2 hours ago, Sonoftherock said:

Happy Canada Day to our Canadian Dons!

I know how much the Canadian Dons love transfer news - so I hope today provides you with plenty of wild rumours and speculation! 

@Crashnyploshnit @super_al @BonnieDon @Scotty_Toronto @CalgaryDon 

Ha ha, very good. Well if we survive the heat in Western Canada we’ll be able to enjoy the wind ups. You forgot me by the way.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Sonoftherock said:

I know how much the Canadian Dons love transfer news - so I hope today provides you with plenty of wild rumours and speculation! 

Cheers Sonoftherock. Always love a good transfer rumour. Perhaps today is the day we announce Harry Kane.

• Upvote 2
5 hours ago, Sonoftherock said:

My loon moved across the pond for work a couple of months back.

He was playing football at night on Tuesday in 33° heat?.

Anyhoo back to rumours.

Reckon that Head of Recruitment might be most crucial signing this summer January, 2022 transfer window thread may be more interesting as a consequence ?. Hearing ex Tim Tommy Johnson is right in the frame for the role. However don't think he has any Atlanta connections though......

5 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

Griffiths is also a free agent today. I think that ship has sailed though.

Sailed, hit an iceberg and sunk.

Think I read that Popcorn Teeth said during lockdown(s) whilst other Tim players were solo training to maintain fitness the Thumb wasn't. Thick as fuck I reckon and his career will slide rapidly from here on in .....

11 minutes ago, Woody21 said:

Sailed, hit an iceberg and sunk.

Think I read that Popcorn Teeth said during lockdown(s) whilst other Tim players were solo training to maintain fitness the Thumb wasn't. Thick as fuck I reckon and his career will slide rapidly from here on in .....

Lennon trying to deflect all blame off himself, something he's a fucking master at. Nothing is ever his fault. 

I suggested a few days ago that we should be trying for Jamie McCart to fill the left centre back area. I see Hibs have had a bid of just under 200k rejected for him but its expected they will come back with a higher offer.

Obviously I don't think we will be competing with them now since after I made my suggestion its become clear we are not looking to take in a centre back anymore which seems really strange considering we were making such an effort to get Clark Robertson.  

1 hour ago, SupportmeansSUPPORT said:

I suggested a few days ago that we should be trying for Jamie McCart to fill the left centre back area. I see Hibs have had a bid of just under 200k rejected for him but its expected they will come back with a higher offer.

Obviously I don't think we will be competing with them now since after I made my suggestion its become clear we are not looking to take in a centre back anymore which seems really strange considering we were making such an effort to get Clark Robertson.  

I thought he would be a good target too actually. Any of the St Johnstone back three would be, although my only concern is whether they are only good as a unit, or if they would still be as effective playing in a back 4 alongside other players. 

Glass obviously sees Gallagher and Considine as his first choice partnership, but there's no cover at all really other than McCrorie. Not sure if Devlin has signed his extension yet but he'll be constantly injured anyway. Maybe we'll bring in a loanee that can cover 2 or 3 positions across the backline, and make a move for someone in the winter window.

56 minutes ago, Don_Corleone said:

I thought he would be a good target too actually. Any of the St Johnstone back three would be, although my only concern is whether they are only good as a unit, or if they would still be as effective playing in a back 4 alongside other players. 

Glass obviously sees Gallagher and Considine as his first choice partnership, but there's no cover at all really other than McCrorie. Not sure if Devlin has signed his extension yet but he'll be constantly injured anyway. Maybe we'll bring in a loanee that can cover 2 or 3 positions across the backline, and make a move for someone in the winter window.

A Gallagher/Considine central defensive partnership gives me the fear.

1 hour ago, starryfish said:

A Gallagher/Considine central defensive partnership gives me the fear.

Gallagher has looked ace in a team that js all out defence. I've got the fear that we find out in the first two-three games that he is no better than Considine in an attacking team.

I have some new information…..mainstandmoan has stopped posting on Aberdeen mad because my good self has decided to come over to this dildo infested site. Nothing to do with the fact that mainstandmoan has retired from the pressure cooker of giving out inside information and decided to explore other opportunities. 
It’s back to the old days of just waiting and seeing what the club actually do. 
I would like to think we will have another 2 players joining us in the next few weeks.

• Downvote 1
  • Dildo 3
51 minutes ago, RED_JOHN said:

I have some new information…..mainstandmoan has stopped posting on Aberdeen mad because my good self has decided to come over to this dildo infested site. Nothing to do with the fact that mainstandmoan has retired from the pressure cooker of giving out inside information and decided to explore other opportunities. 
It’s back to the old days of just waiting and seeing what the club actually do. 
I would like to think we will have another 2 players joining us in the next few weeks.

I would like to think that Messi will be joining us, but that ain't happening.

Reckon the only way there will be any significant signings in next few weeks is if Ferguson is sold, which, to be fair, could still happen this window.