50 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

Hendry gets a tough time but was so instrumental in us scoring at the end of last season.

Certainly something that Russell could work with to improve.

I wouldn’t be against him coming in, my point is he’s under contract at St’s hence we would then be due a fee for his contract! As I say I wouldn’t pay a fee

1 hour ago, Andy_123 said:

Brown, Gallagher, JET and Woods are good SPFL players but aren't going to take us up a level.

Up a level to where exactly? What are your expectations this season?

Brown and Gallagher certainly have the potential to make us better. If you were hoping to sack McInnes and win the league you are going to be a bit disappointed next season however.

All I really want from Aberdeen next season is to be less boring and show signs we are heading in the right direction

• Upvote 3
56 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Brown and Gallagher certainly have the potential to make us better. If you were hoping to sack McInnes and win the league you are going to be a bit disappointed next season however.

All I really want from Aberdeen next season is to be less boring and show signs we are heading in the right direction

Gallagher and especially Brown getting a bit of a hard time imo. Gallagher is a better CB than we had last season so absolute no problem and it goes down as a good signing. Brown on paper is a quality signing and people that say otherwise I’m not overlay sure what they expect. He is more than good enough to start and be a top performer against 9 teams in our league. He was poor in a few OF games last season but the whole team he was playing in was horrific. I still think he will prove to be a quality signing. 

• Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, slippers said:

Gallagher and especially Brown getting a bit of a hard time imo. Gallagher is a better CB than we had last season so absolute no problem and it goes down as a good signing. Brown on paper is a quality signing and people that say otherwise I’m not overlay sure what they expect. He is more than good enough to start and be a top performer against 9 teams in our league. He was poor in a few OF games last season but the whole team he was playing in was horrific. I still think he will prove to be a quality signing. 

Not convinced that Gallagher will be any better than Taylor for us, all about opinions I guess.

• Dildo 1
3 hours ago, Zeus said:

Hendry is fine as another option to Ramirez and JET. Nae issue at all from me. 

Assuming that means you have already decided that they are both a lot better than Hendry?

Im not even convinced of that yet. Hendry could probably have scored as many goals in MLS as Ramirez given the time. Dare say if he was also American that he could also have snuck in a couple of caps for them as well. & that doesn’t mean I rate Hendry 

• Downvote 3
3 hours ago, RED_JOHN said:

I think a good £500k plus Kennedy would be a decent enough deal for Callum Hendry. A season under the tutelage of Russell could pay dividends for us. 

Coming on an Aberdeen football forum to get attention is so weird. Get a life you cunt. 

• Upvote 1
5 hours ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

If Hendry signs you've got to say it's been a really, really, really average transfer window. 

I look up and down our squad list for the moment and it doesn't give me faith that we'll finish anywhere but 4th or 5th and potentially a semi final. 

It worries me that JET is being paraded as a sort of marquee signing, he's all over the clubs social media. 

With the guys we've brought in we've upped the average age quite a bit, especially with getting rid of Anderson and Ross leaving. 

Hopefully my worries are proved wrong but the squad really doesn't look all that great, when you consider the excitement around Cormacks interview just after Glass' appointment. 

Another centre half and a striker are an absolute and utter must. Especially a centre half, ideally one who'll start. McCart at St J appears to be available for around 300-350K. He'd be a decent signing. 

I don't think Thomas is being paraded as a marquee signings, he just seems to be very active on social media so it would make sense for the club to latch onto that and use him fir more exposure. Clubs thrive on clicks nowadays. Look at the hard on Man Utd get when reporting there social media growth at AGMs like its a badge of honour. Only thing they're winning at lately I suppose.

Don't get why people get so wound up about average squad age. I couldn't give a fuck if the average age was 35 if it meant we were winning Week on week.

1 hour ago, DelMonte said:

Coming on an Aberdeen football forum to get attention is so weird. Get a life you cunt. 

Getting a reaction from a halfwit like yourself is better. 
Joking aside I am sure Hendry will be coming to Aberdeen as the third striker. Allan Russell wants to continue working with him as they got on great together. Not like me and you which is a bit of a shame as I reckon I could improve you in just a matter of days.

• Downvote 1
  • Dildo 1
9 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

Glass has categorically ruled out Hendry.... which reading between the lines might suggest he's well down the line with his striker target as it would be pretty stupid to say anything if we end up going in for Hendry later on 

St.Johnstone must be playing hardball in regards to taking Kennedy and wanting too much of a fee. 
It will make it more interesting to see who the third striker is.

• Downvote 1
5 hours ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Winning cups and making inroads in the European competitions is what we’ve been told are the clubs aims since Cormack came in, so I’d assume that’s the clubs aim for this season.

I’m not sure our marquee signings - a 37 year old Brown, JET who’s been a lower league journeyman most of his career, and Ramirez who looks to have been on the decline the last few seasons goals wise - are gonna get us there.

17 minutes ago, RED_JOHN said:

St.Johnstone must be playing hardball in regards to taking Kennedy and wanting too much of a fee. 
It will make it more interesting to see who the third striker is.

He said there had been no talks and its rubbish

6 hours ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Totally agree

a decent realistic post ???? 

1 hour ago, Redtaz2 said:

Now that was funny ??

more of these type of posts “ you can do it “ 

I am sadly for you going to reduce  your negative  standing 

I like the red colouring of the negative dildo points accumulator. Who wants to be green in that? Give me red any day of the week.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
  • Dildo 2
12 hours ago, Andy_123 said:

Winning cups and making inroads in the European competitions is what we’ve been told are the clubs aims since Cormack came in, so I’d assume that’s the clubs aim for this season.

I’m not sure our marquee signings - a 37 year old Brown, JET who’s been a lower league journeyman most of his career, and Ramirez who looks to have been on the decline the last few seasons goals wise - are gonna get us there.

So what did you expect? Getting Kenny McLean back and maybe Adam Armstrong from Blackburn or along those lines? Do you really think after 2 decades of barely investing, we are going to splash huge money after having a combined 300 fans in the stadium in the last 16 months? 

Have a look at other teams in the country. Winning a trophy and making progress in Europe can very much still be the aim. But we aren't gonna be making huge signings. Current Scotland international and former Scotland captain isn't a terrible start

12 hours ago, Andy_123 said:

Deary me

29 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

So what did you expect? Getting Kenny McLean back and maybe Adam Armstrong from Blackburn or along those lines? Do you really think after 2 decades of barely investing, we are going to splash huge money after having a combined 300 fans in the stadium in the last 16 months? 

Have a look at other teams in the country. Winning a trophy and making progress in Europe can very much still be the aim. But we aren't gonna be making huge signings. Current Scotland international and former Scotland captain isn't a terrible start

Exactly. It's even been one full transfer window yet. Everything that cormack promised isn't going to happen overnight. It'll take time.

glass has clearly brought in an experienced spine for the team - it's what we've needed for years.