1 hour ago, Hoofball said:

Paying 200k for a player when they could’ve just got him to sign a pre contract, fuck all obvious about that

Plenty teams would have been offering a pre-contract. They bit the bullet and paid a couple hundred grand to show him they really wanted him and he also got a much larger wage for the second half of the season. Maybe clinched his signature.

1 hour ago, Don Fonte said:

Plenty teams would have been offering a pre-contract. They bit the bullet and paid a couple hundred grand to show him they really wanted him and he also got a much larger wage for the second half of the season. Maybe clinched his signature.

That much larger wage could easily have been added up and included in his signing on fee. 

They could’ve also gave him the equivalent of transfer fee as well. 

37 minutes ago, Hoofball said:

That much larger wage could easily have been added up and included in his signing on fee. 

They could’ve also gave him the equivalent of transfer fee as well. 

It could have, it wasn't though.

Norwich obviously saw reason on doing it as they did as did McLean.

1 hour ago, Donmacca said:

Just seen Charlie Mulgrew had left Blackburn and I'm getting the fear. Would be a very DM type signing and worried that after being linked to Robertson again we would look at him.

Would not surprise me at all if he ended up here again. 
Pals with Brown and will be one of those “experienced pro’s” that Glass has mentioned he’s after. 

31 minutes ago, NEM said:

Jesus what a grim choice 

An over the hill child neglecting wage thief or a make up wearing hun poof 

This signing chat is starting to really make me feart!, surely we are going to go for better than this?, doesn’t need to be amazing but those two are just garbage, may as well shout out Gallagher, jered ifil, and forrester back and shut the fucking door.??

2 minutes ago, Dons79 said:

This signing chat is starting to really make me feart!, surely we are going to go for better than this?, doesn’t need to be amazing but those two are just garbage, may as well shout out Gallagher, jered ifil, and forrester back and shut the fucking door.??

We've not been linked with Mulgrew. 

There should be two threads on this forum

Genuine rumours /links 

and

Completely made up shite 

• Haha 2
18 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

I'd rather have Mulgrew for one season than Robertson for the rest of his career.

Mulgrew is very decent standard for our league and can certainly play from the back.

Are you forgetting his last 6 months here when he downed tools? No danger we should go anywhere near him 

6 minutes ago, NEM said:

Are you forgetting his last 6 months here when he downed tools? No danger we should go anywhere near him 

Totally hypothetical we are signing Mulgrew so it's hardly relevant. I just see him as a better player reflected by the last five scotland managers.

23 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

I'd rather have Mulgrew for one season than Robertson for the rest of his career.

Mulgrew is very decent standard for our league and can certainly play from the back.

If the way we plan to play now is to have a back 4 with both our full backs pushed on and we are going to leave our 2 centre backs to defend one v one, they are going to have to be quick and mobile, want to attack the ball on the ground as well as being strong in the air to attack balls in the air. We saw against United in the cup game that playing centre backs that don't have pace, who prefer to sit off and who are used to defending the box as oppose to 40 yards up the park just isn't going to work. As much as Hoban and Considine were horrific that day they were also hung out to dry by naïve tactics and by being asked to play in a way that they just simply were not capable of achieving.

I have worries on whether Declan Gallagher is really going to be able to play this style of defending as I think he was also more suited to the DM preferred style of defending deep too but we can be absolutely 100% certain that Charlie Mulgrew definitely cant play this way. He might be better at passing it out but he has even less pace than Considine and has never been the best at actual defending.

If we were looking for a left centre back, I would have thought Jimmy Dunne from Burnley would be a good option if he was willing to come up here. I believe that if he was to move to another club down there that Burnley would be due quite a considerable amount of compensation. but unless the rules have changed I believe as we are classed as cross border we could sign him possibly for free or certainly a very small amount of compensation.

• Upvote 2
Just now, SupportmeansSUPPORT said:

If the way we plan to play now is to have a back 4 with both our full backs pushed on and we are going to leave our 2 centre backs to defend one v one, they are going to have to be quick and mobile, want to attack the ball on the ground as well as being strong in the air to attack balls in the air. We saw against United in the cup game that playing centre backs that don't have pace, who prefer to sit off and who are used to defending the box as oppose to 40 yards up the park just isn't going to work. As much as Hoban and Considine were horrific that day they were also hung out to dry by naïve tactics and by being asked to play in a way that they just simply were not capable of achieving.

I have worries on whether Declan Gallagher is really going to be able to play this style of defending as I think he was also more suited to the DM preferred style of defending deep too but we can be absolutely 100% certain that Charlie Mulgrew definitely cant play this way. He might be better at passing it out but he has even less pace than Considine and has never been the best at actual defending.

If we were looking for a left centre back, I would have thought Jimmy Dunne from Burnley would be a good option if he was willing to come up here. I believe that if he was to move to another club down there that Burnley would be due quite a considerable amount of compensation. but unless the rules have changed I believe as we are classed as cross border we could sign him possibly for free or certainly a very small amount of compensation.

Jimmy Dunne was total class. His positional play. Aerial ability. Tackling. Pace. Comfort on the ball. Played LCH for us although right footed. Didn't show. 

Him and Souutar plus one other in a back 3 would be ?

On our fans wish list but got to be honest. A bench player for an established EPL outfit, he'd get 10k plus a week in the Championship if his agent is any good. Saying that, went to Fleetwood and chased out by Barton. Think for sharing his views on Barton too widely. 

If he did come up here, would be irate if Aberdeen got him and Budge, Robbie and Savage watched that happen. 

• Dildo 1
15 minutes ago, SupportmeansSUPPORT said:

Dunne is 23 now (and will be a couple of months short of 24 by the time next season starts) so there shouldn't be a fee involved as it is a cross border transfer. Can't see when his contract expires though.

My only reservation is that he's a Premier League player and will have wages that reflect that status, even if he has only racked up a grand total of 6 appearances for Burnley in that time (he has had 5 loans and made a total of 88 appearances for those teams). You would imagine that he's not going to get another contract with Burnley so he might well consider top end SPL a better career option than lower Championship or EFL clubs. But I think he'd be asking for wages that place him around the same as Lewis gets, perhaps  even more

2 minutes ago, Wester Hailes Skins said:

Edinburgh Evening News saying a 500k development fee would be due to Motherwell for Campbell. He's confirmed he's leaving Motherwell. Personally can't see Hearts, Hibs or Aberdeen writing a cheque for that. Likely go down south to sign for English giants Luton Town. 

Of course the Edinburgh Evening News could be wrong.

He could also be signed by Atlanta and then loaned to us ;)  

5 minutes ago, Wester Hailes Skins said:

Edinburgh Evening News saying a 500k development fee would be due to Motherwell for Campbell. He's confirmed he's leaving Motherwell. Personally can't see Hearts, Hibs or Aberdeen writing a cheque for that. Likely go down south to sign for English giants Luton Town. 

The Luton manager strongly denied any interest in him the other week after the Retard printed that they were in for him

I agree nobody up here is paying that for him.....except if they sold another player themselves to fund it. Ferguson for example

29 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

The Luton manager strongly denied any interest in him the other week after the Retard printed that they were in for him

I agree nobody up here is paying that for him.....except if they sold another player themselves to fund it. Ferguson for example

Should have kept the McCrorie money for Campbell far better midfielder although he cannot play at the back like Ross. !!

4 minutes ago, Wester Hailes Skins said:

Jimmy Dunne was total class. His positional play. Aerial ability. Tackling. Pace. Comfort on the ball. Played LCH for us although right footed. Didn't show. 

Him and Souutar plus one other in a back 3 would be ?

On our fans wish list but got to be honest. A bench player for an established EPL outfit, he'd get 10k plus a week in the Championship if his agent is any good. Saying that, went to Fleetwood and chased out by Barton. Think for sharing his views on Barton too widely. 

If he did come up here, would be irate if Aberdeen got him and Budge, Robbie and Savage watched that happen. 

Not convinced about the 10k a week. After Hearts, he didn't command a regular game at Sunderland and again he was in and out at Fleetwood where it was Harry Souttar who was the one who got the rave reviews.

1 hour ago, Ten Caat said:

Dunne is 23 now (and will be a couple of months short of 24 by the time next season starts) so there shouldn't be a fee involved as it is a cross border transfer. Can't see when his contract expires though.

My only reservation is that he's a Premier League player and will have wages that reflect that status, even if he has only racked up a grand total of 6 appearances for Burnley in that time (he has had 5 loans and made a total of 88 appearances for those teams). You would imagine that he's not going to get another contract with Burnley so he might well consider top end SPL a better career option than lower Championship or EFL clubs. But I think he'd be asking for wages that place him around the same as Lewis gets, perhaps  even more

Confirmed in the local news a few days ago that he still hasn't signed a new contract and they will get compensation if he goes to an English club. Just wasn't sure if the loophole had been closed on cross border signings going for free.

https://www.lancs.live/sport/football/transfer-news/burnley-transfer-news-jimmy-dunne-20541470

• Like 1