Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Doig (who has had one full season of football) could potentially leave for 5 million to Leeds this summer. Personally, I think Ferguson is worth 4-5 million.

Curious to hear what others think Ferguson is worth.

Edited by BonnieDon

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, sooth_stander said:

I agree. Paying £500K for a player with 12 months left on his contract would be an act of sheet lunacy, and certainly wouldn't fit our "stradagee".

I'd say it's £100k overpriced. He is now a full ROI cap though and holding off,  trying to get him on a pre-contract in January could well backfire. If the reported Watford interest in him is true, then it's game over anyway.....he isn't turning them down.  But paying £100k over the odds now could net us a profit 10 times that figure 18-24 months down the line and I think it's worth the risk.

Whilst we still have Ferguson, I can understand why we don't. But we do have a very winnable tie in the Euro Conference 3rd round and getting through that would certainly pay for McGrath outright with the gate monies accrued plus prize money with another gate (hopefully by then in excess of 10k) to come. 

Share this post


Link to post
36 minutes ago, BonnieDon said:

Doig (who has had one full season of football) could potentially leave for 5 million to Leeds this summer. Personally, I think Ferguson is worth 4-5 million.

Curious to hear what others think Ferguson is worth.

A would be upset if he left for 3 million, a would be delighted for 6-7 million

so for me, 5 million is about right

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
49 minutes ago, The Gee Man said:

Perfectly correct, it’s why we should be demanding more for Ferguson as there is limits on players for EPL and English Championship clubs to go for, the days of robbing Scottish clubs on the cheap should be over 

Priti Patel made the limit of 26500 per annum or you cannot work in Britain as a European!, the club like any business holds the persons right to work in Britain and work visas are obtained through the home office, footballers wages easily make that target. Shouldn’t be a problem in that sector

Share this post


Link to post
18 minutes ago, Dons79 said:

A would be upset if he left for 3 million, a would be delighted for 6-7 million

so for me, 5 million is about right

5 million is probably a good estimate...if he went for lower than that id be very disappointed...he doesn't seem to enjoy the fact he's playing for a bigger Scottish team as his lack of a committedcelebration showed last week..understandably he wants go progress and we can't be against him for that...bigger status, more money....Scotland place...but it has to be right for us, he is hands down our most gifted player and will be a massive loss so we need to cover like for like so get what he's worth or more

Share this post


Link to post
17 minutes ago, Dons79 said:

Priti Patel made the limit of 26500 per annum or you cannot work in Britain as a European!, the club like any business holds the persons right to work in Britain and work visas are obtained through the home office, footballers wages easily make that target. Shouldn’t be a problem in that sector

Bit more complicated i think, alright for top players who have played over 70% of international games not so easy for others https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/football/2020/dec/28/football-and-brexit-a-guide-to-the-new-rules

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, The Gee Man said:

Perfectly correct, it’s why we should be demanding more for Ferguson as there is limits on players for EPL and English Championship clubs to go for, the days of robbing Scottish clubs on the cheap should be over 

I’d be thinking then that we don’t be going for many foreigners then, as we won’t be able to get the ones that get work permits easy so will be more British players coming in 

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, thurso said:

I’d be thinking then that we don’t be going for many foreigners then, as we won’t be able to get the ones that get work permits easy so will be more British players coming in 

I’m sure there will be exceptions and the market will open up, but it is definitely a different market due to Brexit than  a few years ago and we should be taking advantage as a selling club for Ferguson 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, BonnieDon said:

Doig (who has had one full season of football) could potentially leave for 5 million to Leeds this summer. Personally, I think Ferguson is worth 4-5 million.

Curious to hear what others think Ferguson is worth.

The more I watch him the better I think he is. He’s as good as frimpong and ajer who both left Celtic for over 10 million. 
We will get no where near that but should be getting over 5 million id say 7 million maybe even higher 

Share this post


Link to post
14 minutes ago, thurso said:

The more I watch him the better I think he is. He’s as good as frimpong and ajer who both left Celtic for over 10 million. 
We will get no where near that but should be getting over 5 million id say 7 million maybe even higher 

Not a single credible soul on earth, when given the choice between signing Ferguson or Ajer, would pick Ferguson. Not one. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, perthshirered said:

Not a single credible soul on earth, when given the choice between signing Ferguson or Ajer, would pick Ferguson. Not one. 

Probably not because they play different positions and that’s why I didn’t say we should get 13 million for Ferguson but I’d rate him just as highly 

Share this post


Link to post

Can see Watford signing McGrath for minimal fee & loaning him back to St’s until end of current contract, maybe we should offer fee & loan him back until Jan. then if we sell Ferguson maybe try get him earlier 

Share this post


Link to post

Ferguson is  'worth' what a team will pay for him. Which depends a lot on transfer merry go round kicking off in England in the next few weeks.

I think he could easily play in the EPL which makes £3 million total robbery

Share this post


Link to post
18 hours ago, Tord31 said:

Someone said they were skint? 

And of course he's going no where until McInnes gets a new job

anyway why you two picking up on whether shinnie would sign for us as opposed to mcinnes not being the manager

What the fuck are you on about? 

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Bournemouth Gee said:

Would Hamilton be due anything if Ferguson goes?

Not a cent

Share this post


Link to post
22 minutes ago, Bournemouth Gee said:

Would Hamilton be due anything if Ferguson goes?

Yes

Share this post


Link to post
56 minutes ago, Bournemouth Gee said:

Would Hamilton be due anything if Ferguson goes?

Development fees I think it’s called

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, DelMonte said:

What the fuck are you on about? 

He's gone full tord, again. Happens around this time of year, every year. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, DelMonte said:

What the fuck are you on about? 

Don't worry Delboy

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Bournemouth Gee said:

Would Hamilton be due anything if Ferguson goes?

5% of the transfer fee is divided pro rata between all clubs he has played for from age 12

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Ten Caat said:

5% of the transfer fee is divided pro rata between all clubs he has played for from age 12

Fucking Sevco, then…..

Share this post


Link to post
16 hours ago, thurso said:

The more I watch him the better I think he is. He’s as good as frimpong and ajer who both left Celtic for over 10 million. 
We will get no where near that but should be getting over 5 million id say 7 million maybe even higher 

I honestly can't see us getting more than £4m for him. The fact Watford apparently tested the water with just £2m suggests it'll end up being somewhere between £2-4m (probably £3m). He is significantly better than Cosgrove, and also McKenna, so we should be holding out for £3-4m with sell on clause and everything else you'd expect these days. The main thing counting against him is that he hasn't got a Scotland cap yet. If he hangs around for the rest of this season, scores double figures again, catches the eye in big games, and bags a Scotland cap, then we might be looking at £5m+

Share this post


Link to post

£100 mil for squeelish??

£3-4 mil for Ferguson FFS?

Villa may even come in for him now what a bargain

Share this post


Link to post

The monte carlo of the North East iirc 

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, King Street Loon said:

Don't think he ever moved away did he?

Aye he moved to Dundee 2 or 3 years ago. Moved back to Kingswells to a house a stone’s throw from where he used to dwell. Will no doubt be looking at a career in the oil industry post football.

Edited by sooth_stander

Share this post


Link to post
52 minutes ago, Bournemouth Gee said:

£100 mil for squeelish??

£3-4 mil for Ferguson FFS?

Villa may even come in for him now what a bargain

It's crazy, but that's the way it is. £4m to clubs in Scotland is probably the equivalent of about £50m to a club in England when you take into account TV and sponsorship money etc. To clubs like us £4m makes a big difference - no English team will offer £10m when they know we'll accept less. If they can't get players like Ferguson for £3-4m they'll just move on and buy elsewhere.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...