1 hour ago, Tord31 said:

Jokes aside it would be great if Glass could revitalise one or two of the players that the support have got noted down as complete write offs. Like a new signing etc. Ojo, McGeouch, Kennedy, McLennan, Virtanen and McGinn the candidates.

Joe Lewis, McCrorie and Hayes are not far behind in the must do better catagory.

We'll not even mention Devlin

Not really fair to bundle Virtanen or McGinn into that list, one has only played like 30 minutes of football for us and was breaking through,  and the other is on the wrong side of 30 and has been an absolute hero for us over the years. I'd be more inclined to include Campbell on that list, he went down the pecking order once Glass came in, with Mcgeough starting. 

The three "not far behind" are possibly the three most disappointing players of last season, particularly the latter half. Hayes and McRorrie both started their seasons well with us and faded badly. 

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, StandFree1982 said:

Not really fair to bundle Virtanen or McGinn into that list, one has only played like 30 minutes of football for us and was breaking through,  and the other is on the wrong side of 30 and has been an absolute hero for us over the years. I'd be more inclined to include Campbell on that list, he went down the pecking order once Glass came in, with Mcgeough starting. 

The three "not far behind" are possibly the three most disappointing players of last season, particularly the latter half. Hayes and McRorrie both started their seasons well with us and faded badly. 

Virtanen is 22 going on 23 so not quite a youngster anymore. He's older than Jenks, Ferguson and Campbell.

McGinn's goals and assists were poor last season. 2 goals and 2 assists pales in comparison to all his previous seasons. 

1 hour ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

If he hasn’t signed it yet, he should be told to GTF.

Does he think he’ll get a better offer after sitting on his arse for 2 & a half years?

Get rid & get someone else in. 

Definitely - especially when Glass is saying we only want players who want to be here and if players were asking for two or three weeks to decide we moved on from them.

49 minutes ago, Don_Corleone said:

Definitely - especially when Glass is saying we only want players who want to be here and if players were asking for two or three weeks to decide we moved on from them.

Could the offer be on the table if and only if he proves his fitness.

might explain why it’s not signed yet

6 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

Could the offer be on the table if and only if he proves his fitness.

might explain why it’s not signed yet

If that’s the case & it’s taking this long then he should also be told….. see ya.

Glass is building a team of misfits & has beens. Him & Cormack are playing some kind of fantasy football movie role with the club.

Turning Aberdeen into the new Gretna.

• Dildo 5
17 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Glass is building a team of misfits & has beens. Him & Cormack are playing some kind of fantasy football movie role with the club.

Turning Aberdeen into the new Gretna.

Bit tough and FFS, referring us to Gretna is utter Bollox.

we all knew there would be some uncertainty when replacing McInnes, but the time was right and we need to give it an opportunity

29 minutes ago, ThomohawkKid said:

Btw, you can’t rule it out.

Start of last season I thought we’d shipped out Wright and Hedges as one looked crocked and the other had minimal impact the season before… and we’ll they both had very good seasons. Hopefully ojo does a hedges.

just to be clear am not saying it will happen, just saying it could happen. 

17 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Ojo & McGeouch have both proven to be players that need a shit load of time/patience run in team before they earn any kind of plus ratings but their negative ratings are far more prevalent given the time they have had.

They will both have to be seriously improved very early on before they are fully accepted. New manager will get time but they will not imo. 

We have a surplus of midfielders. For both/either of them to get the amount of games needed for them to hit ‘form’ will be very surprising. 

I get the sentiment re the improvement in Hedges and Wright but I think they both showed in flashes what they were capable of and just needed a run in the team to show what they could produce. 

I don't think Ojo is a bad player as such but he isn't quick thinking enough or particularly suited to a more frenetic style (if that's what we are to implement). He's slow, indecisive, takes two or three touches before he makes a pass and more often than not goes for a risk averse option. He plays the Ryan Jack role but not even a tenth as well. 

15 minutes ago, Sheeptastic said:

I don't think Ojo is a bad player as such but he isn't quick thinking enough or particularly suited to a more frenetic style (if that's what we are to implement). He's slow, indecisive, takes two or three touches before he makes a pass and more often than not goes for a risk averse option. He plays the Ryan Jack role but not even a tenth as well. 

I wouldn’t want to see a bad player then

55 minutes ago, ThomohawkKid said:

Btw, you can’t rule it out.

Start of last season I thought we’d shipped out Wright and Hedges as one looked crocked and the other had minimal impact the season before… and we’ll they both had very good seasons. Hopefully ojo does a hedges.

just to be clear am not saying it will happen, just saying it could happen. 

Let’s be honest, he is 100% going to be shite but we might as well go hearts fan logic and just convince ourselves otherwise 

• Haha 1
11 hours ago, Ernie McCracken said:

Ojo could play the first few games and look like Zidane, but it is inevitable that he will shortly thereafter revert to Greg Tansey

I just don't see where Ojo could possibly fit into the team... if we play one sitting midfielder it will be Brown. If we play 2 then surely Ferguson, McCrorie, McGeouch and possibly Campbell are all ahead of Ojo in the pecking order. He surely can't play in a more advance midfield role as I've never seen him pass the ball forward, and you'd expect the likes of Ferguson, Jenks, McGinn, Hedges would be preferred there anyway.

1 hour ago, Don_Corleone said:

if we play one sitting midfielder it will be Brown. If we play 2 then surely Ferguson, McCrorie, McGeouch and possibly Campbell are all ahead of Ojo in the pecking order.

Are we sure that Brown is going to last 90 mins week in week out? Are we sure that Ferguson is going to be here at the start of season? Will McCrorie have to fit in somewhere in defence. Other then that agree your sentiments. I’d bin him.

31 minutes ago, Sydney_Red said:

Are we sure that Brown is going to last 90 mins week in week out? Are we sure that Ferguson is going to be here at the start of season? Will McCrorie have to fit in somewhere in defence. Other then that agree your sentiments. I’d bin him.

We could sell every midfielder ahead of Ojo in the pecking order and I still wouldn’t play the useless cunt. Si the seagull a better option 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Tord31 said:

Callum Hendry getting a few mentions again? It wouldn't be the worst third striker but would still rather we got someone completely new in aiming for more upside 

We’d be better taking in a 3rd choice young striker as a “project” for Allan Russell to work with.

Hendry isn’t good enough and we certainly shouldn’t be paying for him. 

If Hendry signs you've got to say it's been a really, really, really average transfer window. 

I look up and down our squad list for the moment and it doesn't give me faith that we'll finish anywhere but 4th or 5th and potentially a semi final. 

It worries me that JET is being paraded as a sort of marquee signing, he's all over the clubs social media. 

With the guys we've brought in we've upped the average age quite a bit, especially with getting rid of Anderson and Ross leaving. 

Hopefully my worries are proved wrong but the squad really doesn't look all that great, when you consider the excitement around Cormacks interview just after Glass' appointment. 

Another centre half and a striker are an absolute and utter must. Especially a centre half, ideally one who'll start. McCart at St J appears to be available for around 300-350K. He'd be a decent signing. 

I heard murmurings yesterday re Hendry. If I wasn’t already dejected about AFC right now, I’ll be damn near on the edge of chucking it if this Cnut signs, despite having shelled out for 2 season tickets.

Nowhere fucking near good enough. Why the fuck would we not source some young player on loan for this season, until we find out if Ruth can cut it?

• Upvote 1
53 minutes ago, NEM said:

We could sell every midfielder ahead of Ojo in the pecking order and I still wouldn’t play the useless cunt. Si the seagull a better option 

Poor SI, Dolly and Angus. All been Furloughed for well over a year. The extent of their experience is wandering around a football stadium, waving at, and getting photos with the kids.  The best they'd get is a one year contract at Celtic. 

I was a bit disappointed to hear Glass saying if we lined all the signings up you'd be delighted. But then again, what else is he going to say about players he's signed.

Brown, Gallagher, JET and Woods are good SPFL players but aren't going to take us up a level. Gurr, Jenks and Ramirez - who knows how good they'll be. I suspect they won't stand out as being significantly better than players we've had in recent times either.

I'm hoping we'll see a couple more loans from down south nearer the end of the window, or we've left a couple spaces for the new head of recruitment to fill when he gets appointed.

1 hour ago, Roberto said:

I wouldn't pay a wage as Aberdeen FC for Hendry.

I do not believe he is good enough for the club. A couple goals doesn't change that fact for me.

Hendry gets a tough time but was so instrumental in us scoring at the end of last season.

Certainly something that Russell could work with to improve.

• Upvote 1
  • Dildo 1

Hendry is about 4th choice striker for St Johnstone. I see the sense in picking up the best players from teams like that - ie Kerr, McCart, McCann - but not a guy who can't get near their team. Surely there must be someone in the lower leagues who is young and scores lots of goals that we could take a punt on for a couple of seasons if it's a third choice striker we reckon we're going for.

• Upvote 1
47 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

I heard murmurings yesterday re Hendry. If I wasn’t already dejected about AFC right now, I’ll be damn near on the edge of chucking it if this Cnut signs, despite having shelled out for 2 season tickets.

Nowhere fucking near good enough. Why the fuck would we not source some young player on loan for this season, until we find out if Ruth can cut it?

Why the rush to sign St Johnstone’s 4th choice striker last season?

I’d rather wait & see if the incoming Head of Recruitment can come up with a couple of signings if our management are out of ideas (which sounds like they are if they’re going back for Hendry). 

• Upvote 2