2 minutes ago, AyrshireSheep said:

But neither of them do Browns job anywhere near as effectively. That's part of the problem. Brown will play 90% of games now we are playing once a week. It's just a waste of a wage bringing Longstaff in. Considering we were already overloaded with them. 

As someone else mentioned about the centre half situation Glass has taken his eye right off the ball there. Had Considine not got injured i don't think we'd have signed Bates.

Unless Longstaff is a better player than Ferguson for example. 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, AyrshireSheep said:

But neither of them do Browns job anywhere near as effectively. That's part of the problem. Brown will play 90% of games now we are playing once a week. It's just a waste of a wage bringing Longstaff in. Considering we were already overloaded with them. 

As someone else mentioned about the centre half situation Glass has taken his eye right off the ball there. Had Considine not got injured i don't think we'd have signed Bates.

I'm sure Ferguson and Longstaff will be able to cope with a few shifts in midfield without Brown every now and again. 

I'm more bothered about us having only one recognised striker 

1 minute ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Yeah because we will still have McCrorie, McGeough that can do a shift in Browns absence also.

Provided we still have 2 central defenders fit

I'd be less confident in those two filling in tbh. 

McCrorie can't run a midfield and McGeouch just can't get round the park quick enough. 

I think Longstaff would be able to cover Brown's job quite easily. 

3 minutes ago, DD1903 said:

If no one wants them, how do we get rid? Pay off?! Nah

Take that point for lads like mcgeouch and kennedy but would have expected development loans for likes of Ruth. i'd also have put campbell out if mcgeouch and ferguson are staying (even if he is now a left back)

32 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Not even close to the epic proportions of our central defensive fkd up work this window.

Glass is to central defenders what McInnes was to full backs.

it seems they both feel anyone can just fill in in these areas

He’s brought in two international centre halves min - dry your eyes ?

3 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

Take that point for lads like mcgeouch and kennedy but would have expected development loans for likes of Ruth. i'd also have put campbell out if mcgeouch and ferguson are staying (even if he is now a left back)

Think players can still be loaned to lower league clubs for another week or so. Kennedy to the championship sounds more suitable for his actual ability. 

Lewis, Woods (2)

Ramsay, Gurr (2)

Bates, Gallagher, McCrorie, Devlin, Considine (5)

Mackenzie, Hayes (2)

Brown, Ferguson, Campbell, Ojo, McGeouch, Jenks, Longstaff (7)

McLennan, Kennedy, Hedges, McGinn, Watkins (5)

Ramirez, JET, Samuels (3)

Not including Ruth, Ngwenya and Hancock etc.

Just now, Tord31 said:

Lewis, Woods (2)

Ramsay, Gurr (2)

Mackenzie, Hayes (2)

26 players. (24 if you don't count the two long term injuries) 

That's a massive squad for 2 competitions. 

4 hours ago, DelMonte said:

That’s a mental squad when you see it like that. Some wage bill.

From what I can gather, the players released at end of last season freed up marginally over £25k weekly, or about 2/5 of the playing squad wage bill. Prob equates to between 6-8 first XI players salaries.  This is before taking McInnes’ salary into the mix....

7 hours ago, Tord31 said:

Lewis, Woods (2)

Ramsay, Gurr (2)

Mackenzie, Hayes (2)

Is that an attempt to imply we have 5 CH’s ?

McCrorie not a CH

Considine likely to never play any meaningful part again other than token game/s

Devlin ???

Bates ? definitely a wait & see but honestly not expecting much

Gallagher, might come good. Not impressed at all so far but maybe he needs an actual competent CH alongside to look competent himself. Doesn’t seem he has that though. 
We have Zero CH’s that look like they can control a back line.

I think we could have the worst defensive record we have had for a great number of seasons this season 

1 hour ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Is that an attempt to imply we have 5 CH’s ?

McCrorie not a CH

Considine likely to never play any meaningful part again other than token game/s

Devlin ???

Bates ? definitely a wait & see but honestly not expecting much

Gallagher, might come good. Not impressed at all so far but maybe he needs an actual competent CH alongside to look competent himself. Doesn’t seem he has that though. 
We have Zero CH’s that look like they can control a back line.

I think we could have the worst defensive record we have had for a great number of seasons this season 

You’ve been asked a few times but I’ll bite again. Why the fuck your saying the same shite over and over? 

• Upvote 3