Overall I'm pleased with business ( so far) over the summer. More ambition, more investment which were desperately needed.

I have no problem with Glass and Cormack but the benchmark for me must Europe. We've underperformed so badly for years, I really really hope Glass has the nous to keep us in this conference thing until at least Christmas.

Glass half full for me.

• Upvote 1
54 minutes ago, Bournemouth Gee said:

Overall I'm pleased with business ( so far) over the summer. More ambition, more investment which were desperately needed.

I have no problem with Glass and Cormack but the benchmark for me must Europe. We've underperformed so badly for years, I really really hope Glass has the nous to keep us in this conference thing until at least Christmas.

Glass half full for me.

Love the optimism.

I'm just hoping he gets past Hacken and then assuming we get bombed straight out when unseeded

2 hours ago, Bournemouth Gee said:

Glass half full for me.

I’m trying to remember who we signed last summer and the summer before (but struggling). The only players we know much about are Gallagher, Brown and JET and they are decent acquisitions. Hard to say with the others. I’m still expecting a loan or two and maybe one “exciting” signing which we were promised but I don’t think has been delivered yet.

4 hours ago, Don_Corleone said:

I’m trying to remember who we signed last summer and the summer before (but struggling). The only players we know much about are Gallagher, Brown and JET and they are decent acquisitions. Hard to say with the others. I’m still expecting a loan or two and maybe one “exciting” signing which we were promised but I don’t think has been delivered yet.

What about Ramirez….great signing. This guy will surprise a lot of our fans. He will be the best striker in the league.

• Upvote 1
  • Dildo 2

Summer before Season 19/20 we brought in...

Ash Taylor

Curtis Main

Funso Ojo

Ryan Hedges

Craig Bryson

Zak Vyner (loan)

Jon Gallagher (loan)

Greg Leigh (loan, I think)

That was a dreadful window...

Summer before Season 20/21 we brought in...

Johnny Hayes

Ross McCrorie

Marley Watkins (loan)

Gary Woods (loan)

That was slightly better...

Brown, Gallagher, JET, Ramirez are arguably (on paper anyway) better than the signings we've made in the last two summer windows.

• Upvote 2
27 minutes ago, Don_Corleone said:

Summer before Season 19/20 we brought in...

Ash Taylor

Curtis Main

Funso Ojo

Ryan Hedges

Craig Bryson

Zak Vyner (loan)

Jon Gallagher (loan)

Greg Leigh (loan, I think)

That was a dreadful window...

Summer before Season 20/21 we brought in...

Johnny Hayes

Ross McCrorie

Marley Watkins (loan)

Gary Woods (loan)

That was slightly better...

Brown, Gallagher, JET, Ramirez are arguably (on paper anyway) better than the signings we've made in the last two summer windows.

On paper, Glass' has made better signings in his first window than McInnes' did in his first window as Aberdeen manager.

24 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

Lack of rumours the last few weeks.

Marley Watkins played for Cardiff at the weekend.

Theres still plenty of time for Glass to make a few more additions to the squad before the window shuts. I imagine we are waiting to see who the new Head of Recruitment suggests as potential targets. I anticipate a left sided centre back, 3rd striker and Left winger to arrive in the next 5/6 weeks. 

This article was posted in the Aberdeen thread over on P&B. It offers some insight on Tommy Johnson's approach to sourcing players.

https://upthemightypool.co.uk/2020/08/10/insight-analysis-head-of-recruitment-tommy-johnson/

Heres an interview with Tommy Johnson discussing his process:

https://www.thisfootballlife.com/post/interview-with-tommy-johnson-the-ins-and-outs-of-scouting

1 hour ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

A straight to the point accurate statement. Well said shooftah

Good afternoon all.

Not much to update you with, but I thought I'd check in.

Its likely that there will be no additions to the squad until there are 2/3 departures, or unless we make the group stages in Europe. It may be towards the end of the month before any of the potential departures find a club. Likely candidates are pretty much as mentioned by others, Ojo, Kennedy, Ferguson, McGeouch. Watford have not increased their bid, although that may now happen given there's interest from 2 clubs in Holland on Ferguson.

We have been asked to be kept informed by St Johnstone on Jason Kerr, with Kennedy being used as bait, but that depends on a large fee coming in for Ferguson. There is a new deal on the table for Hedges, which may further harm any potential additions, with that eating into the budget too.

Dave Cormack now back in the country, quarantining in a local luxury hotel, things tend to happen when he is here, so lets see what the next 2/3 weeks bring.

• Upvote 15
  • Downvote 1
  • Dildo 2
18 minutes ago, mainstandmoan said:

Good afternoon all.

Its likely that there will be no additions to the squad until there are 2/3 departures, or unless we make the group stages in Europe. It may be towards the end of the month before any of the potential departures find a club. Likely candidates are pretty much as mentioned by others, Ojo, Kennedy, Ferguson, McGeouch. Watford have not increased their bid, although that may now happen given there's interest from 2 clubs in Holland on Ferguson.

We have been asked to be kept informed by St Johnstone on Jason Kerr, with Kennedy being used as bait, but that depends on a large fee coming in for Ferguson. There is a new deal on the table for Hedges, which may further harm any potential additions, with that eating into the budget too.

Dave Cormack now back in the country, quarantining in a local luxury hotel, things tend to happen when he is here, so lets see what the next 2/3 weeks bring.

What has happened to the money we were offering for Jamie McGrath and the wages we were offering to Clark Robertson? has the budget been reassessed until we know whether we will be allowed full stadiums and corporate hospitality?

Interesting that we have asked to be kept informed regarding Jason Kerr as had assumed that it would be a left sided centre back we would be wanting to take in if we could.

Any movement likely soon on the appointment for the head of recruitment role?

10 minutes ago, SupportmeansSUPPORT said:

What has happened to the money we were offering for Jamie McGrath and the wages we were offering to Clark Robertson? has the budget been reassessed until we know whether we will be allowed full stadiums and corporate hospitality?

Interesting that we have asked to be kept informed regarding Jason Kerr as had assumed that it would be a left sided centre back we would be wanting to take in if we could.

Any movement likely soon on the appointment for the head of recruitment role?

Have we ever made a bid for McGrath?  I don't think that money was ever there!

Jason Kerr would compliment Gallagher nicely IMO. A bruiser and a ball player.  Would be nice to have a CB who could pass the ball.

However, all this is pie in the sky unless we get a decent wedge for Ferguson I'd say...

20 minutes ago, SupportmeansSUPPORT said:

Unless Devlin for whatever reason isn't taking the 6 month contract? Although if Kerr were to join you'd imagine that would only be as a first pick alongside Gallagher. And there were others on here who said we interested in McCart from St J only a few days ago.....which would have made a bit more sense squad balance wise.

As others have said before though....our best ever centre back pairing were both right footed. 

44 minutes ago, mainstandmoan said:

Good afternoon all.

Reckon if European Group Stages not realised then Ferguson would have to be sold to allow squad rebuild to be continued, particularly with regard central defence and another striking option.

Would be looking to punt Ojo, Kennedy and McLennan too to be honest, regardless of above.

As for McGeouch. When fit he is a decent player and would retain.

Finally things do happen when DC is around 'cos he 100% runs things and SG just keeps the seat warm.

Unpopular statement for many to hear, but true nonetheless.

15 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Unless Devlin for whatever reason isn't taking the 6 month contract? Although if Kerr were to join you'd imagine that would only be as a first pick alongside Gallagher. And there were others on here who said we interested in McCart from St J only a few days ago.....which would have made a bit more sense squad balance wise.

As others have said before though....our best ever centre back pairing were both right footed. 

Devlin signed the contract weeks ago. As confirmed by Scott Burns 

37 minutes ago, Sonoftherock said:

Have we ever made a bid for McGrath?  I don't think that money was ever there!

Jason Kerr would compliment Gallagher nicely IMO. A bruiser and a ball player.  Would be nice to have a CB who could pass the ball.

However, all this is pie in the sky unless we get a decent wedge for Ferguson I'd say...

I don't know if there was a formal offer on paper but  informal discussions took place on a player plus cash deal but it was a long way off what they would accept so things didn't go further. It would have been pointless to have held the discussion unless we thought there was a chance they might have said yes in which case we would have had to pay the fee.

Unless we were just making a joke offer to try to create paper talk and help boost ticket sales by trying to look ambitious. I do believe it was a genuine interest though.

1 hour ago, dazzy_deff said:

Devlin signed the contract weeks ago. As confirmed by Scott Burns 

Nae seen him in a single photae. 

Reckon he's still injured? Crease if so 

1 hour ago, aberdeen1970 said:

A user pops up using the mainstandmoan moniker from mad posting in exactly the same style as Vancouver Don. 

Meanwhile Harley Quinn (or BonnieDon as he calls himself on here) draws everyone's attention to it on Pie and Bovril, exactly as he used to do with Vancouver Don's posts. 

Mair shite. 

BonnieDon is a quine, no?