2 hours ago, sooth_stander said:

Regarding this Gurr fella......remember how most observers raved about Gallagher after his debut in that European tie? Rapidly went to shit thereafter.....

Wearing me down, all this talk of new signings (“he’s shite, he’s too old, he’s a Hun)

Wake me up, when August comes.....

Love Green Day.

Nah can’t remember that with Gallagher at all, not like it’s mentioned every single time Gallagher is brought up.

On the face of it, signing Jay Emmanuel Thomas isn’t an “exciting signing” or a “sign of intent” as Stephen Glass put it.

His goals scoring record is terrible.

But I suppose we can’t properly judge his signing until we put it into context with whatever other strikers we sign.

If it turns out he’s 2nd or 3rd choice then fair enough, but if the perception is he’s going to be No1 centre forward, then it’s poor.

We’ll see. 

Good luck to him. 

• Dildo 1
34 minutes ago, Kiriakov33 said:

Reported interest in Jackson Irvine.  Out of contract in summer.  Has family up here.  

Apparently his family are Aberdeen fans. He knows Scott Brown from their time at Celtic. 

IIRC MainStandMoan suggested months ago that Scott Brown had two internationalists verbally agree to join. Declan Gallagher was one of them. I wonder if Irvine is the other.

If we do manage to sell Ferguson for "4 million" as the suggested value we are after according to the papers I'd like to see us reinvest that money to sign Irvine, McGrath, Boyle and a decent striker. Watkins would also be welcome IMO.

Unpopular opinion but I still feel we need to replace Lewis.

34 minutes ago, BonnieDon said:

Apparently his family are Aberdeen fans. He knows Scott Brown from their time at Celtic. 

IIRC MainStandMoan suggested months ago that Scott Brown had two internationalists verbally agree to join. Declan Gallagher was one of them. I wonder if Irvine is the other.

If we do manage to sell Ferguson for "4 million" as the suggested value we are after according to the papers I'd like to see us reinvest that money to sign Irvine, McGrath, Boyle and a decent striker. Watkins would also be welcome IMO.

I think it’s unpopular as he’s been class over the years and is one of the top GKs in the league - but people realise this new vision won’t suit him. Liam Kelly the obvious choice for me if we need a good GK that can use his feet - probably the future Scotland no.1

Just now, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Aye, he’s obviously thinking he won’t get game time at Pittodrie

oh well. We can expect 2 more strikers to come in then... 

I'd have thought it would have been a no brainer for Bruce when he found out a 3 year deal was on the table from an spl club whose manager had been after him for ages 

4 hours ago, Robin Askwith said:

Exactly,

The club’s income has been hit extremely hard over the last year or so, yet still some fans are expecting Cormack to fork out on Sergio Aguero like signings.

Get back to Championship Manager on yer PC boys....

Yes it has but the directors, fans, transfer fees and loans have seen as lose very little at end of day. 

Not one person on here is expecting miracles but it would be nice to get a forward that actually has a track record even if it’s at a second or third tier club. 

Always makes me laugh when people ask others on a forum to make suggestions. The club has boasted about scouting network that has been extended to Europe in recent years, how many players have we recruited in Europe in the last 10 years? Remember we would also get the use of Atlanta’s network, which at time said they identified 2 or 3 Morelos type forwards? Talks cheap, it’s time it produced the Goods!  

32 minutes ago, slippers said:

Yes it has but the directors, fans, transfer fees and loans have seen as lose very little at end of day. 

Not one person on here is expecting miracles but it would be nice to get a forward that actually has a track record even if it’s at a second or third tier club

Always makes me laugh when people ask others on a forum to make suggestions. The club has boasted about scouting network that has been extended to Europe in recent years, how many players have we recruited in Europe in the last 10 years? Remember we would also get the use of Atlanta’s network, which at time said they identified 2 or 3 Morelos type forwards? Talks cheap, it’s time it produced the Goods!  

So you would be Happy to sign Mitch Megginson, Rory Mcallister or bring back Stockley

22 minutes ago, Sheepo said:

So you would be Happy to sign Mitch Megginson, Rory Mcallister or bring back Stockley

All of above have average at best records bar Megginson. Why would we sign any of them? Bizarre suggestions. Obviously any player has to fit the profile of being better than what we have or has a big upside. Neither of above fit that category. The above post was referring to a player in lower leagues in foreign league not here or England. 

The boy JET looks strong, quick feet and  has a bit of flair, could see him linking play and holding the  ball up, bringing others into forward advanced positions, also can chip in with some goals.

Reminds me of a certain Eugene Dadi, but better.

Bruce Anderson has potential can score a goal given a chance, seems to be born with this ability or coached at an early stage.

His disadvantage was his height and build, but he could fill out and become stronger if he hits the gym.

Sorry to see him go, but wish him well but at 22 needs game time, and he wants progression in his career, a spot on the bench at Aberdeen wont help with that.

8 hours ago, BonnieDon said:

He mentions his Dad is from Aberdeen in this interview.  When I listened, recently, I got the feeling he was going to be finished at Hibs after the end of the season.  He was really non-committal when asked about his future.  I wonder if Gallagher and Irvine were the two internationals that Brown had tapped up.  Both Celtic youth players.

Irvine would be an absolutely fantastic signing.  A lot of talk about 'intent' signings... this would be one of them.  Off-season is fantasy football time... so i can dream about a midfield of brown, Irvine and McGrath! ?

13 hours ago, BonnieDon said:

2 thoughts.

1) Brown's other international could be Griffiths. Howe not going to be formally appointed until Bournemouth's season is concluded one way or another i.e. he may want some of his backroom staff from Cherries if not promoted. However he will have made up his mind on whether he wants Thumb by now.

2) If, as seems likely, Glass is intent on playing out from back Joe's kicking distribution is atrocious. I have no idea if you can learn to be proficient over a close season but suspect that Joe and our goalkeeping coach may require to be replaced over the summer to ensure this modern approach going forwards.

6 hours ago, Sonoftherock said:

He mentions his Dad is from Aberdeen in this interview.  When I listened, recently, I got the feeling he was going to be finished at Hibs after the end of the season.  He was really non-committal when asked about his future.  I wonder if Gallagher and Irvine were the two internationals that Brown had tapped up.  Both Celtic youth players.

Irvine would be an absolutely fantastic signing.  A lot of talk about 'intent' signings... this would be one of them.  Off-season is fantasy football time... so i can dream about a midfield of brown, Irvine and McGrath! ?

I'd be so disappointed to lose Ferguson but i'd have to say that

Brown - Free Transfer

Irvine - Free Transfer

McGrath - £500k

McCrorie - £750k

Ferguaon - £3.5M

If we could pull that off it would be an absolute no brainer despite my love for Ferguson.

That would leave Ojo, McGeouch, Campbell and Virtanen to battle for 3 squad places in June/July and moving one of them out on transfer/loan in August.

It gives valuable money for the bank and allows some small transfer fees to be paid elsewhere in the team