32 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

So what did you expect? Getting Kenny McLean back and maybe Adam Armstrong from Blackburn or along those lines? Do you really think after 2 decades of barely investing, we are going to splash huge money after having a combined 300 fans in the stadium in the last 16 months? 

Have a look at other teams in the country. Winning a trophy and making progress in Europe can very much still be the aim. But we aren't gonna be making huge signings. Current Scotland international and former Scotland captain isn't a terrible start

Once/if the value of squad value is a lot more than it currently is I can see is breaking our transfer record for buying players. Just need to get the recruitment right in future. Think we have a solid base we just need to add a few players in right age group over next -2 months and hope they become real assets. 

13 hours ago, Andy_123 said:

Winning cups and making inroads in the European competitions is what we’ve been told are the clubs aims since Cormack came in, so I’d assume that’s the clubs aim for this season.

I’m not sure our marquee signings - a 37 year old Brown, JET who’s been a lower league journeyman most of his career, and Ramirez who looks to have been on the decline the last few seasons goals wise - are gonna get us there.

He's fairly aged since we signed him!

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, DD1903 said:

Deary me

Exactly. It's even been one full transfer window yet. Everything that cormack promised isn't going to happen overnight. It'll take time.

glass has clearly brought in an experienced spine for the team - it's what we've needed for years. 

Saying we have an experienced spine is one thing, but a lot of these signings just strike me as more stop-gap more than a foundation to form the rest of the team around. Lewis, Brown and Consi aren't going to be around much longer, Gallagher and Ramirez are the wrong side of 30, Ferguson likely offski at some point. In a year or two we're going to need a whole new spine again.

54 minutes ago, davieb said:

He's fairly aged since we signed him!

Sorry, 36. Much younger. 

31 minutes ago, Andy_123 said:

Saying we have an experienced spine is one thing, but a lot of these signings just strike me as more stop-gap more than a foundation to form the rest of the team around. Lewis, Brown and Consi aren't going to be around much longer, Gallagher and Ramirez are the wrong side of 30, Ferguson likely offski at some point. In a year or two we're going to need a whole new spine again.

Sorry, 36. Much younger. 

Ok, so in half a transfer window you expected Glass to sign up a new spine of the team involving players who would be here for 5 or 6 years. Not just that but they would hit the ground running and we will win a trophy and / or qualify for group stages immediately? 

47 minutes ago, Andy_123 said:

Sorry, 36. Much younger. 

yes, a whole season younger

1 hour ago, Andy_123 said:

Sorry, 36. Much younger. 

Well considine isn't glass' signing. He's also pish. I wouldn't want him being used as someone imparting his knowledge to a younger player - been making the same mistakes for years. 

But anyway, they're hardly stop gaps. 30 isn't that old in footballing terms now. Plenty of players still playing well into their mid/late 30s now. 

Glass has had a couple of months to come in and sign players.he inherited a squad from which a lot of players were leaving, as well as one that was incredibly imbalanced.  

It'll take time to actually build, which is when he'll add some 'younger, experienced' players.  

1 hour ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Ok, so in half a transfer window you expected Glass to sign up a new spine of the team involving players who would be here for 5 or 6 years. Not just that but they would hit the ground running and we will win a trophy and / or qualify for group stages immediately? 

What he said 

I hadn’t realised this forum has an abundance of precious souls getting worked up by a few posts on the internet. 
I joined here because I thought a new poster would give the place a lift. One thing is for certain….I have upped the usage of the dildo and arrow counter as it’s going to blow a gasket at this rate. 
There is a good few posters on here who take things the way they are meant to be, the others are probably overly medicated and living life in a darkened room frightened of mixing. 
It’s a good time to have shares in pharmaceuticals.

• Downvote 2
  • Dildo 1
8 minutes ago, RED_JOHN said:

I hadn’t realised this forum has an abundance of precious souls getting worked up by a few posts on the internet. 
I joined here because I thought a new poster would give the place a lift. One thing is for certain….I have upped the usage of the dildo and arrow counter as it’s going to blow a gasket at this rate. 
There is a good few posters on here who take things the way they are meant to be, the others are probably overly medicated and living life in a darkened room frightened of mixing. 
It’s a good time to have shares in pharmaceuticals.

Dont flatter yourself. Your dildo count is pathetic compared to Rocket's. 

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 3
1 hour ago, dazzy_deff said:

Dont flatter yourself. Your dildo count is pathetic compared to Rocket's. 

I haven’t seen much in the way of Rocket’s posts. Probably another fellow poster who upsets the dildo squad regularly….not that it takes much effort to achieve this. 

• Downvote 1
  • Dildo 1
42 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Devlin must be out the door, zero sign of him in training since the return. Just strange that the club have never announced his departure.

Can only assume a deal was offered but couldn’t be agreed. All the more reason for getting at least one more central defender in the door.

Definitely need another CB if Devlin has indeed left.  I thought it was announced that he'd signed back on?

With Gallagher not ready, that leaves Consi as our only CB!  Not convinced McCrorie is a CB!