a partner that can actually play at centre half..

After Thursday I really believe that we need a right back to go on top of all this if not to keep young Ramsay competitive as, let's be real, Gurr looks uninspiring and Hernandez doesn't come back till later. Took me and I'm sure a lot of folk at Todders not very long to see how exposed Ramsay was when he was asked some serious questions (all 3 of Carrier Bags goals came from their left man Zoubir, who Ramsay looked petrified to get near to). I have no doubts on his ability and I believe he does merit serious playing time however I believe at his age and with his attacking intent more his game perhaps we should be in the market for a more rounded right back whilst also taking the pressure off the young boy a wee bit? Or to put McCrorie at right back like we've seen him do to a fair standard before from time to time.

Id argue we could do with another left back but I think so long as Hayes is still here Glass won't mind sticking him there for a shift.

Hernandez isn't coming back.

And where is todders?

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 4
22 minutes ago, Elph_I_N_Stone said:

see how exposed Ramsay was when he was asked some serious questions (all 3 of Carrier Bags goals came from their left man Zoubir, who Ramsay looked petrified to get near to). I have no doubts on his ability and I believe he does merit serious playing time however I believe at his age and with his attacking intent more his game perhaps we should be in the market for a more rounded right back whilst also taking the pressure off the young boy a wee bit?

Ramsay was left exposed time and again as we don't have a right sided midfielder who tracks back to cover him whereas Hayes was tracking back to help MacKenzie. 

• Upvote 2
57 minutes ago, Elph_I_N_Stone said:

Agreed on right back before pre season.

Now I want to develop Ramsay as he is going to be a top player

10 hours ago, Don_Corleone said:

Aye Devlin is a complete irrelevance. 

Gallagher has been guff so far, and McCrorie isn't really a defender. I think McCrorie can do okay in a back 3, but he's a liability in a 2. 

I can't recall much about Bates but it wouldn't take much to improve our defence currently. They were talking him up at Rangers and I seem to remember they were quite disappointed that he left for Germany. The lad has experience playing in different leagues at a decent level, and he's got a few international caps, so he's of a decent calibre.

Not sure what our best 11 is now (assuming Ferguson leaves...)

Lewis

Ramsay Gallagher Bates MacKenzie

Longstaff Brown McCrorie

Hedges Watkins

Ramirez

If the rumours about Hamilton are true, Bates, Hamilton and Gallagher in a back three? 

2 hours ago, Dons79 said:

Well that’s worrying seen as Gallagher has been gut rot since joining!, what particular game have you seen Gallagher excell in a red top so far buddy?.boys looked disinterested, careless, shit. Your saying bates is NOWHERE near that level.

Aye a seem to be the only cunt that rates Gallagher so far ?? I think he’s been very calm, composed and despite pen v hearts pretty assured defensively given our gun ho style at times. Lumps it when nothings on which sometimes is more than I’d like but thought he comfortable coped with ; most European games, livi and raith without rarely leaving second gear, so he’s more to give yet which is a good sign IMO. Put it this way I wouldn’t be blaming him for the goals other than pen v hearts n it’s fairly soft IMO. 
chipping it over GMS head is my personal highlight so far. 

I think if you ask a 100 people gallacher or Bates at least 99 pick Gallagher. 

Lol at folk claiming they know much about Bates. Big followers of the Bundesliga 2 and Belgian first division? Doubt it. 

There's no way he'll be worse than McCrorie, and he'll actually play so will be better than Devlin. Hopefully him and Gallagher can strike up a decent partnership. Gallagher has been poor so far but with a run of games beside another actual defender I reckon he'll improve.

• Upvote 4
Just now, ThomohawkKid said:

Hamilton the players agent is very keen to get him a move. Hamilton the club might feel the pressure and lower their estimation.

Hamilton are very good at giving young players a chance and letting them move on when a reasonable offer comes in.

Hopefully they aren't still holding a grudge about not getting as much for Fergie as they'd hoped though. Is it only the obligatory % they are due when we sell him?

• Upvote 1
39 minutes ago, Rico1903 said:

If the rumours about Hamilton are true, Bates, Hamilton and Gallagher in a back three? 

Personally, I'd be delighted with those as our central defence options. Gallagher is a good defender and just needs sometime/confidence to get going. Bates will also require a few games to get into gear. If true, the young lad Hamilton looks really promising and would be a fantastic replacement for Devlin/Considine going forward. Would certainly argue we are stronger defensively this season especially in the wing back positions.

I think it's the right time for Ferguson to leave. A good player on his day and has plenty of potential to develop however I wouldn't say he's as good as his other namesakes and IMO I find him to be inconsistent. I wouldn't be remotely surprised if the energetic Longstaff outshines him during his time with us. I would say 3 million plus add ons is a good offer for Fergie.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Rico1903 said:

That would be decent and allow us to deploy Ramsey and to an extent McKenzie as wing backs as for me I'm nae too sure how great Ramsey is at actually defending. McCroarie as back up, Consie on his way out and Devlin hopefully released in January.

I'd be more than happy with Bates, Hamilton, Gallagher and McCrorie as our 4 centre backs. Improvement on last season for sure. 

2 hours ago, ThomohawkKid said:

Aye a seem to be the only cunt that rates Gallagher so far ?? I think he’s been very calm, composed and despite pen v hearts pretty assured defensively given our gun ho style at times. Lumps it when nothings on which sometimes is more than I’d like but thought he comfortable coped with ; most European games, livi and raith without rarely leaving second gear, so he’s more to give yet which is a good sign IMO. Put it this way I wouldn’t be blaming him for the goals other than pen v hearts n it’s fairly soft IMO. 
chipping it over GMS head is my personal highlight so far. 

I think if you ask a 100 people gallacher or Bates at least 99 pick Gallagher. 

but 100 would spell "Gallagher" the same twice in the same line

• Haha 2