1 hour ago, Tord31 said:

Now that weve found our third striker tonight (JET) we can now focus on signing our second choice striker.

Not even joking

I'm not sure it's so much a second or third choice striker... it's just a striker who can offer something a bit different that we need. Some games will suit JET alongside Ramirez, whilst other games would suit a more pacey forward who can link up and run in behind. Ramirez is certainly the main man - he's formed a good partnership with JET already, but we need a different type of striker so we can mix it up a bit.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Ach strap yourselves in for the ride. 

Let's just outscore everyone. 

Life's too short to worry about defenders. 

Goals and end to end excitement will get the fans in - much rather with 3-2 whilst going out to attack, than a boring 1-0 McInnes style win. We've scored more in the first 4 games of this season than we managed in about half a season of McInnes.

14 minutes ago, Don_Corleone said:

Goals and end to end excitement will get the fans in - much rather with 3-2 whilst going out to attack, than a boring 1-0 McInnes style win. We've scored more in the first 4 games of this season than we managed in about half a season of McInnes.

We're far from perfect but it's great to see us go after teams. 

We'll no doubt have days when it all goes wrong and we get a bit of a doing but it's nice to look forward to watching our games again rather than feeling obliged to endure them. 

Only way I would accept the thumb in would be on loan (to save celtics blushes) but with them paying his wages. 

He’s basically downed tools with them for past two seasons (for whatever reasons) & he would only get worse attitude if he came to us. Unless he wanted to prove they fkd up loaning him out.

he will likely be loaned to Hibs though.

10 minutes ago, Chester Don said:

Let’s try and get Liam Lindsay, believe still at Stoke, lindsay and Gallagher at the back would be great.   Even if it’s a loan with an option to buy.  Then another Central Forward

You believe wrong. 

He signed permanently for Preston in early June for an undisclosed fee, 

But even before then, he was a £3million signing for Stoke. And £3million players command wages that are way beyond our wage structure sadly

1 minute ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Any word it the Ferguson sub? Strange if tactical & not a knock. Even though it worked out if it was tactical 

Why would he need to justify it other than it was tactical?

Ferguson got a free ride for too long under Mcinnes. There were loads of games he was toiling or playing crap yet Mcinnes never hooked him. If he wasnt performing as per Glass' instruction or not having a good game, absolutely take him off. No doubting hes one of our best players but he has had some stinkers too. 

• Upvote 5

I was concerned that Glass had his favourites, based on him not changing things up between games, but him taking off JET and Ferguson at HT makes me think he will be ruthless when he needs to be, particularly taking Ferguson off. 

He did say that there will be changes for the Livi game, so hopefully we'll see Gallagher in the starting 11, Gurr coming in for Ramsey (give him a break), and Mcgeough getting a start. It would be great if we had some fresh faces coming in, but seeing as it's Friday, I can't see it. 

28 minutes ago, StandFree1982 said:

I was concerned that Glass had his favourites, based on him not changing things up between games, but him taking off JET and Ferguson at HT makes me think he will be ruthless when he needs to be, particularly taking Ferguson off. 

He did say that there will be changes for the Livi game, so hopefully we'll see Gallagher in the starting 11, Gurr coming in for Ramsey (give him a break), and Mcgeough getting a start. It would be great if we had some fresh faces coming in, but seeing as it's Friday, I can't see it. 

With you on Mcgeough and Gallagher starting (and potentially Mclennan too) - but under no circumstances do i want to see Gurr starting. 

33 minutes ago, StandFree1982 said:

Why give Ramsay a break? 

1 hour ago, Ten Caat said:

You believe wrong. 

He signed permanently for Preston in early June for an undisclosed fee, 

But even before then, he was a £3million signing for Stoke. And £3million players command wages that are way beyond our wage structure sadly

If there’s any chance of us paying a fee it’ll be around £250k max for the likes of Jamie McCart or Connor McCarthy 

Just now, WesthillWanderersFC said:

If there’s any chance of us paying a fee it’ll be around £250k max for the likes of Jamie McCart or Connor McCarthy 

Has our recruitment team (Mowbray, Glass, Brown, Russell, Apaloo and Cormack) really had enough time together to make an assessment on those players (or similar lesser known scottish based players)?

2 hours ago, dazzy_deff said:

Why would he need to justify it other than it was tactical?

Ferguson got a free ride for too long under Mcinnes. There were loads of games he was toiling or playing crap yet Mcinnes never hooked him. If he wasnt performing as per Glass' instruction or not having a good game, absolutely take him off. No doubting hes one of our best players but he has had some stinkers too. 

Was only asking if he’d gotten injured ? ffs

also added it was strange if tactical as he was having a decent game. It worked out ok but he normally does a better job in middle than McRorrie so was a gamble keeping him on 

all good that Glass has clearly got bigger balls than Mcinnes to make changes

14 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Was only asking if he’d gotten injured ? ffs

also added it was strange if tactical as he was having a decent game. It worked out ok but he normally does a better job in middle than McRorrie so was a gamble keeping him on 

all good that Glass has clearly got bigger balls than Mcinnes to make changes

Posts before yours stated Glass confirmed it was tactical. 

McCrorie didnt go into midfield though so what relevance does that have? 

53 minutes ago, dazzy_deff said:

Posts before yours stated Glass confirmed it was tactical. 

McCrorie didnt go into midfield though so what relevance does that have? 

Who gives a fk ?‍♂️ I didn’t read back.

all info really needed was if it was an injury or not.

is this your methadone replacement for lack of dildos & -1’s ?

8 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

Ferguson’s hun wanker dad spouting off on Open Goal about a gentlemen’s agreement that hasn’t been kept. Cunt.

Fk him. We paid for him  & could have ended up paying extra all depending on the tribunal so fk any ‘gentlemen’s agreement’ if those cunts aren’t honouring their ‘gentleman’ side by expecting us to accept far less than his value. We are a business after all