Jump to content

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

He might turn out to be complete shite but on paper it looks like a lad we should have been snapping up.

US international and that's the market that Glass, Apaloo and Russell have just came from. 

24yrs old.

He's only on £2k/week

We've worked the work permit system as recently as three weeks ago.

Atlanta partnership (meaning he has a simple route back to mls (and florida no less) if it's required for any reason)

 

Looks like we've dropped the ball on this one.

Aye, I’d agree. 
 

Share this post


Link to post

I'll wait and see what he's like before deciding if we've missed the boat on him.

Most of us have never seen or even heard of him, so not sure how so many can be gutted we've not signed him yet. 

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, StandFree1982 said:

I'll wait and see what he's like before deciding if we've missed the boat on him.

Most of us have never seen or even heard of him, so not sure how so many can be gutted we've not signed him yet. 

Folk said the same about nisbet and now look at his sell on value 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Redtaz2 said:

Folk said the same about nisbet and now look at his sell on value 

Nisbet only got 14 goals last season id be hoping Ramirez will smash that. 14 is pretty poor for a striker that’s meant to be on form 

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, StandFree1982 said:

I'll wait and see what he's like before deciding if we've missed the boat on him.

Most of us have never seen or even heard of him, so not sure how so many can be gutted we've not signed him yet. 

True, but folk who know about the MLS, seen Orlando play & know the player seem to say it’s a good signing. 

Share this post


Link to post
21 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

He might turn out to be complete shite but on paper it looks like a lad we should have been snapping up.

US international and that's the market that Glass, Apaloo and Russell have just came from. 

24yrs old.

He's only on £2k/week

We've worked the work permit system as recently as three weeks ago.

Atlanta partnership (meaning he has a simple route back to mls (and florida no less) if it's required for any reason)

 

Looks like we've dropped the ball on this one.

Atlanta is in Georgia, not Florida, that apart I agree with you 

Share this post


Link to post
11 minutes ago, thurso said:

Nisbet only got 14 goals last season id be hoping Ramirez will smash that. 14 is pretty poor for a striker that’s meant to be on form 

We would have loved a striker that had scored 14 goals  for us last season ??

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, Redtaz2 said:

We would have loved a striker that had scored 14 goals  for us last season ??

Aye Nisbet had a good season by anybody's reasonable measurement and set up a good few goals as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
17 minutes ago, Redtaz2 said:

We would have loved a striker that had scored 14 goals  for us last season ??

I agree we would of but a lot of people here said Lewis Ferguson was poor last year and from midfield he only scored 4 less I think. 

Im not trying to say he’s rubbish I just don’t think Hibs were that much better than us

Share this post


Link to post
26 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Atlanta is in Georgia, not Florida, that apart I agree with you 

is it nae commutable like? cormack does it

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, BonnieDon said:

Nobody will ever convince me Hibs were decent last season. We were complete shite and yet only finished a handful of points behind them.

Ross is a disciple of the McInnes chronic style of football.

Edited by sooth_stander

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, sooth_stander said:

Hibs know they will be selling at least one of Doig, Porteous ( no laughing at the back) Boyle or Nisbett for serious money so will have cash on the hip to make at least one major signing.

Looks like they will get good money for Doig. Some decent clubs linked 

Share this post


Link to post
29 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

is it nae commutable like? cormack does it

438 miles Orlando to Atlanta by road. 7 hours or so.....one way

Or a choice of 4 airlines flying direct. Published times around 90 minutes each way, but more likely at least 15 minutes quicker. I suppose not much different time wise to players for the Dundee teams commuting from the Glasgow area

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Donmacca said:

Just a thought that we would have been well aware of this lad's situation while expressing an interest in Ramirez, so either Glass rated Ramirez more or we were priced out

Or we weren't interested in the first place. 

 

Share this post


Link to post

Just a thought that we would have been well aware of this lad's situation while expressing an interest in Ramirez, so either Glass rated Ramirez more or we were priced out

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, StandFree1982 said:

I'll wait and see what he's like before deciding if we've missed the boat on him.

Most of us have never seen or even heard of him, so not sure how so many can be gutted we've not signed him yet. 

No that’s not how it works. Because we haven’t signed him, he will be guaranteed to be a good player. How do I know? Poorly endowed middle aged men on here say so. 

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Studebaker-90 said:

No that’s not how it works. Because we haven’t signed him, he will be guaranteed to be a good player. How do I know? Poorly endowed middle aged men on here say so. 

If any player from the USA signs for a club outside the States for anything less than £1m Cormack and Glass will get pelters on here. 

From the same people that were moaning about us signing players from the MLS in the first place. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

If any player from the USA signs for a club outside the States for anything less than £1m Cormack and Glass will get pelters on here. 

From the same people that were moaning about us signing players from the MLS in the first place. 

No. What makes you think the issue is any player less than a million being signed from the states? Are you deliberately misinterpreting the criticism in order to try and dismiss it or gloss over it. 

It's not about players being from the MLS, the issue is in the quality of player. The MLS is being brought up because

1.that is where the player is from,

2. We've allegedy got a working knowledge of and connections to the MLS so should have been aware of him

3. We've signed players from the MLS who don't appear to be as good. Why is that, when our budget is allegedy comparable to or perhaps bigger than Hibs?

 

All of the above feeds into existing concerns within the fans that the club is poor at identifying quality attacking players. 

 

Edited by Ernie McCracken

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Ernie McCracken said:

No. What makes you think the issue is any player less than a million being signed from the states? Are you deliberately misinterpreting the criticism in order to try and dismiss it or gloss over it. 

It's not about players being from the MLS, the issue is in the quality of player. The MLS is being brought up because

1.that is where the player is from,

2. We've allegedy got a working knowledge of and connections to the MLS so should have been aware of him

3. We've signed players from the MLS who don't appear to be as good. Why is that, when our budget is allegedy comparable to or perhaps bigger than Hibs. 

We'd never heard of this guy until this morning. 

Now we've apparently missed out on a great player because Hibs have signed him and folk are shitting themselves. 

Folk are just getting worked up for no reason. 

Some perspective is needed. 

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

We'd never heard of this guy until this morning. 

Now we've apparently missed out on a great player because Hibs have signed him and folk are shitting themselves. 

Folk are just getting worked up for no reason. 

Some perspective is needed. 

Age and statistics. That's it. Whether the player is a complete unknown or is famous (James Wilson anyone?) it doesn't matter a fuck.

Time and time again del tried to be a smart ass with players aged 24 and over who may have looked good but had unimpressive track records, because once they got in the door at Pittodrie they would suddenly defy all the evidence that was there before, but they never did.

We've had years of perspective of this failed model.

 

Age and statistics is what the club should be looking at for attacking players. 

Does he have a record of scoring and/or creating? Yes or no? 

If the answer is no, then he should not be signed unless he is 21 (22 max) and does actually have a reasonable opportunity for development or growth. 

It doesn't matter that none of us had heard of him - this guy ticks all the boxes. But we're not signing him. No we're sticking with Matty fucking Kennedy. 

 

Edited by Ernie McCracken
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
16 minutes ago, Ernie McCracken said:

Age and statistics. That's it. Whether the player is a complete unknown or is famous (James Wilson anyone?) it doesn't matter a fuck.

Time and time again del tried to be a smart ass with players aged 24 and over who may have looked good but had unimpressive track records, because once they got in the door at Pittodrie they would suddenly defy all the evidence that was there before, but they never did.

We've had years of perspective of this failed model.

 

Age and statistics is what the club should be looking at for attacking players. 

Does he have a record of scoring and/or creating? Yes or no? 

If the answer is no, then he should not be signed unless he is 21 (22 max) and does actually have a reasonable opportunity for development or growth. 

It doesn't matter that none of us had heard of him - this guy ticks all the boxes. But we're not signing him. No we're sticking with Matty fucking Kennedy. 

 

I'm not disagreeing with any of that Ernie. I think we should be signing guys on the way up in the 19-23 age bracket wherever we can. 

But the criticism about this guy not signing for us is completely disproportionate because he happens to play in the MLS and he's signed for Hibs.

If he'd went to some lower division team in England no one would be batting an eyelid. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post

We don't need Chris Mueller,

Cos we've got someone cooler,

It's Ramirezzzzz

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Don_Corleone said:

We don't need Chris Mueller,

Cos we've got someone cooler,

It's Ramirezzzzz

  I know which of the two I’d prefer we signed. Cormack is a fkn useless cunt. Snake oil selling charlatan.

of all his signings so far, only Gurr has a very outside chance of being the type he promised we were looking at signing. All rest are the type of signings made by Gretna ffs. Aged high wage earning fantasy football type shite with no long term plan.

Share this post


Link to post
17 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

  I know which of the two I’d prefer we signed. Cormack is a fkn useless cunt. Snake oil selling charlatan.

of all his signings so far, only Gurr has a very outside chance of being the type he promised we were looking at signing. All rest are the type of signings made by Gretna ffs. Aged high wage earning fantasy football type shite with no long term plan.

You're a charlatan min. 

Team 2-0 up in the first game of the season and you take the time to post this while the game is on? 

 

  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, aberdeen1970 said:

You're a charlatan min. 

Team 2-0 up in the first game of the season and you take the time to post this while the game is on? 

 

You took time to read & reply 🤔 🤣 melt

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

You took time to read & reply 🤔🤣 melt

Aye at half time 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, fine-n-dandy said:

  I know which of the two I’d prefer we signed. Cormack is a fkn useless cunt. Snake oil selling charlatan.

of all his signings so far, only Gurr has a very outside chance of being the type he promised we were looking at signing. All rest are the type of signings made by Gretna ffs. Aged high wage earning fantasy football type shite with no long term plan.

Fuck me, I think you’d rather we lost, just so you could say “I told you so”. 

FFS we won 5-1 - enjoy it. 

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post

its clear we need another striker and a CH if only to cover for injuries and suspensions 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post

Great team effort tonight from a fresh looking side with a better approach than I have seen for years. Players looking happy knowing which direction it takes to score a goal instead of passing all the way back to our ‘playmaker’ Lewis to punt the ball. All very encouraging. And YES this team needed shored up quickly with old heads as last season I never want to see again. The signings all looked good and improved the side but maybe need another striker yet. CR9 looks like he knows how to play as a 9 with good hold up play and got in the 6 yd box to get his goal. All very encouraging so get behind your team stop talking shite and hopefully see an improved team this year.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...