1 hour ago, BonnieDon said:

McGrath along with Doyle-Hayes were both absent for the start of St Mirren's preseason.

Doyle-Hayes is set to sign for a club England after rejecting Dundee Utd. 

We might be about to discover if McGrath is signing for us or a club in England.

Was McGrath not playing for Ireland in friendlies?

He’ll just be getting a week or two extra off from the other players, same as Gallagher will be with us. 

14 minutes ago, North_Andy_Dandy said:

When are we expecting Gallagher in for Pre-season? 

He’ll be given two weeks maybe after Scotland were papped out, so maybe off until a week tomorrow? 

1 hour ago, Tord31 said:

I am happy to give him that time but he's got more freedom than any manager in the last 25 years to change the team in the first year. That's quite an advantage. It's not gonna cut it to say McInnes left us in a shambles

Main problem being covid. Nobody knows if fans will be allowed in stadiums which stops income and causes the purse strings to still be tight.

I’d say McInnes has left the club in a shambles

13 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

He’ll be given two weeks maybe after Scotland were papped out, so maybe off until a week tomorrow? 

Fair enough I guess, considering he’ll be moving up here and all that.

Any signs of Devlin in training this week or is it looking like we only have 2 cb’s so far?

Just now, North_Andy_Dandy said:

Fair enough I guess, considering he’ll be moving up here and all that.

Any signs of Devlin in training this week or is it looking like we only have 2 cb’s so far?

Is Devlin even fit? Stupid fucking question with him really. 
They could always use McCrorie there if they had to.

Hopefully another one is brought in 

I'd say we need two centre backs by September; one by August.

It's surely looking like Devlin is going to go elsewhere

1 hour ago, Tord31 said:

It's surely looking like Devlin is going to go elsewhere

Good. Insane offering plasticine legs a new contract, even if it was just 6 months. The boy can’t manage 6 minutes never mind 6 months without getting injured.

• Upvote 1

Apparently we’re in talks with some guy called Jamie MacDonald. Ex Malta international midfielder.

Glass trying to address our pace issues. Hopefully he hasn’t lost his pace with age 🤞

48 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Apparently we’re in talks with some guy called Jamie MacDonald. Ex Malta international midfielder.

Glass trying to address our pace issues. Hopefully he hasn’t lost his pace with age 🤞

Prick, I just googled him 🤣

• Haha 4

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, StevieT1986 said:

So now that Ramirez has signed, what now? 

Ryan Christie and Kieran Tierney would probably do it. (as in complete the team)

Edited by RedRichard

56 minutes ago, StevieT1986 said:

So now that Ramirez has signed, what now? 

Left sided centre back

Right winger

Both under 25 preferably

If/when Ferguson is sold, sign McGrath (assuming no one else has in the interim). And use a chunk of the fee received to also offer Hedges a sensible pay rise with a bonus signing fee included to sweeten the deal. 

Offloading Ojo to anyone who will take him, even if we have to cover up to 75% of his wages would be sensible. 

Lewis probably has enough credit in the bank to give him 6 months to see how he copes in the system Glass wants to use. He must have the captaincy stripped immediately though. But long term I cant see him coping with being an auxiliary sweeper the way many teams now use their goalkeepers when in possession in the oppo half, if that's the way Glass wants to go. And any repeat of the basic goalkeeping fuck ups that have been a regular occurrence in the past 18 months then I'm afraid his time with us should be up (easier said than done given his contract)

• Upvote 3

Falkirk looking to take Michael Ruth on loan according to reports.

39 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Left sided centre back

Right winger

Both under 25 preferably

If/when Ferguson is sold, sign McGrath (assuming no one else has in the interim). And use a chunk of the fee received to also offer Hedges a sensible pay rise with a bonus signing fee included to sweeten the deal. 

Offloading Ojo to anyone who will take him, even if we have to cover up to 75% of his wages would be sensible. 

Lewis probably has enough credit in the bank to give him 6 months to see how he copes in the system Glass wants to use. He must have the captaincy stripped immediately though. But long term I cant see him coping with being an auxiliary sweeper the way many teams now use their goalkeepers when in possession in the oppo half, if that's the way Glass wants to go. And any repeat of the basic goalkeeping fuck ups that have been a regular occurrence in the past 18 months then I'm afraid his time with us should be up (easier said than done given his contract)

If we sold ferguson I’d rather we went and bought the boy McCann from st Johnstone who I read were looking for £1 million for him. He would cost more but I think in the long run we could sell him for more than McGrath 

On 6/27/2021 at 9:23 PM, Hoofball said:

I’d say McInnes has left the club in a shambles

Aye I'm struggling to think of a manager who left the club in worse nick. No debt and 4th in the league. Very hard to think of any in the last 30 years

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Aye I'm struggling to think of a manager who left the club in worse nick. No debt and 4th in the league. Very hard to think of any in the last 30 years

It's not the perfect scenario for a new manager (like perhaps if he'd taken the Sunderland job) but i think its clutching if we are shit this season to roll out the 'its mcinnes' fault excuses'. 

Many a manager would have made a very very good fist at keeping us the same; european places (which is now top 5) and one hampden trip a season. If we bomb way below that level it is because of Cormack and Glass, and certainly not because of McInnes.

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

It's not the perfect scenario for a new manager (like perhaps if he'd taken the Sunderland job) but i think its clutching if we are shit this season to roll out the 'its mcinnes' fault excuses'. 

Would have been a lot of pressure for a new manager in 2017.... and a lot of the team left that summer. That would have been a tough time to come in. 

Now, decent squad (by standards of the league) and no debt.... lets be honest its a better start than any other manager has had in my lifetime

12 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Would have been a lot of pressure for a new manager in 2017.... and a lot of the team left that summer. That would have been a tough time to come in. 

Now, decent squad (by standards of the league) and no debt.... lets be honest its a better start than any other manager has had in my lifetime

Yes, I think a SPFL merry go round manager would have us achieving what I've said; top six and one hampden trip. 

Cormack picking a different manager, and management team, is aiming for higher than that and fair play. If we underachieve it's because we gambled on not going for a Robinson or a Tommy Wright etc. and accepting a status quo.

48 minutes ago, super_al said:

Any update on Irvine.

Hopefully not signing,

We have too many central midfielders as it is & I don’t think he’s an upgrade anyway. 

Posted (edited)

We’re chipping away adding some potentially very solid signings - brown, Gallagher, Jenks, Ramirez n Jet (last three tbc). Then there’s the likes of say Motherwell who have lost their 4 best players for minimal fee - Gallagher, Campbell, Cole and Kelly (loan ended). What team has notable strengthened so far? Most teams have lost more than gained so far. We’re in the gain category although we defo want more yet.

any talk of anything less than 4th is ludicrous at this stage. People acting like we’re miles behind the top6 on paper. We are most certainly not!! 

atm we still have on paper probably third, definitely at least 4th best team on paper.

Edited by ThomohawkKid
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, ThomohawkKid said:

We’re chipping away adding some potentially very solid signings - brown, Gallagher, Ramirez n Jet (last two tbc). Then there’s the likes of say Motherwell who have lost their 4 best players for minimal fee - Gallagher, Campbell, Cole and Kelly (loan ended). What team has notable strengthened so far? Most teams have lost more than gained so far. We’re in the gain category although we defo want more yet.

any talk of anything less than 4th is ludicrous at this stage. People acting like we’re miles behind the top6 on paper. We are most certainly not!! 

atm we still have on paper probably third, definitely at least 4th best team on paper.

I think Hibs at the moment are well placed because they have a settled team and can control how many of Nisbet, Porteous, Boyle and Doig they sell this summer

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, ThomohawkKid said:

We’re chipping away adding some potentially very solid signings - brown, Gallagher, Ramirez n Jet (last two tbc). Then there’s the likes of say Motherwell who have lost their 4 best players for minimal fee - Gallagher, Campbell, Cole and Kelly (loan ended). What team has notable strengthened so far? Most teams have lost more than gained so far. We’re in the gain category although we defo want more yet.

`Agreed. We May lose Ferguson but Hibs could yet lose Nisbet, Porteous, Boyle and Doig. 

Dont think anyone in Scotland has signed anyone that stands out. A left winger and a CB to partner Gallagher and we look in decent shape. Hopefully both permanent signings and under 25. 

Edited by slippers
  • Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

I think Hibs at the moment are well placed because they have a settled team and can control how many of Nisbet, Porteous, Boyle and Doig they sell this summer

Do they really have control? A decent offer, player becomes unhappy and they are off. Probably won’t replace with the same quality, or certainly not every position. Well they’d  get somebody better than Porteous easy enough tbf.

13 minutes ago, slippers said:

`Agreed. We May lose Ferguson but Hibs could yet lose Nisbet, Porteous, Boyle and Doig. 

Dont think anyone in Scotland has signed anyone that stands out. A left winger and a CB to partner Gallagher and we look in decent shape. Hopefully both permanent signings and under 25. 

Ryan Hedges can fill in any of the slots in the 4231 so it doesn't necessarily need to be a left winger I'd say. It just needs to be anyone who can play in one of the positions (yes preferably winger as we have 17,000 midfielders so often they'll be taking the attacking centre mid spot) who is of a much higher standard than our current options e.g. 33 yr old McGinn, Kennedy, McLennan etc.

9 minutes ago, ThomohawkKid said:

Do they really have control? A decent offer, player becomes unhappy and they are off. Probably won’t replace with the same quality, or certainly not every position. Well they’d  get somebody better than Porteous easy enough tbf.

They should be able to control avoiding selling all four at once. Doig could even be a sale and loan back if they can get him to a big enough club.

See number 6 and 7 are not filled in the squad. Hopefully we can get a prospect in to fill the no7. Heard very little regarding Devlin our previous no6.

2 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

Ryan Hedges can fill in any of the slots in the 4231 so it doesn't necessarily need to be a left winger I'd say. It just needs to be anyone who can play in one of the positions (yes preferably winger as we have 17,000 midfielders so often they'll be taking the attacking centre mid spot) who is of a much higher standard than our current options e.g. 33 yr old McGinn, Kennedy, McLennan etc.

If we signed McGrath and Boyle in the event we sold Ferguson then that would give us some decent options to play a number of formations. 

I think we are still a couple of key attacking players short but maybe they think they can get a better tune out of some of the players still at the club than the last management team did? 

25 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

If we signed McGrath and Boyle in the event we sold Ferguson then that would give us some decent options to play a number of formations. 

I think we are still a couple of key attacking players short but maybe they think they can get a better tune out of some of the players still at the club than the last management team did? 

Boyle will be our #7 if he isn’t tracked by the OF or teams in England i reckon. Just have to wait to see if anyone goes after him. 

48 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

They should be able to control avoiding selling all four at once. Doig could even be a sale and loan back if they can get him to a big enough club.

I think they would avoid doing it if possible but money talks. They already know Nisbet is unsettled after they turned down the Birmingham bid.

If they were to sell all four, they'd be looking at somewhere around £8million coming in. That would give them a fair bit of leverage in sourcing replacements, but they'd be losing known quantities who have done well and replacing them with players who could be hit or miss. I'd imagine that it's a stick on that Nisbet and Doig will go.......and that will bring in around £6million. You could well be correct that a big club might view loaning Doig back for the season would be a sensible thing to do in which case Hibs would really land on their feet. They could then maybe risk letting one of Porteous or Boyle leave in January.