Don't know anything about Teddy Jenks. Just glad there's a player of a younger generation being brought in...someone who can run hopefully as well as play! I would hazard a guess and say McGrath is gone if this goes through. Kinda loaded in midfield surely with this deal...if it goes through. Unless Ferguson is on way out as we suspect. Sounds promising from those posting. Be interesting if the so called Irvine deal is also gone on this. 

Any chat on a left back? McKenzie cannae be the only bonafide left full back we're having? In the name of the wee man he cannae be planning on playing Considine there. 

Still a load of positions needing filled really eh. Here's hoping he gets who he wants. 

6 minutes ago, thegodfuzzy said:

Don't know anything about Teddy Jenks. Just glad there's a player of a younger generation being brought in...someone who can run hopefully as well as play! I would hazard a guess and say McGrath is gone if this goes through. Kinda loaded in midfield surely with this deal...if it goes through. Unless Ferguson is on way out as we suspect. Sounds promising from those posting. Be interesting if the so called Irvine deal is also gone on this. 

Any chat on a left back? McKenzie cannae be the only bonafide left full back we're having? In the name of the wee man he cannae be planning on playing Considine there. 

Still a load of positions needing filled really eh. Here's hoping he gets who he wants. 

Brighton fans don't believe we will be able to get a buy clause inserted. Will feel a bit disappointed if we don't have a buy clause now. At least it covers us if he's the real deal. Going by the chat and his potential id guess the buy clause would break our record transfer of 1m as he seems to be very highly thought of. A midfielder with attacking intent is exactly what we need. 

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Pointless. At his age the formula means we'd get about £150k or so. And remember a chunk of that will go to whatever youth sides he represented from age age 12 till he signed for us 

Not if it comes down to having a nice sell on clause or something like that which could net us a nice touch later down the line.

2 hours ago, sooth_stander said:

I hope McInnes gets it, I wish no ill fortune on him.

It would be interesting to see how he gets on, and I would hope he would do well, despite the negative press it might result in AFC getting from the gutter Wegia.

Just had a look on their forum,a lot would like him above Appleton who is fav....

7 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

He's out of contract. How do you propose we get a sell on clause?

If we are due £200k. surely the negotiation is saying we'll take less plus a sell on. presumably clubs have not offered £200k (or whatever it is) so far.

1 minute ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Some sort of % is automatically inserted as development fee regardless isn’t it?

If whoever he signs for sells him on before his contract runs out then 5% of the fee shared between all clubs he represented from age 12  until that point pro rata.

Otherwise if he sees out his contract and it expires before the season he turns 23 in (24 if in Scotland) then the development fee rule/formula continues on 

But it isn't something we can negotiate. Those rules are set in stone

4 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

If we are due £200k. surely the negotiation is saying we'll take less plus a sell on. presumably clubs have not offered £200k (or whatever it is) so far.

The development fee rule means that every club he has represented from age 12, be they amateur youth or whatever is due their own cut of the development fee. We cannot negotiate down otherwise we'd be doing them out a fee they are legally entitled to

19 minutes ago, BonnieDon said:

I dont think the loan signing of Teddy Jenks will signal the end of our pursuit for McGrath. He appears to be the replacement for the soon to be exiting Ferguson. I just wonder if Brighton are in for Ferguson and this is part of the deal.

I thought that, maybe they get dibs if they gee us a loan. 

• Upvote 1
20 minutes ago, BonnieDon said:

I dont think the loan signing of Teddy Jenks will signal the end of our pursuit for McGrath. He appears to be the replacement for the soon to be exiting Ferguson. I just wonder if Brighton are in for Ferguson and this is part of the deal.

I was thinking the same. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1