7 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

I've got a feeling we might end up loaning someone up that end of the pitch. 

We'd really need to pay a transfer fee for someone to meet the expectations folk have of an acceptable striker which are pretty high.  Bringing in someone on a permanent basis that is a recognised goalscorer and not the other side of 30 isn't going to be cheap. 

I don’t think our expectations are ‘high’ as such. Just that we have little faith in getting what we SHOULD be entitled to expect at a club like ours. The levels of ‘expectations’ has been strongly shat on for years to a level where we jizz over players like Marley Watkins (an average Caley player in all honesty) as a fantastic signing.

punish folk long enough with shite ‘treats’ & they are delighted with even a meager improvement on them.

expectations have been very much lowered if anything but the board will class our wishes as ‘unrealistic’ as that is what has been drip fed into the mentality from all angles since the 90’s

• Upvote 1

I’m sure I read Martindale saying that if JET was to join another British club there would be a fee involved. 
There’s no way we should be paying a fee for him.

Also I wouldn’t be paying a fee for any of the on loan players. But that did look like the intent from Glass’s statement in the EE.

Honestly can’t be fucked if our striking options are JET, Hendry & Anderson.

18 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

I don’t think our expectations are ‘high’ as such. Just that we have little faith in getting what we SHOULD be entitled to expect at a club like ours. The levels of ‘expectations’ has been strongly shat on for years to a level where we jizz over players like Marley Watkins (an average Caley player in all honesty) as a fantastic signing.

punish folk long enough with shite ‘treats’ & they are delighted with even a meager improvement on them.

expectations have been very much lowered if anything but the board will class our wishes as ‘unrealistic’ as that is what has been drip fed into the mentality from all angles since the 90’s

Aye but there's folk on here saying they don't want the likes of Griffiths so the bar is high. 

I think expectation has never been higher for a striker for as long as I can remember. Someone to come in and spearhead the new era. 

It's hard to think of anyone that would satisfy everyone. 

51 minutes ago, slippers said:

If we end up with that as a strike force both Glass and Cormack should be hung drawn and quartered for the stuff they have said in media.

So who do you think we will get or be able to afford that’s the marquee signing ? 
just intrigued 

We did have a chance of getting nisbet and look how that’s panned out for hubs 

yes I didn’t think he was that good against us the other night but sellable definitely , do a job currently yes 

yet another who was passed on , I’m very surprised that this new era has not changed our recruitment system or staff 

13 minutes ago, Redtaz2 said:

So who do you think we will get or be able to afford that’s the marquee signing ? 
just intrigued 

Griffiths is the only striker in Scotland that we may have a chance of securing and would fit the bill. No other striker that is marginally realistic would meet expectations. 

I’m not a football scout but I hope we are actually looking at Europe. If we are being told that we are potentially looking to speculate to accumulate that 3 strikers together are completely unacceptable. 

I wouldn’t of been so adverse to said strikers had cormack and Glass not given us all hope for the summer. 

46 minutes ago, Redtaz2 said:

We did have a chance of getting nisbet and look how that’s panned out for hubs 

yes I didn’t think he was that good against us the other night but sellable definitely , do a job currently yes 

yet another who was passed on , I’m very surprised that this new era has not changed our recruitment system or staff 

The worry for me is that we’ll be leaning on Russ Richardson even more now than we were under McInnes.

McInnes will have a better knowledge of the British market than Glass. 

5 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

The worry for me is that we’ll be leaning on Russ Richardson even more now than we were under McInnes.

McInnes will have a better knowledge of the British market than Glass. 

Surely Alan Russell has a decent bit of knowledge especially on striker front. It really doesn’t say much for him if we are recruiting the likes of Cole and Jet. 

According to Aldo on Aberdeen Mad, Griffiths is definitely not signing for us. Going by his comments JET and Robertson is happening. 

If he does sign I imagine JET will be no more then backup. He'll probably offer more then current group of strikers including Main and Cosgrove.

If Hibs do sell Nisbet and sign Griffiths I'd argue that would be the best bit of business in this coming summer transfer window.

2 hours ago, North_Andy_Dandy said:

I’m sure I read Martindale saying that if JET was to join another British club there would be a fee involved. 

Also I wouldn’t be paying a fee for any of the on loan players. But that did look like the intent from Glass’s statement in the EE.

He's 30, and turns 31 this year

Under what rule would a fee be applicable? Not that I'm advocating signing him, even for free

2 hours ago, North_Andy_Dandy said:

The worry thing is that some in here want these players signed

34 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

He's 30, and turns 31 this year

Under what rule would a fee be applicable? Not that I'm advocating signing him, even for free

I think he has an option in his contract to leave if it’s a team outside of the UK but that Livi have a clause to extend his contract to force a fee from a British club. That’s what I took from what he said anyway.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.scotsman.com/sport/football/international/why-its-unlikely-aberdeen-will-sign-jay-emmanuel-thomas-this-summer-3236702%3famp

53 minutes ago, BonnieDon said:

According to Aldo on Aberdeen Mad, Griffiths is definitely not signing for us. Going by his comments JET and Robertson is happening. 

If he does sign I imagine JET will be no more then backup. He'll probably offer more then current group of strikers including Main and Cosgrove.

If Hibs do sell Nisbet and sign Griffiths I'd argue that would be the best bit of business in this coming summer transfer window.

Robertson is happening. I just don’t get why we would go after someone like him considering how much football he’s missed with injuries. I hope he’s not a top earner. 

Jet im actually not completely against if he’s a squad player. Completely against it if he’s a starter. He is the type of player that can offer something different. 

21 minutes ago, slippers said:

Robertson is happening. I just don’t get why we would go after someone like him considering how much football he’s missed with injuries. I hope he’s not a top earner. 

Jet im actually not completely against if he’s a squad player. Completely against it if he’s a starter. He is the type of player that can offer something different. 

Glass has a big notice on his office wall, from Mchunis.  (Attention Of   Steven ). Accident   and Emergency at ARI  is where you’ll sign your best players. I Did.    Love Derek. 

• Haha 1
  • Dildo 1
2 hours ago, slippers said:

Griffiths is the only striker in Scotland that we may have a chance of securing and would fit the bill. No other striker that is marginally realistic would meet expectations. 

I’m not a football scout but I hope we are actually looking at Europe. If we are being told that we are potentially looking to speculate to accumulate that 3 strikers together are completely unacceptable. 

I wouldn’t of been so adverse to said strikers had cormack and Glass not given us all hope for the summer. 

A reasoned answer slippers ?

Refreshing change from some posters 

56 minutes ago, slippers said:

We’re not signing any squad players. Any player signed should theoretically be classed as a first pick. That came straight from the managers moo.

I’m not that offended by Clark Robertson to be honest. Cunts being playing regular in the championship. The same league we’ve lost a number of our best cunts to. 

a Scotland regular and an English championship regular coming in is hardly a disaster. 

I can’t really think of anyone better who is realistic, but would certainly be fine to sign an improvement 

16 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

I’m not that offended by Clark Robertson to be honest. Cunts being playing regular in the championship. The same league we’ve lost a number of our best cunts to. 

a Scotland regular and an English championship regular coming in is hardly a disaster. 

I can’t really think of anyone better who is realistic, but would certainly be fine to sign an improvement 

He hasn’t been playing regularly though.

He’s missed more than half of the last 2 seasons with various injuries.

• Dildo 1
17 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

He wasn't that regular.......16 appearances this season

It's a fucking horrendous signing assuming it happens. Pray he fails his medical

4 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

He wasn't that regular.......16 appearances this season

It's a fucking horrendous signing assuming it happens. Pray he fails his medical

Agree.

When you want Considine replaced, but they sign a player worse than him, that’s fucking shite.

Glass & Cormack banging on about “exciting signings” (their words), and they pull this one?... 

• Upvote 2
27 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Then use the loan market, that’s a way of attracting a player that ordinarily you couldn’t afford.

Done it before with Hector, Christie, Maddison etc.

Rather that than sign injury prone shite, such as Robertson 

6 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Agree.

When you want Considine replaced, but they sign a player worse than him, that’s fucking shite.

Glass & Cormack banging on about “exciting signings” (their words), and they pull this one?... 

At the same time Cormack is literally pleading with the people of the NE to come and support the team,  he is signing someone who rejects this notion and instead gives his support to one of the most abhorrent clubs in world football. 

• Upvote 2
33 minutes ago, Ernie McCracken said:

At the same time Cormack is literally pleading with the people of the NE to come and support the team,  he is signing someone who rejects this notion and instead gives his support to one of the most abhorrent clubs in world football. 

It’s not so much he’s a hun.

Its the fact he’s shite, injured a lot, and actually worse than Considine.

So it looks like our four central defenders might be:

Gallagher, Considine, Devlin & Robertson?