4 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

McCann might have been a viable target this time last season, if we had offered somewhere north of £500k. But we had a surfeit of midfielders so he wasn't a necessity.

He's now well out of our price range, although St J aren't getting £3m for him either

Totally agree on both counts 

They'll probably deal at about 1.5

1 hour ago, ThomohawkKid said:

Has anybody confirmed the injuries?

X-ray required to confirm a broken bone. If that's what they were suspecting it will have been done by now. The club won't hide it if he has indeed broken his leg/ankle but might not release it for a day or two

An ultrasound scan would be required to confirm a hammy pull or tear. Physio will likely do that tomorrow. I doubt the club will confirm anything about the results of it at all.

1 hour ago, DelMonte said:

Realistically the club won’t panic buy before Thursday. If we sign anyone it’ll surely be someone we had lined up already.

I think there are a few factors that’ll determine who we bring in.

I think we’ll wait until the 26th to see if we are in the group stages in Europe before finalising the squad.

If we somehow get past Qarabag, that should mean a better quality player comes in. 

If Ferguson is sold. Again that’ll increase the pot for the manager.

On 8/13/2021 at 9:31 PM, Ten Caat said:

Well hes earning precisely £0/week right now as Burnley released him at the end of last season and as far as I can see none else has signed him up.

But I'd imagine it's just twitter rumours being twitter rumours

Watford and Cardiff wanting him - we would have no chance even if it was true that we wanted him. However, its all stemmed from him following Scott Brown on twitter. Wacky. 

Doubt we'll sign anyone before Thursday - I guess we'll be travelling out today or tomorrow as it's a looong flight. If anything happens I'd guess it'll be announced Friday or Saturday. But more than likely we'll be waiting to see whether or not we progress - I'd expect we'll have an A list of 2 or 3 players to go for if we get through, and a B list of a couple of players to go for if we don't. Selling Ferguson would maybe be the other factor in determining which list we sign from.

1 hour ago, BonnieDon said:

The 19 year old Tait from Raith Rovers looked very decent against us. Didn't look out of place at all. Exactly the type of young player we should be signing IMO.

Dylan Tait? Aye, heard his name mentioned last season, along with the other Raith Rovers player Regan Hendry

Even if he is contacted till 2024, surely we could strike a deal with Raith?

Wage bill is maxed out. We need to move players on before we can bring players in. Glass paying the price for McInnes bringing players in on longterm and silly wages. On paper it was a good idea to tie players down long term, but new manager comes in with different ideas on players and changes have to be made. Difficult just now to operate in the market with such restrictions. 

30 minutes ago, King Street Loon said:

Wage bill is maxed out. We need to move players on before we can bring players in. Glass paying the price for McInnes bringing players in on longterm and silly wages. On paper it was a good idea to tie players down long term, but new manager comes in with different ideas on players and changes have to be made. Difficult just now to operate in the market with such restrictions. 

Glass IS paying the price for McInnes’ onerous contracts but he has exacerbated that by giving McGinn and Devlin new contracts. Plus one or two others like Gurr and Jenks, even if on loan…

Kennedy will surely be away this week? 
And I wouldn’t be surprised if McGinn moves on too, I doubt he will be on big dough here with his new contract and maybe a move Stateside would suit him? Atlanta or otherwise…….

27 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

Suddenly a bit of a cluster fuck. Amazing what one game does.

Been clear were short of a centre half and a striker but the 2 injuries yesterday have exacerbated the situation ?

The board like to bang on about aiming to be a top 100 uefa club so they really need to put their money where their mouth is this week and get at least one quality signing in before Thursday 

43 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Glass IS paying the price for McInnes’ onerous contracts but he has exacerbated that by giving McGinn and Devlin new contracts. Plus one or two others like Gurr and Jenks, even if on loan…

Kennedy will surely be away this week? 
And I wouldn’t be surprised if McGinn moves on too, I doubt he will be on big dough here with his new contract and maybe a move Stateside would suit him? Atlanta or otherwise…….

Just checked Uefa website and Kennedy is still registered for us so far (the list will be from Friday night). Next chance to register or unregister players is Wednesday night.

12 minutes ago, NEM said:

Been clear were short of a centre half and a striker but the 2 injuries yesterday have exacerbated the situation ?

The board like to bang on about aiming to be a top 100 uefa club so they really need to put their money where their mouth is this week and get at least one quality signing in before Thursday 

Wednesday night would be the deadline for signing players for the second leg but in reality it will be tonight for signing players for the first leg as the flight is tomorrow morning.

39 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

Just checked Uefa website and Kennedy is still registered for us so far (the list will be from Friday night). Next chance to register or unregister players is Wednesday night.

Wednesday night would be the deadline for signing players for the second leg but in reality it will be tonight for signing players for the first leg as the flight is tomorrow morning.

We won't be signing anyone. Just have to hope we can defend better and get over the line. 

39 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

Is that right? I thought Wednesday was the deadline for registrations for the  entire PO round. So if not registered by Wednesday night he wouldn't be eligible for the return leg either if signed between the 1st and 2nd legs.