2 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

I think his Dad was unwell during Covid and that's why they've decided to move home.

Yeah that’s what I was told. This bid was always going to happen but expected the bid to go in before the start of the season. The fact that there isn’t a clause for a Scottish club means that I don’t think we will get anywhere near his value for Hibs to accept unfortunately. Even if we bid 1m I don’t think they would accept. Wonder what they value him at? 

2 minutes ago, slippers said:

Yeah that’s what I was told. This bid was always going to happen but expected the bid to go in before the start of the season. The fact that there isn’t a clause for a Scottish club means that I don’t think we will get anywhere near his value for Hibs to accept unfortunately. Even if we bid 1m I don’t think they would accept. Wonder what they value him at? 

Tell the cunts we'll give them £600k or Atlanta will activate the clause then loan/sell him to us anyway.

Fuck Hibs!

• Haha 1
32 minutes ago, slippers said:

You don't think we've been speaking with the player's agent before firing in the bid then?

The release clause may well be "complicated" but it hasn't put us off and it seems the loon himself wants to join. Hibs will be determined not to lose him because they've just confirmed that Doidge is out for the first half of the season but let's see what Boyle's next action is. He'll probably say all the right things in public but if he wants this move, there will be a way of pushing it through.

Will be hilarious watching the Hibs seethe when it happens

49 minutes ago, starryfish said:

The interest in Boyle was there long before Sunday.

Not enough to bid before now though. I’m sure we’re interested in lots of players, doesn’t mean we are going to try and sign them all.

Something must have forced our hand to look a bit more seriously at him now. I’m guessing it’s the injuries to Hedges and Hayes.

We’ll never get him for £500k though unless we can pull a fast one with Atlanta. They owe us after what we’ve had to put up with with Hernandez, Gallagher and now Gurr.

20 minutes ago, Andy_123 said:

Not enough to bid before now though. I’m sure we’re interested in lots of players, doesn’t mean we are going to try and sign them all.

Something must have forced our hand to look a bit more seriously at him now. I’m guessing it’s the injuries to Hedges and Hayes.

We’ll never get him for £500k though unless we can pull a fast one with Atlanta. They owe us after what we’ve had to put up with with Hernandez, Gallagher and now Gurr.

Not even a remote chance we’re getting one of Hibs best players, at his peak, and with 2 years left on his contract, for £500k.

And folk suggesting we pull a fast one with Atlanta can forget that too… the MLS transfer window closed on August 5th. 

1 minute ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Not complaining if DC wants to splash the cash but half a million for a 28 year old seems odd. Seems more appropriate to spend that on a player we can sell on in a few years for more or at least similar. 

The “buy low, sell high” strategy doesn’t seem to apply to AFC at the mo.

Maybe in yrs 2 and 3 of Dave’s new vision, it will do and for now, he’s concentrating on getting experienced bodies into the building. 

Has Darren Mowbray started at AFC yet?

I’m not so fussed about his age, more I feel he’s in a purple patch and we might end up with an expensive mistake. His whole career has been dogged with no end product in his crossing or scoring - a speedboat without a driver. However, his form last season and the start of this is superb, but I’d worry the previous 10 years is what he will revert to, when we’re at a time of trying to play good football with players who don’t give up easy possession. Would love to be wrong. Would be worth it just for the meltdown in Leith.

4 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Not complaining if DC wants to splash the cash but half a million for a 28 year old seems odd. Seems more appropriate to spend that on a player we can sell on in a few years for more or at least similar. 

Glass already said earlier on in the season that he's happy to bring in a player "of that age" because it's less of a gamble. Having a bit of a dig at McInnes signing players on long contracts who were pish  and cost us a fortune to pay off.

Albeit, he's talking about 25-26 year olds and not 19-22 year olds. 

“Bringing a player of that age, they’re not on crazy long contracts, and I think it’s less of a gamble than bringing in a 25, 26-year-old on a three-year contract and it doesn’t work out after six months to a year.

11 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

I used to think that but if he scores 15 goals a season and gets double figures in assists its hard to argue against the signing. Cant see us managing to get this over the line as the fee would be way more than 500k. 

If we were going to try to use Atlanta to exploit the contract clause we would surely have had done it a few weeks back when the MLS window was still open. It seems strange to have waited until after Sundays game if this was a move that has been in the planning for ages.

I'd guess we now know Hedges is going to be out for quite a long while and thought we would chance our luck and see if Boyle would say to Hibs that he wants to move and doesn't want to play for them (which i think is highly unlikely but would be delighted if it did happen).

But at the same time its possibly a bit of a PR stunt from DC to say to the fans to stick with us after the shit show that was Sundays game and that we are still ambitious to improve and will spend money if the right player can be found.

1 minute ago, SupportmeansSUPPORT said:

If we were going to try to use Atlanta to exploit the contract clause we would surely have had done it a few weeks back when the MLS window was still open. It seems strange to have waited until after Sundays game if this was a move that has been in the planning for ages.

I'd guess we now know Hedges is going to be out for quite a long while and thought we would chance our luck and see if Boyle would say to Hibs that he wants to move and doesn't want to play for them (which i think is highly unlikely but would be delighted if it did happen).

But at the same time its possibly a bit of a PR stunt from DC to say to the fans to stick with us after the shit show that was Sundays game and that we are still ambitious to improve and will spend money if the right player can be found.

Even if he did want to leave they would be mad to accept anywhere near 500k. Agree with last paragraph, shows that we will hopefully sign a player or 2 before the end of the window and there is money available if needed.

7 minutes ago, SupportmeansSUPPORT said:

I'd guess interest in Ferguson is more the thing that has changed rather than Hedges injury.

1 minute ago, Ten Caat said:

Totally agree

and further to that end Jamie McGrath still doesn't have a move yet.

Ferguson and Kennedy out, and a couple of youngster loaned out. Boyle, McGrath and a striker in. Loads of money in the bank for a monster centre back in January.

34 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

I'd guess interest in Ferguson is more the thing that has changed rather than Hedges injury.

Very possibly.  This 500k must be coming from somewhere.  It could well be that Ferguson could be off sooner rather than later.   It would give is a bit of time to source 2-3 players before the second leg.   ( if we are allowed to do that )  Boyle obviously ineligible but hopefully not the only one we have bid / enquired about.  

4 minutes ago, Kiriakov33 said:

Very possibly.  This 500k must be coming from somewhere.  It could well be that Ferguson could be off sooner rather than later.   It would give is a bit of time to source 2-3 players before the second leg.   ( if we are allowed to do that )  Boyle obviously ineligible but hopefully not the only one we have bid / enquired about.  

Deadline is Wednesday 11pm for the PO round but I doubt any players are joining or leaving in the next day or so.

1 hour ago, SupportmeansSUPPORT said:

There’s no question that DC is very clever in “manipulating” the media. Those rumours about Del before the Hibs game, leaked to Tom English and Richard Gordon….no doubting where those leaks came from. I think this Boyle story could be coming from the same source.

And, DC is on very good terms with Ron Gordon. Maybe backs are being mutually scratched, for beneficiaries in other areas?

Matty Kennedy is in Paisley having his medical so that’s one out the door. I thought maybe the injury to Hedges wound have scuppered that loan move but clearly not.