20 minutes ago, starryfish said:

Think once teams in England are back training the transfer market will open up more and we may see more ins and outs.  Not ideal for us given one of our most important games of the season is a fortnight before the English leagues kick off.

We should stop shopping in that over inflated market anyhow 

2 hours ago, RED_JOHN said:

No point trying to debate Considine as his fan club are a bunch of weirdos who definitely have gay feelings towards him.

Will this team that Cormack and Glass have currently amassed be winning any trophies?

I don’t want to be critical but it certainly reeks of penny pinching currently…..still time to make it look otherwise.

Gallagher,  Ramriez and Brown are not penny pinching signings. They would also all have started for us in last campaign so I don't see us being weaker as we haven't lost any "key' players. As many have said expectations were raised heavily after comments from Cormack and Glass. I would say that we need a couple players of real quality to let them off the hook, preferably a creative type and a left sided centre back. Would also like to see us sign a young up and coming striker. 

28 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Thing about Andy Considine is that in his entire career, he’s never been looked at as as automatic 1st pick.

But he always ends up being so.

Hopefully this will be the season that he’s finally benched.

For who though?

Of the central defenders we have available Gallagher & Considine are the best.

Devlin is a waste of space & the only other option is McCrorie. 

40 minutes ago, slippers said:

Gallagher,  Ramriez and Brown are not penny pinching signings. They would also all have started for us in last campaign so I don't see us being weaker as we haven't lost any "key' players. As many have said expectations were raised heavily after comments from Cormack and Glass. I would say that we need a couple players of real quality to let them off the hook, preferably a creative type and a left sided centre back. Would also like to see us sign a young up and coming striker. 

And it's clear to see that the more significant investment thus far has gone into the spine of the team. I'm hopeful of at least one or two quality signings in other key positions. 

I think it will be quite telling to see how other clubs such as both the Edinburgh sides and Dundee Utd operate this window. If indeed our current transfer activity is part of a cost cutting exercise due to the loses from this past season (and in preparation for potential loses this coming season) then I fully expect everyone else to be in the same boat. And remember, unlike most teams we have navigated this past season near debt free.

From that perspective, both Gallagher and Brown are fantastic additions to our side as well as retaining the services of McGinn (and dare I say potentially Devlin for 6 months) on reduced terms is a sensible move.

I'm quite intrigued to see how Gurr gets on. It's only a one year deal, he won't be on a huge wage, his arrival shouldn't impede on Ramsay's development, he's worked with Glass previously/understands his system and we have Hernandez returning in January. Essentially Gurr is just an interim signing until Ramsay is ready to solidify his place in the first team starting lineup. 

If we are in talks with the likes of Irvine and McGrath it will probably take longer to get it over the line due to the competition for their signatures. Personally I'm more excited by the prospect of Teddy Jenks then McGrath. He won't cost us much, a stand out in EPL reserve league and unlike McGrath he doesn't involve a significant transfer fee that I don't feel we can justify during the current pandemic. Not to discredit McGrath's goal contribution for St Mirren but the majority of his goals was from the penalty spot.

Ramirez is coming…we know that. We do need another though and I still think it will be Hendry from St.Johnstone because the management like his attitude and see potential.

We are overrun with midfielders (a lot with very limited ability) so we should try our best to reduce this rapidly.

Our defence is questionable…we definitely need another central defender simply because Considine doesn’t have the ability or mental concentration to be anything other than a liability at times. 

Woods should start in goal because Lewis’ form had dipped substantially last season and I honestly doubt his bottle in bigger matches as he is easily beaten at times.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
  • Dildo 2
39 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

We need to sign another striker. A first pick. Possibly even 2 because Ramirez isn’t guaranteed a work permit or it could drag on a while before he does

Or could be an over the hill  striker whose best seasons are behind him and who can't command a regular place in his current team and who will have zero sell-on value.

49 minutes ago, RED_JOHN said:

Ramirez is coming…we know that. We do need another though and I still think it will be Hendry from St.Johnstone because the management like his attitude and see potential.

We are overrun with midfielders (a lot with very limited ability) so we should try our best to reduce this rapidly.

Our defence is questionable…we definitely need another central defender simply because Considine doesn’t have the ability or mental concentration to be anything other than a liability at times. 

Woods should start in goal because Lewis’ form had dipped substantially last season and I honestly doubt his bottle in bigger matches as he is easily beaten at times.

You do realise Andy got into the Scotland squad for the qualifiers. As usual a easy target for those that are limited in conversation 

• Upvote 3
45 minutes ago, Poodler said:

Come on, he got in due to a plethora of injuries!!

As opposed to Devlin who gets new contracts despite suffering a plethora of injuries

As it stands Consi is our starting left CH. Not ideal as he now should be a back-up option only but given our very public courting of Clark Robertson, we will surely bring in somebody to be a first pick ahead of him before the season starts.

Andy Considine is finished in terms of being a regular starter in the team.

In my opinion he should have been replaced seasons ago.

If were expecting to compete in one off matches with Celtic and Sevco next season, and Considine is involved, then I can predict the outcome already.

Great servant to the club and all the rest of it, but like every other player, they become ‘past their best’

• Upvote 1
  • Dildo 1
11 minutes ago, Don Fonte said:

We're very lucky to have 3 international class central defenders at the club if Devlin is there. That position is the least of our worries.

That's got to be a joke... Gallagher has done okay in a few games for Scotland, Considine was called up due to a heap of injuries, and Devlin got into the squad mainly because he was playing alongside McKenna who was seen to be the next big thing.

Gallagher and Considine are solid SPL level players. Devlin is a waste of a wage - permanently injured, and the last time he wasn't injured and got a few games he was an absolute bombscare. Shouldn't be anywhere near our team never mind the national team.

• Upvote 1
  • Dildo 1