53 minutes ago, King Street Loon said:

I think Ferguson will stay for one more year.

Both McGeouch and Kennedy are available as you say.

We need to get rid of the 'surplus' in the team. That's the likes of Kennedy and McGeouch, probably Ojo as well despite him impressing the management team. Cormack mentioned in the podcast with Spiers that our wage budget is higher already than last season.

We need to lose the dead weight to get players in who will improve the starting eleven. 

Ojo, McGeouch, Campbell and Virtanen should all be getting a clean slate. I'm not sure we should automatically think its Campbell who should be at the front of that queue. I wonder if he'd benefit from a loan spell away

42 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

Ojo, McGeouch, Campbell and Virtanen should all be getting a clean slate. I'm not sure we should automatically think its Campbell who should be at the front of that queue. I wonder if he'd benefit from a loan spell away

He probably would. Depending on those leaving permanently in August he may well go out. Would be good for him to play every week and get minutes under his belt. He's not going to be a starter yet if Ferguson and Brown are starting every week. 

Virtanen doesnt look like he's going to make it here. Best if he leaves to for his own sake. Although the majority of us have no idea what type of player he is.

If Hedges leaves we've basically got no pace in the entire team and we lose a large part of our creativity and excitement / entertainment value. If he can leave next year for nothing we would likely need to sell if we got offered a million. I could see him linking well with big JET as they are both very neat footballers. Hedges would not be easy to replace - outwith Rangers and Celtic, he's the best winger / attacking midfielder in the league. I'm actually surprised one of them haven't been sniffing about him. 

10 minutes ago, Don_Corleone said:

If Hedges leaves we've basically got no pace in the entire team and we lose a large part of our creativity and excitement / entertainment value. If he can leave next year for nothing we would likely need to sell if we got offered a million. I could see him linking well with big JET as they are both very neat footballers. Hedges would not be easy to replace - outwith Rangers and Celtic, he's the best winger / attacking midfielder in the league. I'm actually surprised one of them haven't been sniffing about him

That’ll come out in the press the Thursday before we play the huns as per usual.

Genuinely think our best chance of getting McGrath is if we offer them McLennan &/or Kennedy for free & continue paying their wages. Loan until end of contract basically but make it permanent on paper so they have chance to sell either if they want. 

Add a small fee if needed to make up to their realistic valuation. 

doubt they would go for basic loan as they have no sell on benefits if either somehow managed to attract interest.

Joking aside rgds their ability but maybe a club like St Mirren would work for them

edit, also the likes of McGeouch/Ojo

just as St Mirren who they want ?

9 hours ago, Don_Corleone said:

If Hedges leaves we've basically got no pace in the entire team and we lose a large part of our creativity and excitement / entertainment value. If he can leave next year for nothing we would likely need to sell if we got offered a million. I could see him linking well with big JET as they are both very neat footballers. Hedges would not be easy to replace - outwith Rangers and Celtic, he's the best winger / attacking midfielder in the league. I'm actually surprised one of them haven't been sniffing about him. 

There has been rumours in Glasgow of sevco being interested in hedges since wright signed for them...

11 hours ago, Tord31 said:

You are continually on about this guy min. Not a hope in hell he's making it with us.

29 minutes ago, Redmist1903 said:

You are continually on about this guy min. Not a hope in hell he's making it with us.

True but it's so random he's like 5-6 years older than Ramsay.

One of the best players in the championship 2 seasons ago.

It's poor squad management we have him as the 7th or 8th centre mid. He's more than good enough to be 4th or 5th alllowing us to divert money to other positions

15 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

It's poor squad management we have him as the 7th or 8th centre mid. He's more than good enough to be 4th or 5th alllowing us to divert money to other positions

For his own good he needs to take a step backwards, maybe to take a step forwards, but at the very least to get a game most weeks. 

1 hour ago, Tord31 said:

What are you basing this on?

10 hours ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Genuinely think our best chance of getting McGrath is if we offer them McLennan &/or Kennedy for free & continue paying their wages. Loan until end of contract basically but make it permanent on paper so they have chance to sell either if they want. 

Add a small fee if needed to make up to their realistic valuation. 

doubt they would go for basic loan as they have no sell on benefits if either somehow managed to attract interest.

Joking aside rgds their ability but maybe a club like St Mirren would work for them

edit, also the likes of McGeouch/Ojo

just as St Mirren who they want ?

Iv not watched enough of him but is McGrath that good. I can’t even remember him, I’d rather we were ambitious and pushed the boat out and went for Ali McCann 

59 minutes ago, Dave Bus said:

He’s shown more for St Mirren than Kenny McLean did. Look how that turned out.

Kenny mclean was standing out for st mirren from about 19 and did we not buy him at 22. 

14 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

We have enough “Ali McCann types”.

Ali McCann is more attacking than anything in midfield than we have except maybe Ferguson 

7 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Even if Fergie went for £3m+, I doubt we’d pay the £1m fee St Johnstone are looking for.

I’d rather spend about £400k on McGrath. 

1 million for McCann would be better value than 4 hundred thousand for McGrath. I recon we would make more on McCann in the future 

4 hours ago, thurso said:

Iv not watched enough of him but is McGrath that good. I can’t even remember him, I’d rather we were ambitious and pushed the boat out and went for Ali McCann 

Or push the boat way out for Jeyson Chura. 

I agree. Move the dead weight. I'm all for Fergs getting sold at the right price. McCrorie could step right into the midfield along with brown. I'm still in Deano's corner. But I'm all for moving dylan, ojo, etc.

Chura type signings are a good way to do business. Develop and sell on. 

Ronnie has a goal and seems to be getting a chance in ATL.

Keep the pipeline open.

54 minutes ago, PondHopper said:

Or push the boat way out for Jeyson Chura. 

I agree. Move the dead weight. I'm all for Fergs getting sold at the right price. McCrorie could step right into the midfield along with brown. I'm still in Deano's corner. But I'm all for moving dylan, ojo, etc.

Chura type signings are a good way to do business. Develop and sell on. 

Ronnie has a goal and seems to be getting a chance in ATL.

Keep the pipeline open.

Never heard of him is he any good 

6 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Fit's the deal with Hedges then? 

Injured or down the road for transfer talks? 

He was at the game today. Glass said he picked up a knock from the Hacken match on Thursday which is why he wasn't in the squad.

If he is being sold I hope its for a minimum of 1 million. I'd be reluctant to let him go unless we receive a very good offer. I think we'll struggle to replace him.

Same applies to Ferguson. If Hibs are receiving 5 million for Doig, we should be expecting the same amount for Ferguson. Another player I think we should hold off from selling this summer.

• Upvote 1
8 minutes ago, thurso said:

Never heard of him is he any good 

Something like 4 goals and 2 dimes for his club team in 9 games. They are at the top of the table. Plus his call up to the senior nt at 19. I'm sure ATL UTD is well aware of how he's coming on

15 minutes ago, BonnieDon said:

He was at the game today. Glass said he picked up a knock from the Hacken match on Thursday which is why he wasn't in the squad.

If he is being sold I hope its for a minimum of 1 million. I'd be reluctant to let him go unless we receive a very good offer. I think we'll struggle to replace him.

Same applies to Ferguson. If Hibs are receiving 5 million for Doig, we should be expecting the same amount for Ferguson. Another player I think we should hold off from selling this summer.

Thanks.