25 minutes ago, DD1903 said:

What are you basing this on?

I think Tord thinks if he keeps saying it often enough, it’ll be true.

No harm to Virtanen but at 22(?), if he’s not made it by now he never will. 

44 minutes ago, DD1903 said:

What are you basing this on?

Tord doesn't need to justify himself to any of us. If he believes it, then it's true.

tumblr-o16n2k-Blp-X1ta3qyvo1-1280.jpg

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Genuinely think our best chance of getting McGrath is if we offer them McLennan &/or Kennedy for free & continue paying their wages. Loan until end of contract basically but make it permanent on paper so they have chance to sell either if they want. 

Add a small fee if needed to make up to their realistic valuation. 

doubt they would go for basic loan as they have no sell on benefits if either somehow managed to attract interest.

Joking aside rgds their ability but maybe a club like St Mirren would work for them

edit, also the likes of McGeouch/Ojo

just as St Mirren who they want 🤣

Iv not watched enough of him but is McGrath that good. I can’t even remember him, I’d rather we were ambitious and pushed the boat out and went for Ali McCann 

17 minutes ago, thurso said:

Iv not watched enough of him but is McGrath that good. I can’t even remember him, I’d rather we were ambitious and pushed the boat out and went for Ali McCann 

He’s shown more for St Mirren than Kenny McLean did. Look how that turned out.

59 minutes ago, King Street Loon said:

Tord doesn't need to justify himself to any of us. If he believes it, then it's true.

tumblr-o16n2k-Blp-X1ta3qyvo1-1280.jpg

This is true! 

he'll be away posting the same on pie n bovril, ab mad and donstalk looking for someone to agree

1 hour ago, thurso said:

We have enough “Ali McCann types”.

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, Dave Bus said:

He’s shown more for St Mirren than Kenny McLean did. Look how that turned out.

Kenny mclean was standing out for st mirren from about 19 and did we not buy him at 22. 

14 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

We have enough “Ali McCann types”.

Ali McCann is more attacking than anything in midfield than we have except maybe Ferguson 

17 minutes ago, thurso said:

Kenny mclean was standing out for st mirren from about 19 and did we not buy him at 22. 

Ali McCann is more attacking than anything in midfield than we have except maybe Ferguson 

Even if Fergie went for £3m+, I doubt we’d pay the £1m fee St Johnstone are looking for.

I’d rather spend about £400k on McGrath. 

7 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Even if Fergie went for £3m+, I doubt we’d pay the £1m fee St Johnstone are looking for.

I’d rather spend about £400k on McGrath. 

1 million for McCann would be better value than 4 hundred thousand for McGrath. I recon we would make more on McCann in the future 

4 hours ago, thurso said:

Or push the boat way out for Jeyson Chura. 

I agree. Move the dead weight. I'm all for Fergs getting sold at the right price. McCrorie could step right into the midfield along with brown. I'm still in Deano's corner. But I'm all for moving dylan, ojo, etc.

Chura type signings are a good way to do business. Develop and sell on. 

Ronnie has a goal and seems to be getting a chance in ATL.

Keep the pipeline open.

Fit's the deal with Hedges then? 

Injured or down the road for transfer talks? 

2 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Rumours Blackburn have moved for him.

54 minutes ago, PondHopper said:

Or push the boat way out for Jeyson Chura. 

I agree. Move the dead weight. I'm all for Fergs getting sold at the right price. McCrorie could step right into the midfield along with brown. I'm still in Deano's corner. But I'm all for moving dylan, ojo, etc.

Chura type signings are a good way to do business. Develop and sell on. 

Ronnie has a goal and seems to be getting a chance in ATL.

Keep the pipeline open.

Never heard of him is he any good 

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

He was at the game today. Glass said he picked up a knock from the Hacken match on Thursday which is why he wasn't in the squad.

If he is being sold I hope its for a minimum of 1 million. I'd be reluctant to let him go unless we receive a very good offer. I think we'll struggle to replace him.

Same applies to Ferguson. If Hibs are receiving 5 million for Doig, we should be expecting the same amount for Ferguson. Another player I think we should hold off from selling this summer.

Edited by BonnieDon
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, thurso said:

Never heard of him is he any good 

Something like 4 goals and 2 dimes for his club team in 9 games. They are at the top of the table. Plus his call up to the senior nt at 19. I'm sure ATL UTD is well aware of how he's coming on

16 minutes ago, King Street Loon said:

Cheers. Will be a loss. Hopefully we're getting decent dosh and Glass gets a bit to splash. 

15 minutes ago, BonnieDon said:

He was at the game today. Glass said he picked up a knock from the Hacken match on Thursday which is why he wasn't in the squad.

If he is being sold I hope its for a minimum of 1 million. I'd be reluctant to let him go unless we receive a very good offer. I think we'll struggle to replace him.

Same applies to Ferguson. If Hibs are receiving 5 million for Doig, we should be expecting the same amount for Ferguson. Another player I think we should hold off from selling this summer.

Thanks. 

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, thurso said:

Stuff McCann. He missed a pent to screw up my predictor ;)

Edited by afc1903mad

14 minutes ago, BonnieDon said:

Good post I agree with the most of it but if anywhere near 5m for Ferguson then 👋

41 minutes ago, King Street Loon said:

Also the hun looking at him.

25 minutes ago, Don Fonte said:

Also the hun looking at him.

Where are you hearing that?

20 minutes ago, BonnieDon said:

None of your business.

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, BonnieDon said:

Rumours of sevco's interest in hedges has been around since they signed Wright. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, DD1903 said:

Rumours of sevco's interest in hedges has been around since they signed Wright. 

Sevco can suck my ass. I’d be happy to let Hedges go for free next summer than sell him to them now, even for £1m

He was pitchside during the warm up so it probably is believable that he failed a fitness test

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

He was pitchside during the warm up so it probably is believable that he failed a fitness test

Glass sounded genuine enough about him being injured.

Was quite sarcastic about it saying something like “if you saw the game on Thursday you won’t surprised to know he took a painful kick”.

2 hours ago, afc1903mad said:

Stuff McCann. He missed a pent to screw up my predictor ;)

He’s great he missed a pen to help my predictor 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, sooth_stander said:

Sevco can suck my ass. I’d be happy to let Hedges go for free next summer than sell him to them now, even for £1m

If the money was reinvested into that next prospect I'd be all for it regardless of what club he's headed to. 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, BonnieDon said:

Doig wasn’t in Hibs squad today and is off according to Ross. Rumour is it’s only 3 million plus add ons and Burnley are in pole position not Watford, not that you claimed it Watford

Edited by Hoofball

On 8/1/2021 at 4:51 AM, King Street Loon said:

I think Ferguson will stay for one more year.

Both McGeouch and Kennedy are available as you say.

We need to get rid of the 'surplus' in the team. That's the likes of Kennedy and McGeouch, probably Ojo as well despite him impressing the management team. Cormack mentioned in the podcast with Spiers that our wage budget is higher already than last season.

We need to lose the dead weight to get players in who will improve the starting eleven. 

Kennedy, Ojo & McGeouch will all be on big bucks... would surely give us much more room to manoeuver if we could offload them.