3 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

Were we thinking that Ojo and Hedges played exactly the same position on opposite sides or was it lop sided. Was hard to tell exactly from my vantage point.

Brown

Hedges Ferguson Ojo

JET

Ramirez

??

Although at times it looked like a straight two up front

I thought that Hedges and Jet had a fairly free role behind Ramirez. 

And Ojo and Ferguson were playing more advanced in centre midfield with Brown sitting. 

But it's sometimes harder to tell on the telly than when you're in the stadium so those that were there might have a better take. 

59 minutes ago, thurso said:

I think we should be doing it every year,  we should be slashing out a few hundred thousand on a player to improve and sell on and we should also be selling a player we got cheap or through or system for more than we got him every season that’s how we improve hopefully 

Great thinking - buy low, sell high. I hope your application for Head of Recruitment has been submitted?

I’d like to hear your thoughts on how we should win matches? Score more goals than the opposition?

• Upvote 1
  • Dildo 2
2 hours ago, thurso said:

I think we should be doing it every year,  we should be slashing out a few hundred thousand on a player to improve and sell on and we should also be selling a player we got cheap or through or system for more than we got him every season that’s how we improve hopefully 

Agreed. I just meant develop the player for 2/3 years and sell on for profit. But we should be doing it as much as possible. 

From what I saw, the formation looked like this:

Lewis

Ramsay   McCrorie  Considine  Hayes

Ferguson  Brown   Ojo

Hedges   JET

Ramirez

Brown sitting deeper than Ojo and Ferguson, JET occasionally switching between attacking midfielder and striker. 

1 hour ago, theredshed said:

Lewis

Ferguson  Brown   Ojo

Hedges   JET

Ramirez

Brown sitting deeper than Ojo and Ferguson, JET occasionally switching between attacking midfielder and striker. 

It was a 4-1-3-2 we were playing most of the evening. 

4 hours ago, 1983 said:

Great thinking - buy low, sell high. I hope your application for Head of Recruitment has been submitted?

I’d like to hear your thoughts on how we should win matches? Score more goals than the opposition?

Pretty obvious that’s how every match should be won. Simple really 

3 hours ago, Durrant Dived said:

Agreed. I just meant develop the player for 2/3 years and sell on for profit. But we should be doing it as much as possible. 

Yes we’ve lost to many players for nothing. As much as Iv loved them playing for us we made nothing. Only now and again should one of our best players be leaving for nothing. Not every season like before. Maybe Jim mclean had the right idea with his 10 year contracts ?

Defence & up front we need strengthened for sure.

only a couple of injuries (or COVID cases/close contacts) away from real crisis in those areas.

So we have to take in another decent striker & CH.

regardless of if we offload any players or not. If we do offload/sell players then they should then also be replaced

3 hours ago, theredshed said:

Lewis

Ferguson  Brown   Ojo

Hedges   JET

Ramirez

JET spent most of the night up top as a 2.  Despite his jokey manner, Steve Tosh on Redtv correctly pointed out that Haken got back into the match after the 3rd goal when JET dropped deeper, leaving Ramirez isolated.  After they scored JET was pushed right back up front and we took control again.  A mix of 442 and 4132.

• Upvote 1

Right if we could get two realistic “quality additions” in the door yet similar to DC suggested who would everybody pick?

Id go Jason Kerr, then either McCann (maybe too expensive) or McGrath.

Then Zak Rudden as a wild card forward player. Added this as we need another forward but I’d get the “quality” additions in CD n CM.

8 minutes ago, ThomohawkKid said:

Right if we could get two realistic “quality additions” in the door yet similar to DC suggested who would everybody pick?

Id go Jason Kerr, then either McCann (maybe too expensive) or McGrath.

Then Zak Rudden as a wild card forward player. Added this as we need another forward but I’d get the “quality” additions in CD n CM.

Going by newspaper and mainstandmoan speculation, and dissecting what Cormack said at half time, you’d hazard at guess at the 2 players being Jason Kerr and Jamie McGrath. £1m for them two?

Clearly waiting for Kennedy and McGeough to depart and free up wages, and Ferguson to bring in a substantial transfer fee.

Still means we must be looking at another forward player.

May be way off the mark here but I reckon Ferguson will stay another season, looked reenergised the other night, alongside Brown. He might just think another year and then he’ll get better offers?

• Upvote 1
58 minutes ago, Millertime said:

Do you seriously think that any clubs don't want to do that?

You are massively over simplifying it 

So if it’s the model all clubs should be doing and we all know it’s not an exact science as more duds than stars why are you arguing about people suggesting this is the model we should follow?? Is it just for the argument some say left so you say right!!

• Downvote 1
7 minutes ago, The Gee Man said:

So if it’s the model all clubs should be doing and we all know it’s not an exact science as more duds than stars why are you arguing about people suggesting this is the model we should follow?? Is it just for the argument some say left so you say right!!

Do you not think it’s dim pointing out the obvious? Do you not think every club wants to develop / sell players for more than they bought them for? There’s nothing groundbreaking in that concept, and it’s alarming to read that people think it’s even a strategy worth mentioning.

OF COURSE IT IS. FFS.

The challenge is more HOW to do that, not WHAT we should do.

3 minutes ago, 1983 said:

Do you not think it’s dim pointing out the obvious? Do you not think every club wants to develop / sell players for more than they bought them for? There’s nothing groundbreaking in that concept, and it’s alarming to read that people think it’s even a strategy worth mentioning.

OF COURSE IT IS. FFS.

The challenge is more HOW to do that, not WHAT we should do.

Obviously I do as for some reason we have not been following this obvious model as we rarely sell players! There are plenty of obvious statements on here as it’s what happens on a forum 

• Upvote 2
1 hour ago, sooth_stander said:

Going by newspaper and mainstandmoan speculation, and dissecting what Cormack said at half time, you’d hazard at guess at the 2 players being Jason Kerr and Jamie McGrath. £1m for them two?

Clearly waiting for Kennedy and McGeough to depart and free up wages, and Ferguson to bring in a substantial transfer fee.

Still means we must be looking at another forward player.

May be way off the mark here but I reckon Ferguson will stay another season, looked reenergised the other night, alongside Brown. He might just think another year and then he’ll get better offers?

Come on now :clangers2: :rolleyes:

4 hours ago, sooth_stander said:

He may have seemed energised on the pitch but he looked totally pissed off and uninterested in his interview. 

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, Donstar83 said:

He may have seemed energised on the pitch but he looked totally pissed off and uninterested in his interview. 

Totally agree even ,mom award didn’t appear to interest him

however he certainly hasn’t gone in a huff and downed tools by that display

18 hours ago, thurso said:

Yes we’ve lost to many players for nothing. As much as Iv loved them playing for us we made nothing. Only now and again should one of our best players be leaving for nothing. Not every season like before. Maybe Jim mclean had the right idea with his 10 year contracts ?

There was me thinking football was about winning games and trophies rather than making money.....

• Upvote 1
  • Dildo 1
1 hour ago, Torry Tosser said:

Withdraw transfer request coming up...Loves the Dandies.?

I am sure he does like being with us. It will be his agent trying to do what he is paid to do…get him more dosh. Some players are motivated by cash and desire to succeed, others are happy to just be in the game. Lewis Ferguson was never a lifelong Dons fan but he has been decent for us. I would sell him if we get offered £3m. I think we can replace him no problem.

Partially agree RJ , I think the agent has a bit to do with it after all that’s how they make their money .don’t see the relevance of lifelong dons fan as plenty who have been also moved on .

3m with add ons,  yup acceptable and would allow good options to be brought in 

On 7/22/2021 at 4:59 PM, Ten Caat said:

438 miles Orlando to Atlanta by road. 7 hours or so.....one way

Or a choice of 4 airlines flying direct. Published times around 90 minutes each way, but more likely at least 15 minutes quicker. I suppose not much different time wise to players for the Dundee teams commuting from the Glasgow area

You think going to an airport for a flight, having the flight & getting from the airport to the city is the same as driving Glasgow to dundee?