3 hours ago, super_al said:

I am more filled with dread rather than excitement over our upcoming summer rebuild. 

I just hope the next signing is a marquee one. If its not I fear for season ticket sales.

Calm down min.  What's filling you with dread? 

Its nae mark mcghee taking Jerel Ifil and Rohan Ricketts on trial. 

Guest milne_afc
6 minutes ago, Zeus said:

?

Was a whole bunch of random trialists that summer iirc.  All about goals 5 a side level 

Fucking Apu from the Simpsons got a game at one point.

15 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

I’d wait until the squads are in place for next season before making any judgements.

Hobs for example might have sold Nisbet & Porteous by then?

£3million for Nisbet and at least £1million for Porteous. They'll be allowed to re-invest a decent amount of it on replacements without totally blowing their wage structure. Could go either way. 

As you say pointless making any rash judgements before we see who Cormack allows Glass to bring in.

Honestly Hibs have been pretty average this season also, we have been as bad this season as I have seen us since the Mcghee era, we had a good 10 week spell at the start of the season and  since then we have been pathetic. I reckon Hibs will finish probably 3-9 points ahead of us. We beat them well in the first 2 games we played them this season also. With some good signings over the summer I will be expecting us to be ahead of Hibs next season. Hibs usually follow up a good season with a poor one. there fans were calling for Ross's head earlier this season after all

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

£3million for Nisbet and at least £1million for Porteous. They'll be allowed to re-invest a decent amount of it on replacements without totally blowing their wage structure. Could go either way. 

As you say pointless making any rash judgements before we see who Cormack allows Glass to bring in.

Jack Ross does like to nick a few Aberdeen targets when he has the stronger budget.

Mcinness’s revenge attempts in Ojo & the two managers love of McGeouch has been pretty CRINGEY 

Hopefully Glass is above this petty signing rivalry ?

32 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Be very interesting to see how much Hibs are willing to risk pushing the boat out for Europa compared to our shambolic approaches to it. Especially regards the trickle of single signings in before each round too late to make any kind of impression really as a unit.

Seen as the parameters are completely different than our circumstances for example, if they win the cup, they will automatically be in the playoff round for the Europa league.we had 3 qualifying rounds to compete with to get to the playoffs.if they fail then they are automatically in the new Europe competition starting in the group stages.

so how can you compare or contrast what they do in relation to our failed attempts?

5 minutes ago, Dons79 said:

Seen as the parameters are completely different than our circumstances for example, if they win the cup, they will automatically be in the playoff round for the Europa league.we had 3 qualifying rounds to compete with to get to the playoffs.if they fail then they are automatically in the new Europe competition starting in the group stages.

so how can you compare or contrast what they do in relation to our failed attempts?

They have to win the cup first. The cup that has St’s name on it. (One or other)

42 minutes ago, Kiriakov33 said:

Will give this a bump as WW mentioned on another thread he had heard a wee rumour about a possible signing this week.  Could do with some positive news after the last week.  Only guess I have is Gallagher from Motherwell ?  

Or Campbell maybe but would imagine a CH or striker is more likely right enough.

Could just be the usual BS rumours starting earlier than expected since the season is over early & boredom is creeping in

4 minutes ago, ThomohawkKid said:

McGrath is the type of player we need- attacking minded and a bit of flair but equally can drop in and graft. Just a question of would be thrive or sink being a smaller fish in a bigger pond.

15 goals this season. Feels like that’s more than our entire teams scored ?

Under contract until summer next year though so would cost a fee