16 hours ago, thurso said:

The more I watch him the better I think he is. He’s as good as frimpong and ajer who both left Celtic for over 10 million. 
We will get no where near that but should be getting over 5 million id say 7 million maybe even higher 

I honestly can't see us getting more than £4m for him. The fact Watford apparently tested the water with just £2m suggests it'll end up being somewhere between £2-4m (probably £3m). He is significantly better than Cosgrove, and also McKenna, so we should be holding out for £3-4m with sell on clause and everything else you'd expect these days. The main thing counting against him is that he hasn't got a Scotland cap yet. If he hangs around for the rest of this season, scores double figures again, catches the eye in big games, and bags a Scotland cap, then we might be looking at £5m+

52 minutes ago, Bournemouth Gee said:

£100 mil for squeelish??

£3-4 mil for Ferguson FFS?

Villa may even come in for him now what a bargain

It's crazy, but that's the way it is. £4m to clubs in Scotland is probably the equivalent of about £50m to a club in England when you take into account TV and sponsorship money etc. To clubs like us £4m makes a big difference - no English team will offer £10m when they know we'll accept less. If they can't get players like Ferguson for £3-4m they'll just move on and buy elsewhere.

3 hours ago, Don_Corleone said:

I honestly can't see us getting more than £4m for him. The fact Watford apparently tested the water with just £2m suggests it'll end up being somewhere between £2-4m (probably £3m). He is significantly better than Cosgrove, and also McKenna, so we should be holding out for £3-4m with sell on clause and everything else you'd expect these days. The main thing counting against him is that he hasn't got a Scotland cap yet. If he hangs around for the rest of this season, scores double figures again, catches the eye in big games, and bags a Scotland cap, then we might be looking at £5m+

I don’t think not having a scotland cap makes much of a difference, he could get a cap against San Marino or shitty friendly against Cyprus wouldnt put his price tag up. With all the games he’s been excellent in I think it should be starting at at least 5 million. 
Watford were just taking the piss, you could see that with also the bid they put in for the boy at hibs. 

1 hour ago, sooth_stander said:

Aye he moved to Dundee 2 or 3 years ago. Moved back to Kingswells to a house a stone’s throw from where he used to dwell. Will no doubt be looking at a career in the oil industry post football.

I'm sure he's studying a law degree. Seem to remember him saying that in an interview when he was playing with us. 

1 hour ago, thurso said:

I don’t think not having a scotland cap makes much of a difference, he could get a cap against San Marino or shitty friendly against Cyprus wouldnt put his price tag up. With all the games he’s been excellent in I think it should be starting at at least 5 million. 
Watford were just taking the piss, you could see that with also the bid they put in for the boy at hibs. 

There was a rumour that Watford were going to try again for Ferguson and if it wasn’t accepted, they would go for McGrath at St Mirren

Let’s be truthful here, Watford are trying to be penny pinching chancers and think teams in Scotland will sell for any price and be grateful for the pittance they offer. 

If I was Ferguson I’d get my head down like he seems to be doing and trying to attract the attention of better teams than Watford yo-yoing between EPL and championship

On 7/30/2021 at 12:02 PM, StandFree1982 said:

No rumours or hints that we're looking to bring anyone else in? or maybe everything's on hold until we know what's happening with Ferguson, the money from his sale would definitely help bring a couple of players in. Regardless, we really do need more backup, we're threadbare at the moment and between injuries and covid, we are only a couple of players out away from being a disaster. 

Cormack said at half-time last week they’re working on more deals. 

1 hour ago, afc1903mad said:

There was a rumour that Watford were going to try again for Ferguson and if it wasn’t accepted, they would go for McGrath at St Mirren

That’s like going to a garage to buy a Ferrari but instead of wanting to pay 100 grand offering 25000 and coming away with a Fiat   

39 minutes ago, ThomohawkKid said:

Hearing rumours of Blackburn wanting Hedges, best business we could do just now is get him a new deal. Based on last year gee him 5/6k like the biggest earners as we’d miss him a lot!! 

If they did want him what money would you accept? It's difficult with only 12 months left on his contract. I'd still be looking for around £1m in all honesty. He's the most creative player in the team and we have no-one that can replace him. Not even sure there's a player in Scotland you could replace him with. Mowbray would have his work cut out there that's for sure. 

A million for Hedges wouldn't be such a bad outcome tbh. 

We could then offer Hibs the reported £500k min release fee for Boyle. Not exactly like for like but he'd surely bring us more goals over a season than Hedges would.

I honestly think there's a very good reason that the interest in Hedges is coming from Blackburn, as opposed to the likes of Burnley or even a top end Championship club. One footed players are ten a penny.......he just isn't absolutely top drawer and so I'm sure he is certainly replaceable with someone of similar quality. Mowbray must know of such players in the EFL 

25 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

A million for Hedges wouldn't be such a bad outcome tbh. 

We could then offer Hibs the reported £500k min release fee for Boyle. Not exactly like for like but he'd surely bring us more goals over a season than Hedges would.

I honestly think there's a very good reason that the interest in Hedges is coming from Blackburn, as opposed to the likes of Burnley or even a top end Championship club. One footed players are ten a penny.......he just isn't absolutely top drawer and so I'm sure he is certainly replaceable with someone of similar quality. Mowbray must know of such players in the EFL 

If we are getting offers close to a million for someone who can go for fuck all next summer, we need to take it. 

6 hours ago, AyrshireSheep said:

I'm sure he's studying a law degree. Seem to remember him saying that in an interview when he was playing with us. 

No, he did an engineering degree.

Was in the same class as a guy from my dept.

5 hours ago, Rico1903 said:

Cormack said at half-time last week they’re working on more deals. 

Glass has himself said that he highly doubts the squad as it stands will be the same one that finishes the season.

We have 4 weeks. Players will leave and players will come in.

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, King Street Loon said:

No, he did an engineering degree.

Was in the same class as a guy from my dept.

Glass has himself said that he highly doubts the squad as it stands will be the same one that finishes the season.

We have 4 weeks. Players will leave and players will come in.

You’d think McGeouch & Kennedy would be “available”.

There’s also a decent chance Fergie goes.

Potentially a large fee & about £8k-£9k per week in wages to play with if those three are away. 

5 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

You’d think McGeouch & Kennedy would be “available”.

There’s also a decent chance Fergie goes.

Potentially a large fee & about £8k-£9k per week in wages to play with if those three are away. 

I think Ferguson will stay for one more year.

Both McGeouch and Kennedy are available as you say.

We need to get rid of the 'surplus' in the team. That's the likes of Kennedy and McGeouch, probably Ojo as well despite him impressing the management team. Cormack mentioned in the podcast with Spiers that our wage budget is higher already than last season.

We need to lose the dead weight to get players in who will improve the starting eleven. 

• Upvote 1