4 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Spent the defensive budget on Gallagher I reckon. 

Bet he got a decent whack to sign on here. 

We need a quick central defender.

Gallagher is a good defender but he’s slow.

If we are to play high up the pitch, as Glass has suggested, the likes of Gallagher & Considine don’t like a lot of space in behind them. 
Robertson wasn’t quick if I remember rightly either. 

13 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

If we sign Robertson then that's yet another season for Consi in the first team. He will comfortably oust Robertson.

Which just makes it completely pointless signing Robertson. 

Anybody coming in has to be Considine’s clear replacement otherwise we'd be better spending the money elsewhere in the team

2 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:
6 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Which just makes it completely pointless signing Robertson. 

Anybody coming in has to be Considine’s clear replacement otherwise we'd be better spending the money elsewhere in the team

Consi, Gallagher, Robertson and Devlin will be our central defenders next season. Nice.

3 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Clark Robertson to train & have a look round Cormack Park apparently, maybe later this week or next week.

According to Richard Gordon.

Sadly 

Saw Robertson in BOD earlier getting into a big Merc, could have been his old man he was with or his Agent maybe

Guest milne_afc
2 minutes ago, NEM said:

One of Robertsons hun fanny mates been threatening folk on instagram for telling Clark he's not welcome ?

Link?

3 minutes ago, milne_afc said:

Ha! 
Same question from me, your honour.

No idea just got sent a screenshot. I certainly don’t follow the fat cunt

....... and the hun rat wouldn’t have received that poofy reply if he’d threatened me ?

1 hour ago, ThomohawkKid said:

He might be for left back as am no convinced McKenzie is a first choice anytime soon. Like a don’t want Robertson but just putting the theory out there if the rumours true. Defo need a first choice lb 

Tend to agree. Ramsay looks the real deal but whilst MacKenzie did well last night, I'm not convinced he's our left back for next season, got caught out a few times last night but got away with it. Maybe 6 months on trial at a good level would bring him on. At 21, he should have played far more 1st team games by now.

I reckon Hayes will avoid the axe next season (probably moreso due to the wages we are due him) so a proper qualified LB won't be signed, if we have Hayes/Consi/Robertson/MacKenzie there already

Ramsay HAS to to start v the Huns at the weekend. Show them what a real young RB is, none of this Nathan Paterson overhyped shite

• Upvote 1
29 minutes ago, Sheepo said:

Not getting the negativity towards MacKenzie as he was comfortably our best player tonight, he has played about 5 games and he has improved every time, I am pretty sure he will start next season at left back and right so

Yeah, maybe so. Send him to Atlanta for the summer, or to Scandinavia, to get some decent games under his belt, before returning here next season. Either way, doubt we'll be siging a new LB.

On the other side of defence, we can't expect Ramsay to play every week next season but we have McCrorie there as cover.

At the end of the day, its all down to best utilising the overall budget, and what the priorities are. Full backs would be way down the list, we still have much more important square holes to fill, hopefully with  square pegs.

There is obviously a huge rebuild to do, one which won't be accomplished in one transfer window. May well be the season after next before we see the remants of the McInnes years completely bulldozed. I just hope Glass, who'se not exactly starting from a comfortable position, given the negatativity surrounding his appointment from some quarters (mine included) is given that time, space and most importantly, finance, to do the job.

• Upvote 1
11 hours ago, Tord31 said:

If we sign Robertson then that's yet another season for Consi in the first team. He will comfortably oust Robertson.

Aye thats a fair point

When you think of how crap Scotland are at international level in that position, Robertson is absolutely nowhere near the national team. In fact in McKenna, Considine and Gallagher we got, had or are getting most of them! 

I think its tough to judge a centre back cause there's generally not that many good ones these days. Grant Hanley will be captain of an EPL side next season ffs