Jump to content

Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

They more or less told us in one of these youtube updates that we would be using Atlanta loans. I've got no problem with it if it's as a fourth striker or fifth winger. I can only see the benefits.

Aye - what are they exactly?

Share this post


Link to post

I'm not sure anyone benefits out of it. 

Hard to see the benefit to Aberdeen, Atlanta, our young players or their b squad players? 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, NEM said:

Aye - what are they exactly?

If we've got 25 players in the squad and 2 are earning £0 then that means we can afford to pay more to the other 23 players. 

The 24th and 25th players in a squad are unlikely to play anyway.

Also allows us to loan out the players who would have filled those spots.

Strengthens the links between the clubs.

What exactly are the down sides? Minutes our players are missing out? I'm not seeing that so far.

 

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

If we've got 25 players in the squad and 2 are earning £0 then that means we can afford to pay more to the other 23 players. 

The 24th and 25th players in a squad are unlikely to play anyway.

Also allows us to loan out the players who would have filled those spots.

Strengthens the links between the clubs.

What exactly are the down sides? Minutes our players are missing out? I'm not seeing that so far.

 

I'm just not convinced we need a squad of 25 senior players in the first place 

Share this post


Link to post
16 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

If we've got 25 players in the squad and 2 are earning £0 then that means we can afford to pay more to the other 23 players. 

The 24th and 25th players in a squad are unlikely to play anyway.

Also allows us to loan out the players who would have filled those spots.

Strengthens the links between the clubs.

What exactly are the down sides? Minutes our players are missing out? I'm not seeing that so far.

 

Jon Gallagher 

 

 

  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
43 minutes ago, NEM said:

Jon Gallagher 

 

 

He was a slightly different story as he was like Bobby Clarks son therefore Dave Cormack's little brother

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Tord31 said:

If we've got 25 players in the squad and 2 are earning £0 then that means we can afford to pay more to the other 23 players. 

The 24th and 25th players in a squad are unlikely to play anyway.

Also allows us to loan out the players who would have filled those spots.

Strengthens the links between the clubs.

What exactly are the down sides? Minutes our players are missing out? I'm not seeing that so far.

 

Why bother having them then?

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, DD1903 said:

Why bother having them then?

Why so mad about whether our fourth pick striker is some atlanta reject?

It's really not worth getting excited about.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Tord31 said:

If we've got 25 players in the squad and 2 are earning £0 then that means we can afford to pay more to the other 23 players. 

The 24th and 25th players in a squad are unlikely to play anyway.

Also allows us to loan out the players who would have filled those spots.

Strengthens the links between the clubs.

What exactly are the down sides? Minutes our players are missing out? I'm not seeing that so far.

 

But why would Atlanta sign up to that?

There's no way they'd rather one of their players gets no game time over here rather than with them. There must be an expectation that their players will get to play if they come over here.

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Andy_123 said:

But why would Atlanta sign up to that?

There's no way they'd rather one of their players gets no game time over here rather than with them. There must be an expectation that their players will get to play if they come over here.

If the player is useless you would think they'd be happy to help out. Jokes.

Let's see what business happens this season before going over the pros and cons. Cormack wants it to happen so I presume we'll at the very least swap 1 player each way

Share this post


Link to post

I know that tonight’s q&a will be heavily choreographed and revolve around Ramirez but you would have hoped that at least one question asking if we are expecting any further additions will get through the vetting process.  

Share this post


Link to post
49 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

Why so mad about whether our fourth pick striker is some atlanta reject?

It's really not worth getting excited about.

Mad? Just asking why bother having 2 players that - according to you - aren't going to play? 
 

better have a squad of players who are capable of stepping up when needed. IMHO 

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Kiriakov33 said:

I know that tonight’s q&a will be heavily choreographed and revolve around Ramirez but you would have hoped that at least one question asking if we are expecting any further additions will get through the vetting process.  

What time is it on YouTube tonight?  7pm?

Is Cormack going to be there or is it just Glass and Gunn? 

I can't warm to Gunn*

 

 

*(love the Beatles) 

Edited by aberdeen1970

Share this post


Link to post
11 minutes ago, Kiriakov33 said:

I know that tonight’s q&a will be heavily choreographed and revolve around Ramirez but you would have hoped that at least one question asking if we are expecting any further additions will get through the vetting process.  

I can give you the answer to that question (if it's asked) in advance of tonight's Q&A - it will be something vague like - "Of course, if there are quality players available who we are able to sign and will improve our squad / roster for the coming season, we will do everything we can to get them in."

Doubt we'll get anything much out of the Q&A regarding signings. I'd prefer him to be asked about things like "how do the signings you've made fit into the plans you outlined previously regarding the style of play you want to adopt?" or "What's the thinking behind signing 4 players over the age of 30?" or "why on earth have you offered Devlin a new contract?" or "has there been any more interest in Lewis Ferguson or has he changed his mind about wanting to leave?"

I suspect none of these things will get asked and like you say it'll be all about Ramirez.

Share this post


Link to post
16 minutes ago, Kiriakov33 said:

I know that tonight’s q&a will be heavily choreographed and revolve around Ramirez but you would have hoped that at least one question asking if we are expecting any further additions will get through the vetting process.  

“Gunner is working hard behind the scenes”, “signing players is not as easy as you think”, “we’re looking to strengthen & hope one or two things fall our way”, “we’ll only sign the right players and if we don’t I’m happy with the work we’ve done”, “the Board have given me great backing”….

Set up the Bingo card now… 

Might get a bit of an update on the Head of Recruitment too I’d think. 

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

“Gunner is working hard behind the scenes”, “signing players is not as easy as you think”, “we’re looking to strengthen & hope one or two things fall our way”, “we’ll only sign the right players and if we don’t I’m happy with the work we’ve done”, “the Board have given me great backing”….

Set up the Bingo card now… 

Might get a bit of an update on the Head of Recruitment too I’d think. 

He said we are basically done at the Q&A clip on Twitter. So can’t imagine much more arriving. Maybe a #7?

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, slippers said:

He said we are basically done at the Q&A clip on Twitter. So can’t imagine much more arriving. Maybe a #7?

So only two centre forwards? Surely not?

”close to being finished” was his quote.

Suggests one, maybe two more max?

Emphasised we have young players pushing… not up front or out wide though?

 

 

Edited by WesthillWanderersFC

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

“Gunner is working hard behind the scenes”, “signing players is not as easy as you think”, “we’re looking to strengthen & hope one or two things fall our way”, “we’ll only sign the right players and if we don’t I’m happy with the work we’ve done”, “the Board have given me great backing”….

Set up the Bingo card now… 

Might get a bit of an update on the Head of Recruitment too I’d think. 

Haha he might not use the exact language of good old del. He love the 'one or two things fall our way' chat

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Tord31 said:

If we've got 25 players in the squad and 2 are earning £0 then that means we can afford to pay more to the other 23 players. 

The 24th and 25th players in a squad are unlikely to play anyway.

Also allows us to loan out the players who would have filled those spots.

Strengthens the links between the clubs.

What exactly are the down sides? Minutes our players are missing out? I'm not seeing that so far.

 

They might be earning £0 but the chances are you could pick up a couple of players out at Sheddocksley that would be every bit as good. 

The only benefit I can see is that it creates roster space for Atlanta to bring in better players whilst we get landed with training/ medical/living expenses for a couple of duds that would only get played in utter emergency. 

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

They might be earning £0 but the chances are you could pick up a couple of players out at Sheddocksley that would be every bit as good. 

The only benefit I can see is that it creates roster space for Atlanta to bring in better players whilst we get landed with training/ medical/living expenses for a couple of duds that would only get played in utter emergency. 

Exactly 

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)

Apparently Glass states that the squad is close to being complete. There are also young players at the club who they hope to bring on.

Brace yourselves.

Edited by super_al

Share this post


Link to post
On 6/27/2021 at 8:28 PM, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

With Jenks coming in I don't think so

7 minutes ago, super_al said:

Apparently Glass states that the squad is close to being complete. There are also young players at the club who they hope to bring on.

Brace yourselves.

I thought this Q&A was a live event? Looks like it’s already been recorded 

 

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, super_al said:

Apparently Glass states that the squad is close to being complete. There are also young players at the club who they hope to bring on.

Brace yourselves.

Aye this 😂😂 didn’t notice it 

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, ThomohawkKid said:

He said in the preview for later that business is almost done 🙈

I'm sure that would change if we get the money we want for Ferguson. Signing a couple of spl players for fees is a no brainer when we sell Ferguson.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
17 minutes ago, ThomohawkKid said:

He said in the preview for later that business is almost done 🙈

The squad needs at least two more, probably three. I hope that is what he means by almost done. 

Share this post


Link to post

Hope so. With a bit of ambition could coup some real prospects at a good price given COVID n clubs needing ££

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)

In a week where the boy leitch hinted at getting crowds back in August and the club pushing season ticket sales, a q&a with  glass and Gunn telling fans that the squad is almost complete, may not be the best PR move.   Totally get the reason why these things happen but timing of this one is a bit weird. 

Edited by Kiriakov33

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Kiriakov33 said:

In a week where the boy leitch hinted at getting crowds back in August and the club pushing season ticket sales, a q&a with  glass and Gunn telling fans that the squad is almost complete, may not be the best PR move.   Totally get the reason why these things happen but timing of this one is a bit weird. 

I canna wait to get back into Pittodrie.

I’ll be disappointed if I don’t get to watch the BK Hacken game live.

COME ON YOU REDS!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
23 hours ago, shooftahmooftah said:

You have all been had, there will be no more surprise super signings.   

Surprise Surprise.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by shooftahmooftah

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...