Jump to content

Recommended Posts

25 minutes ago, North_Andy_Dandy said:

It all could change once this new chief scout gets announced he may have some players on a shortlist we could target straight away. 

One thing is for certain…Cormack hasn’t exactly financially backed Glass as such so far. We have signed up some new players but certainly not enough so far. We are certainly spending less than what I hoped for but he still (Cormack) has time to prove me wrong.

Share this post


Link to post

I think the plan has been to sign established players in the short term to get us through the Euro ties and allow us time to source the head of recruitment. Once that position is filled I suspect we will see signings more akin to what we expect. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
13 minutes ago, RED_JOHN said:

One thing is for certain…Cormack hasn’t exactly financially backed Glass as such so far. We have signed up some new players but certainly not enough so far. We are certainly spending less than what I hoped for but he still (Cormack) has time to prove me wrong.

I’d say he has been backed to a degree but not as fully as we were all hoping for. I can only assume that Cormack is hoping to see fans back in the ground and money coming into the club before he starts opening his wallet again. Hopefully this and if we can get into the group stages in Europe will see some money spent on quality players but that would be nearer the end of the window.

Share this post


Link to post

I really hope Cormack does back Glass better and genuinely makes us a real threat to the league title never mind the cups. His statement about winning will need to be backed financially. Don’t hold back Dave….all the money spent on training facilities etc will mean nothing if the goods on the pitch aren’t strong enough to be serious contenders. 

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Nah.

He needs to be playing regular football to progress. 

Best to loan him out & bring in a 3rd striker IMO. 

The 3rd striker should be a loan then as if not when Ruth comes back from his loan he would be 4th choice further down the pecking order 

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, super_al said:

I think the plan has been to sign established players in the short term to get us through the Euro ties and allow us time to source the head of recruitment. Once that position is filled I suspect we will see signings more akin to what we expect. 

Bit risky if that is what we are doing to sign only one centre half when you have released  two and (as far as we know) retained one who is always injured on a 6 month contract. And having never replaced McKenna from almost a year ago. Hacken are no mugs.

Share this post


Link to post

I think we need a striker,  a winger and 2 CDs. 

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, North_Andy_Dandy said:

get into the group stages in Europe will see some money spent on quality players but that would be nearer the end of the window.

So no money being spent on players then

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
52 minutes ago, Redmist1903 said:

So no money being spent on players then

Very Celtic esk mentality which has served them well this past 3-4 seasons in CL qualification...

 

where as rangers speculated and it’s unfortunately massively paid off! 

Share this post


Link to post

I think Dave Cormack has realised he won’t sell the season tickets he wants because the Aberdeen apathy is hard to remove.

The only way is through big investment in the team and having a squad that genuinely looks like they will win things. 
There is only a certain amount of sympathy fans they can take advantage of….the rest of us want an exciting team that looks like it means business before we decide to purchase a season ticket.

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, slippers said:

Very Celtic esk mentality which has served them well this past 3-4 seasons in CL qualification...

 

where as rangers speculated and it’s unfortunately massively paid off! 

Aye but Rangers can speculate and if they fail they just go bust and start again. Few years touring the lower leagues then come up, speculate, win the league again all while the Dons do fuck all

Share this post


Link to post

The current squad is similar to a builder that makes the statement that he will build the best house in the street….he purchases quality tools and equipment to do the job but doesn’t buy the materials to make it a reality. 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, RED_JOHN said:

The current squad is similar to a builder that makes the statement that he will build the best house in the street….he purchases quality tools and equipment to do the job but doesn’t buy the materials to make it a reality. 

Yawn 🥱 

Share this post


Link to post
Guest

100% need another striker, a winger and a centre half. 
 

Probs end up getting 2 out of 3.

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

100% need another striker, a winger and a centre half. 
 

Probs end up getting 2 out of 3.

We should have plenty capacity to get these in even if they have to loans subsidised by parent clubs.

Even if we've bust or almost bust the budget we should manage to raise something by loaning out a few players before too long. Even with 9 subs we have too many central midfielders for the bench. If Mackenzie plays a lot at left back (e.g. Hayes doesn't play 50% or more) then we have a lot of wingers too with Kennedy, McLennan, Hedges, McGinn and Hayes plus JET will pick up some minutes in midfield like Glass used Kamberi in three of the games.

So I'd say, presuming we keep Ferguson that probably two of Campbell, McGeouch, Ojo and Virtanen can move out, and one of Kennedy and McLennan.

That's before including youngsters like Ethan Ross, Ruth (Falkrik bid obviously), Barron etc.

So we should have plenty capacity to bring in another 4 in the next 8 weeks.

Share this post


Link to post
Guest
2 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

We should have plenty capacity to get these in even if they have to loans subsidised by parent clubs.

 

Hopefully, Tord!

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

We should have plenty capacity to get these in even if they have to loans subsidised by parent clubs.

Even if we've bust or almost bust the budget we should manage to raise something by loaning out a few players before too long. Even with 9 subs we have too many central midfielders for the bench. If Mackenzie plays a lot at left back (e.g. Hayes doesn't play 50% or more) then we have a lot of wingers too with Kennedy, McLennan, Hedges, McGinn and Hayes plus JET will pick up some minutes in midfield like Glass used Kamberi in three of the games.

So I'd say, presuming we keep Ferguson that probably two of Campbell, McGeouch, Ojo and Virtanen can move out, and one of Kennedy and McLennan.

That's before including youngsters like Ethan Ross, Ruth (Falkrik bid obviously), Barron etc.

So we should have plenty capacity to bring in another 4 in the next 8 weeks.

Ethan Ross is long gone. 

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

We should have plenty capacity to get these in even if they have to loans subsidised by parent clubs.

Even if we've bust or almost bust the budget we should manage to raise something by loaning out a few players before too long. Even with 9 subs we have too many central midfielders for the bench. If Mackenzie plays a lot at left back (e.g. Hayes doesn't play 50% or more) then we have a lot of wingers too with Kennedy, McLennan, Hedges, McGinn and Hayes plus JET will pick up some minutes in midfield like Glass used Kamberi in three of the games.

So I'd say, presuming we keep Ferguson that probably two of Campbell, McGeouch, Ojo and Virtanen can move out, and one of Kennedy and McLennan.

That's before including youngsters like Ethan Ross, Ruth (Falkrik bid obviously), Barron etc.

So we should have plenty capacity to bring in another 4 in the next 8 weeks.

Head of Recruitment incoming too remember.

Potentially holding off until he’s in the door. 

The fact he tried & failed to get Clark Robertson means he knows we need another centre half.

He’s dropped a big hint that he’ll be chapping Steven Gunn’s door for another striker.

Time yet. 

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Aye but Rangers can speculate and if they fail they just go bust and start again. Few years touring the lower leagues then come up, speculate, win the league again all while the Dons do fuck all

I think the speculation will come once we have a higher value of squad. I’m sure they have data on what they think the squad is valued at but if we can double/treble that value we will speculate more, probably the right way to go about it but will take that bit longer. Biggest gripe in that is the value of basically all the player we have signed is very little as majority are over 30. 

Share this post


Link to post
24 minutes ago, dazzy_deff said:

Ethan Ross is long gone. 

ok thats more dosh back in the pot then.

Share this post


Link to post

We should just sign Adrian Bernabe and Felix Nmecha to complete our window and offload anyone we don’t think will have a role. 

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Millertime said:

I don't get why people reply to him

 

In this case it was 100% because his chat is tiresome and boring 

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Tord31 said:

So I'd say, presuming we keep Ferguson that probably two of Campbell, McGeouch, Ojo and Virtanen can move out, and one of Kennedy and McLennan.

I would think Ojo would be the most likely to get let go if someone wants to buy him or even borrow him. Virtanen maybe out on loan again too.

We really need to get rid of both Kennedy and McLennan if we're going to make progress - both utterly useless whatever position you play them in. Wingers who can't beat an opponent or cross the ball properly are a total waste of time. I hope we can maybe use them in bargaining with the likes of St Mirren or St Johnstone for one of their players.

Share this post


Link to post
30 minutes ago, Don_Corleone said:

I would think Ojo would be the most likely to get let go if someone wants to buy him or even borrow him. Virtanen maybe out on loan again too.

We really need to get rid of both Kennedy and McLennan if we're going to make progress - both utterly useless whatever position you play them in. Wingers who can't beat an opponent or cross the ball properly are a total waste of time. I hope we can maybe use them in bargaining with the likes of St Mirren or St Johnstone for one of their players.

We need the numbers and cover so presuming we sign a winger send one out on loan in the league to find his mojo

Share this post


Link to post

Can’t see us letting Ojo go! We would have to pay him off for his final year. Might as well keep him if that’s the case. Unless someone wants him on loan 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Sheeptastic said:

Irvine has signed for St Pauli.

I'm probably in the minority but I'm disappointed we didn't sign him.

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
13 minutes ago, BonnieDon said:

I'm probably in the minority but I'm disappointed we didn't sign him.

 

Aye but you wouldn't be happy unless we had about 50 players. You want us to sign everyone! 

Share this post


Link to post
21 hours ago, maryhilldon said:

I think we need a striker,  a winger and 2 CDs. 

Change 1 of those central defenders to an attacking midfielder then I would be relatively happy 

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, RED_JOHN said:

Change 1 of those central defenders to an attacking midfielder then I would be relatively happy 

If we go with Gallagher, Devlin, McCrorie and Considine as centre backs this season we will not improve on the last couple of seasons

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...