1 hour ago, Don Fonte said:

Jonny Davidson.

He's a cunting MBE.........give him his full fucking title

On 6/18/2021 at 3:25 PM, slippers said:

I think at our level Gallagher and Brown go down as good signings, would be harsh to say otherwise at this point. JET I think could be a handy player if he’s fit and Jenks is highly regarded but no real idea if he can cope with first team football. Gurr on paper looks a terrible signing, Ramirez looks risky to me based on his stats the past 3 seasons and assuming he will be a top earner. Pressure is on him right from off. 

None of the above fit the bracket Glass and Cormack promised us a few months back though. Be interesting to see if anyone of “star” quality arrives....

My comment was more about the quantity of signings rather than quality - I’m happy with Brown and Gallagher, and also with JET. No idea about the young English lad, but will give him the benefit of the doubt.

i just think we need at least another 4 new faces, and we still need to shift 3 or 4 as well. We’re never going to improve with the likes of Ojo, McLennan, Kennedy etc near the team.

still time yet I guess.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

10 hours ago, Don_Corleone said:

My comment was more about the quantity of signings rather than quality - I’m happy with Brown and Gallagher, and also with JET. No idea about the young English lad, but will give him the benefit of the doubt.

i just think we need at least another 4 new faces, and we still need to shift 3 or 4 as well. We’re never going to improve with the likes of Ojo, McLennan, Kennedy etc near the team.

still time yet I guess.

Not defending the club but it’s often the case you have to wait longer to get the real quality in. The biggest problem is waiting months to get them over line then they fuck you off to fleetwood or some shite. Then end up signing someone with a lot less ability. I just hope we get at least 1 player in that meets the criteria from cormack and Glass, ideally a winger or creative type. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

27 minutes ago, slippers said:

Not defending the club but it’s often the case you have to wait longer to get the real quality in. The biggest problem is waiting months to get them over line then they fuck you off to fleetwood or some shite. Then end up signing someone with a lot less ability. I just hope we get at least 1 player in that meets the criteria from cormack and Glass, ideally a winger or creative type. 

Cosgrove incoming , Birmingham sending him out on loan,  Cormack and glasses super signing.   !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

• Upvote 1
  • Dildo on Bonnet 5

1 hour ago, shooftahmooftah said:

Cosgrove incoming , Birmingham sending him out on loan,  Cormack and glasses super signing.   !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

Just posted this on another Topic.

Ipswich reported to be interested 

• Solidarity 1

2 hours ago, slippers said:

A lot of truth in this.  I reckon Glass and Cormack may have thought it was going to be a lot easier to get the players they wanted in than it’s turned out.  Still a fair but of time to get the right players in though.  I suppose the danger of signing players early is that you may miss out on better players later in the window.  Will also depend if any players move on.  I still get the feeling that we will sign 2-3 players at most.  

21 minutes ago, Kiriakov33 said:

A lot of truth in this.  I reckon Glass and Cormack may have thought it was going to be a lot easier to get the players they wanted in than it’s turned out.  Still a fair but of time to get the right players in though.  I suppose the danger of signing players early is that you may miss out on better players later in the window.  Will also depend if any players move on.  I still get the feeling that we will sign 2-3 players at most.  

Needs to be 2-3 players on top of the rumoured ones already arriving. Need another winger, centre back and striker. 

8 hours ago, Hoofball said:

Needs to be 2-3 players on top of the rumoured ones already arriving. Need another winger, centre back and striker. 

Yeah, that's what I reckon - 2-3 more on top of Gurr and Ramirez - and I also agree with the positions you mention. Ideally ship out another one or two on top of that and bring in replacements, but maybe that will need to wait until the winter window.

The some top English teams don't let youngsters out on loan till they do their own transfer business.

Pain when you start in Europe early.

The boy from Brighton here for experience  and first team football,  hope he has the same effect that Maddison had when he was here