8 minutes ago, Ernie McCracken said:

From the EE

"Aberdeen’s commercial director Rob Wicks insists it was important the club backed Stephen Glass in the transfer market this summer." 

But you haven't backed him Rob!  If you have then I can only suggest that Glass is even worse than McInnes at identifying players. 

I would guesstimate that Gallagher, Ramirez and Brown are on more money than any player last season. We also paid 200k for Ramirez. 

It may not have meet out expectations following the chairman and managers comments but I think it’s fair to say they have backed him and would assume there may be another player or 2 arrive. If we sign Boyle 500k is a lot of cash for us on 1 player in recent times. 

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Kerr was touted at about £400k-£500k & supposedly interesting a few clubs down south. 

McCart would be a good bit less than Kerr.

Saints team will get decimated as their whole defence is coming out of contract. I doubt they’ll hold on to players & let their contracts expire instead of getting anything between £250k-£500k for each of them. 

Wigan and Bournemouth have both enquired about Kerr. Nothing concrete yet though. 

43 minutes ago, slippers said:

I would guesstimate that Gallagher, Ramirez and Brown are on more money than any player last season. We also paid 200k for Ramirez. 

It may not have meet out expectations following the chairman and managers comments but I think it’s fair to say they have backed him and would assume there may be another player or 2 arrive. If we sign Boyle 500k is a lot of cash for us on 1 player in recent times. 

I agree with your post other than the last sentence.

No chance we’re even considering Martin Boyle. 

• Dildo 1
1 hour ago, aberdeen1970 said:

They've got 4 that would be good signings 

McCann who will go for seven figures and is probably out of reach. 

Kerr and McCart who are gettable and would improve our side. 

Rooney as an interesting wild card. The boy's attitude and energy is unbelievable. 

I agree in the main.

I think Rooney is a big whole-hearted defender who’s had a memorable season with goals in both cup finals, but I’m not convinced he’s that good a player actually. 

6 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

I agree with your post other than the last sentence.

No chance we’re even considering Martin Boyle. 

I don’t  think he will be a Hibs player next season. If no interest from England or OF he will be a don next season. It’s a waiting game but I think we will make a move should no interest materialise. Time will tell. 

6 minutes ago, Chester Don said:

Not sure I liked the tense of the statement from our commercial director. “Was important we backed”.   Does this suggest that there is no more backing to come?  

Will be interesting to see what the chat is on tonight’s RED TV / YouTube catch up with Stephen Glass & Steven Gunn.

We might get a hint if there’s anything else in the pipeline or we’re trying to do.

3 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Maybe more to replace the Swedish lad (Mellberg?) who’s leaving? 

Hallberg. I think he is under contract for another season but did say towards the end of the season that if he wasnt given more starts he might look to see if he could move on. They also have Scott Allan back from Inverness and Mallan back from Turkey. A bit like us they have a lot of central midfielders, So would assume someone is leaving if Doyle-Hayes is heading there. 

4 minutes ago, SupportmeansSUPPORT said:

Hallberg. I think he is under contract for another season but did say towards the end of the season that if he wasnt given more starts he might look to see if he could move on. They also have Scott Allan back from Inverness and Mallan back from Turkey. A bit like us they have a lot of central midfielders, So would assume someone is leaving if Doyle-Hayes is heading there. 

Would anyone take Scott Allan?

2 hours ago, Ernie McCracken said:

From the EE

"Aberdeen’s commercial director Rob Wicks insists it was important the club backed Stephen Glass in the transfer market this summer." 

But you haven't backed him Rob!  If you have then I can only suggest that Glass is even worse than McInnes at identifying players. 

I don't think he's been backed as much as all the headlines would have you believe. We had almost half a team leave this summer, so there was plenty money available by default