24 minutes ago, Wester Hailes Skins said:

Ha ha. The giants of Aberdeen and Hibs rubbing our faces in it. Both clubs are smaller and less successful in my adult life. Thanks though. #Fergieyears ?

"in my adult life" ... is this an actual metric for measuring success?

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Wester Hailes Skins said:

Ha ha. The giants of Aberdeen and Hibs rubbing our faces in it. Both clubs are smaller and less successful in my adult life. Thanks though. #Fergieyears ?

Why don’t you go and join that other Edinburgh nodding donkey in her bunker, Adolf Sturgeon the little dictator mouthpiece who escaped a jail sentence after her performance in the salmond case after her Buddie Lord Hamilton the bent QC got her off.     

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
  • Dildo 2
2 hours ago, Wester Hailes Skins said:

Not very successful at avoiding relegation though - TINPOT AS FIUCK

2 hours ago, Wester Hailes Skins said:

Strangely enough we have never been into administration, whether in your lifetime or your great grandfathers' lifetimes and any time in between.

Hibs of course were liquidated in 1991 and formed a newco (bizarrely incurring no penalties that newco huns would a mere 20 years later. Indeed it barely got a mention at all in the press.). Hearts only went into administration so you can certainly say that you are the same club, albeit shafting your creditors to the tune of something like 3p in the pound. EDIT....hmmm you actually might not be the same club after all....I've just seen it claimed that Hearts were liquidated in the early 1900s and formed a new company. And Hibs did the same around the same time and actually spent time out of the league. So that's 2 liquidations to Hibs, 1 liquidation and 1 administration to Hearts. And nothing at all to us.

But in my lifetime, both Edinburgh's clubs have bounced up and down between the top division and the one below on a pretty regular basis. We managed to avoid doing so in the years we were shite due to cutting costs to avoid suffering the financial fates that your club and Hibs did. 

Bigger....better.....and more successful. That's AFC

1 hour ago, Tord31 said:

No chance of getting Gauld but it does seem that he is on a free transfer. Sporting, Braga and Boavista all in for him. Fair play to the lad

You never know.  He may be sick of the Portuguese lifestyle , culture and climate and want to get involved in the Glass revolution..  or maybe not..  

Just now, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Lets be honest. We have both underachieved. 

But at least Aberdeen aren't in Brechin City's shadow

Yeah. I think all of Aberdeen, Hearts, Hibs and Utd haven't done well enough. Even if it meant Hibs getting the occasional cup win, we should all be doing better and sharing more. St J are putting us all to shame. Good on them. Hope they get a cup double cos it'll put pressure on all our Boards. 

Quadruple trebles and all that bullshit should never happen. 

The dislike for Brechin is really their Chairman, and Scottish football mafia. Brechin fans probably couldn't give a fuck about Hearts. (Queue Westhill with a wee funny. Surely.) ANY fan that rejects the Glasgow two to support their local team deserves praise. But that doesn't mean the Chairman of a wee mob like Brechin has a seat on the Board of Scottish football. 

Anyway. Despite the baiting, I hope we're all strong next season. Scottish football is at its best when it's a strong set of teams outside Glasgow. Broonie will add spice to our Aberdeen fixture. I look forward to giving him a nice wave at Tynie. 

• Dildo 3
7 minutes ago, Wester Hailes Skins said:

Yeah. I think all of Aberdeen, Hearts, Hibs and Utd haven't done well enough. Even if it meant Hibs getting the occasional cup win, we should all be doing better and sharing more. St J are putting us all to shame. Good on them. Hope they get a cup double cos it'll put pressure on all our Boards. 

Quadruple trebles and all that bullshit should never happen. 

Anyway. Despite the baiting, I hope we're all strong next season. Scottish football is at its best when it's a strong set of teams outside Glasgow. Broonie will add spice to our Aberdeen fixture. I look forward to giving him a nice wave at Tynie. 

Amen to that, min. 

Agree completely 

RG's agent; "Ryan, delay your decision on the offers fae Sporting, Braga and Porto, the dons are on the phone" 

Sounds like a realistic shout. 

Goodwin saying he's had 3 clubs from England and 1 club from Scotland on the blower enquiring about McGrath. No cash on the table yet from any of them and no names mentioned as to who these teams might be.

However McGrath's team-mate Tait pretty much confirms it was us who are the Scottish side...quoted as saying "Aberdeen would be a great move for him"

Goodwin says that offers of £100k or even £200k will not be enough to tempt them to sell

8 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Goodwin saying he's had 3 clubs from England and 1 club from Scotland on the blower enquiring about McGrath. No cash on the table yet from any of them and no names mentioned as to who these teams might be.

However McGrath's team-mate Tait pretty much confirms it was us who are the Scottish side...quoted as saying "Aberdeen would be a great move for him"

Goodwin says that offers of £100k or even £200k will not be enough to tempt them to sell

100k + mcgeough

3 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Is McGrath any better than Motherwell’s Campbell? Who will only require compensation fee?

Flip of a coin really. A shitload of penalties added to exaggerate his abilities & potential value? Much like the vastly overrated Orc cunt Travenier 

1) different style & type of players. 

2) the compensation for Campbell would be around the same as McGrath would it not? 

11 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

I've not seen an awful lot of McGrath but when I have he's looked decent. 

Creative player, good passer. Comfortable playing further up the pitch as an attacking midfielder. 

Would be a good addition if the price is right. We'd definitely have far too many midfielders though.  Ferguson being sold? 

How many “no 10’s” do we have though?

Hedges (if he stays?) 

McGinn possibly/probably freed? 

McGrath for Ferguson wouldn’t be like-for-like. 

2 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

How many “no 10’s” do we have though?

Hedges (if he stays?) 

McGinn possibly/probably freed? 

McGrath for Ferguson wouldn’t be like-for-like. 

We don't have any. 

McGrath strikes me as an 8 rather than a 10 though.   But I'd have to watch him a bit more as I've only seen him 3 or 4 times, twice against us but I was more focused on our guys those nights