5 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

I'd agree, not sulking, but he does seem to be playing at a reduced tempo / urgency of late.

Its maybe a high bar that he has set, but for me he's dipped below it.

Maybe it is a high bar he’s set but I think he’s been pretty good. Probably have him down as our second best player so far this season 

Just now, thurso said:

Maybe it is a high bar he’s set but I think he’s been pretty good. Probably have him down as our second best player so far this season 

All opinions I guess. I'd have a few in front of him.

Ramsay, by far and away in front. Then I'd have McKenzie, Brown and Ojo ahead of him.

Maybe he squeezes in in 5th, fighting with Considine, Ramirez, Hedges and even McCrorie.

He had a cracking start against Hacken at home, but since then.......

Hacken away - no influential enough

Breidablik away, scored the header, but then hooked at half time

Subbed off at Utd

Average  against Hearts and Ross County

• Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, minijc said:

Nah, just think that it makes sense if we went for him, even if Considine or Devlin was fit, would be a solid investment and provides cover.  

Surely needs game time to progress as well though. Assuming if he did come in it would mean a back 3 (with wingbacks) and a youthful defence

Ramsay - 18 year old RB / RWB

McKenzie - 21 year old LB / LWB

Hamilton - 19 year old CH

Bates - 24 year old CH / McCrorie - 23 year od CH

Gallagher - 30 year old CH

1 hour ago, sooth_stander said:

Even a medical could be done after the window has slammed shut?

Medical could be arranged to be done in Copenhagen by a local doctor. Might not make Mr Clarke too happy but he knows this is deadline day and offers might come in for some of his squad.

They're flying out at 3pm from Edinburgh, not much more than an hour's flight so plenty time over there for it to take place

32 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

hahah fair enough then but i'd still rather have a winger....

IF ferguson goes we could easily use that cash to get a winger. Most likely gonna see Kennedy leave I reckon as Glass doesn't seem to rate him, does leave us a wee bit short in terms of out and out wingers 

12 minutes ago, minijc said:

Nah, just think that it makes sense if we went for him, even if Considine or Devlin was fit, would be a solid investment and provides cover.  

Agree.

Succession planning.

Could be Considine’s last season. Even if it isn’t, we should be looking at a long-term replacement. Jamie Hamilton may be it. 

Bates is young enough too, at 24. 

In an ideal world a fast winger or a good no10 comes in but very unlikely - can’t afford to do it all in one window probably. 

I hope Ferguson does go and I hope George is correct with the "BIG" signing in centre mid. Very little being speculated but Ferguson isn't in any of the video montages of Scotland squad training so it could well be on. From what I heard Hamilton was an option but we choose Bates as figure was alot lower. Dont think Hamilton will happen. 

3 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Medical could be arranged to be done in Copenhagen by a local doctor. Might not make Mr Clarke too happy but he knows this is deadline day and offers might come in for some of his squad.

They're flying out at 3pm from Edinburgh, not much more than an hour's flight so plenty time over there for it to take place

Could easily be signed subject to passing a medical surely.

7 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

Surely needs game time to progress as well though. Assuming if he did come in it would mean a back 3 (with wingbacks) and a youthful defence

That would be my thinking too (the game time bit). Don't think we will go back to the back 3 thing again though.

Under normal circumstances I think we'd sign him and immediately loan him back to Hamilton for 6 months but we are so short of central defensive cover that I don't think we could risk doing that

4 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Why are they having international games at the end of the window 

16 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

All opinions I guess. I'd have a few in front of him.

Ramsay, by far and away in front. Then I'd have McKenzie, Brown and Ojo ahead of him.

Maybe he squeezes in in 5th, fighting with Considine, Ramirez, Hedges and even McCrorie.

He had a cracking start against Hacken at home, but since then.......

Hacken away - no influential enough

Breidablik away, scored the header, but then hooked at half time

Subbed off at Utd

Average  against Hearts and Ross County

Personally I’d have Ramsay way out in front Ferguson and brown pushing pretty close to each other for second and third then Mackenzie then Ramirez hedges considine mcrorie. Lewis has had a couple of mistakes but also some really good saves so have him in there just below 

2 minutes ago, Joe pike said:

Could easily be signed subject to passing a medical surely.

But needs to be registered today (i think in Scotland we allow a couple of hours beyond the official close of the window for medicals to be completed)

If not registered before then a player wouldn't be able to play until the next window opens. So would be pretty pointless signing them on that basis

19 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

IF Hamilton come in !! we are are starting to look good defensively 

Considine maybe has a decision to make . Do right by the club and walk away or maybe take a roll in the coaching staff

Devlin should absolutely walk away.

Would like another winger , we may have to try and get a tune out of McGinn from the bench. 

Think we are still short of an out and out striker to back up Rameriz . Samuels maybe good in a two up front or on the wing.

Will be interesting to see who leaves . Glass may need another window to get where we need to be but overall I think we are shaping up nicely 

6 minutes ago, thurso said:

Why are they having international games at the end of the window 

Technically they aren't. The window will be shut when the games take place. We are "unfortunate" this time to have one less than 24 hours after the close of a window....but there will be teams playing on Thur/Fri who it (potentially) has less of an effect on

But I think international games breaks are arranged years in advance anyway

Just now, Ten Caat said:

Technically they aren't. The window will be shut when the games take place. We are "unfortunate" this time to have one less than 24 hours after the close of a window....but there will be teams playing on Thur/Fri who it (potentially) has less of an effect on

But I think international games breaks are arranged years in advance anyway

With teams meant to have closed bubbles for Covid surely they won’t want other drs coming in from outside to do the medical. Or if someone does get sold would they Scotland drs just do it 

35 minutes ago, thurso said:

Interesting point. I had Ferguson down as very disappointing this season, especially after the first couple of games where he excelled. But on reflection I agree, it’s hard to find a list of players who’ve been consistently better than him.  Perhaps it’s been the confusion around where he should be playing ( pushing up or dropping  back) or just my high expectations of him. Or maybe there’s just a massive hun tinge about the whole thing now that makes me conclude cunt.

Just now, Sydney_Red said:

Interesting point. I had Ferguson down as very disappointing this season, especially after the first couple of games where he excelled. But on reflection I agree, it’s hard to find a list of players who’ve been consistently better than him.  Perhaps it’s been the confusion around where he should be playing ( pushing up or dropping  back) or just my high expectations of him. Or maybe there’s just a massive hun tinge about the whole thing now that makes me conclude cunt.

I would say it’s the last sentence 

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, slippers said:

Some absolutely disgusting rumours being discussed on other forums. 

Jake Mulraney

Rangers in for Ferguson with Brandon Barker a option for us if we don't get Mulraney in.  

Edit - Mulraney was still in American last night so thankfully looking like some sort of sick joke!

That would be Scott Wright all over again.

Trying to destabilise us and buying completely the wrong player in the process. 

27 minutes ago, redstrummer said:

Considine maybe has a decision to make . Do right by the club and walk away or maybe take a roll in the coaching staff

Considine has no decision to be made. Yet.

As a club legend, there should be no pressure and full commitment to help rehabilitate.

Only once that's completed (and I'd guess nearer Easter than Christmas), then a decision could be made as to whether there is a need for him.

I personally want to see Andy in a Dons shirt again, even if its just a farewell end of season game. His last game shouldn't be getting injured on a shite pitch in Baku.

He's also shown already that he's stepped in for coaching sessions at the youth groups, so no issue with him continuing as part of the coaching team