5 minutes ago, slippers said:

Has Jackson Irvine been that good for Hibs? Don't recall anyone raving about his performances. Would be a decent signing but I wouldn’t quite but it in the exciting signing bracket. 

I would. 

Been very good for Hibs once he got fit. He's a box to box midfielder, decent footballer and a threat arriving late. 

Jackson Irvine would be a huge statement of intent for AFC within our league. 

26 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

I would. 

Been very good for Hibs once he got fit. He's a box to box midfielder, decent footballer and a threat arriving late. 

Jackson Irvine would be a huge statement of intent for AFC within our league. 

I’ll take your word for it. Didn’t stand out against us the other week. Can’t say I’ve watched him much this season other than against us. Feel like it would be a pretty good signing.

47 minutes ago, slippers said:

Has Jackson Irvine been that good for Hibs? Don't recall anyone raving about his performances. Would be a decent signing but I wouldn’t quite but it in the exciting signing bracket. 

I would say they've kicked on since signing him in January.

I laughed at someone on here who said Hibs would definitely get 3rd after they signed him. Not sure who it was... but fuck them anyway

12 minutes ago, Dad said:

I think TC has had a pet die on him or summat - a right miserable bastard these last couple years

Should maybe change his name to Nine Caat then?

If Aberdeen sold both Ferguson and McCrorie for a combined total of 4.8 million I'd love it if we signed Irvine and Alan Campbell as their replacements.

I think we may see a few surprise exits: Ojo and Lewis sold to teams in England and Kennedy used as leverage in the McGrath deal. 

I'm not an ITK'er so didn't bother posting this at the time however apparently we were enquiring (6/7 weeks ago) about Lewis Morgan but I'd imagine thats dead in the water given he's started every game for Inter Miami and appears to be doing well. Was told Declan Gallagher was expected to sign at the time and that we didn't have any interest in Leigh Griffiths.

Agent in cahoots with Watford/possibly sevco. Ferguson has been badly advised but now we have rejected the request, the relationship with the club is now likely irreparably damaged.

I hope Cormack/Glass now have the guts to inform him that until such times as we receive an acceptable offer, he will be playing reserve football only. 

I suspect that he'll  be offski in the next fortnight though, and we'll accept an offer that is a good bit below our "true" valuation

1 minute ago, Ten Caat said:

Agent in cahoots with Watford/possibly sevco. Ferguson has been badly advised but now we have rejected the request, the relationship with the club is now likely irreparably damaged.

I hope Cormack/Glass now have the guts to inform him that until such times as we receive an acceptable offer, he will be playing reserve football only. 

I suspect that he'll  be offski in the next fortnight though, and we'll accept an offer that is a good bit below our "true" valuation

No chance of getting a huge uplift on the alleged £2m now, with buyers knowing he’s desperate to leave & we’d have an unhappy player.

Think he’ll maybe end up going for £2.5m with some add ons.

Hopefully not to the scum. He won’t get much of a game there anyway. 

3 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Strange for Aberdeen to announce this, when there have been fuck all leaks in the media. In an era when there have been more leaks than in a Welsh park

Aye, what was the point in putting it up? To get the news out before the media? 

Or to paint him as a wee shite to soften the blow when he's sold? 

7 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Nae sure min, nae sure.

His mate McInnes leaving has clearly upset the Hun cunt, but unless there has been another bid from someone else rejected, Sevco maybe, then I don't get why (A) the player has handed in the request, and why (B) AFC have released the news.

He'll have the whole summer to engineer a move without the ignominy of handing in a transfer request. Why the rush?

Legally, does that mean he gets fuck all cut of the transfer fee, so that money goes to AFC? He must be helluva confident of a bumper signing on fee somewhere, then?

5 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Nae sure min, nae sure.

His mate McInnes leaving has clearly upset the Hun cunt, but unless there has been another bid from someone else rejected, Sevco maybe, then I don't get why (A) the player has handed in the request, and why (B) AFC have released the news.

He'll have the whole summer to engineer a move without the ignominy of handing in a transfer request. Why the rush?

Legally, does that mean he gets fuck all cut of the transfer fee, so that money goes to AFC? He must be helluva confident of a bumper signing on fee somewhere, then?

Aye looks like the Huns are getting out of dodge. McCrorie will be off too. 

14 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Strange for Aberdeen to announce this, when there have been fuck all leaks in the media. In an era when there have been more leaks than in a Welsh park

10 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Because Bill McMurdo his agent has already talked to the press about and so we tryed to get it put out now before they run the story later tonight that his agent is putting out that we have treated him unfairly and that poor Lewis was told he would be allowed to go to EPL in future if that opportunity came around. Oh And the fee actually offered by Watord was £1.2 million

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/lewis-ferguson-stuns-aberdeen-transfer-24143901

2 minutes ago, SupportmeansSUPPORT said:

Because Bill McMurdo his agent has already talked to the press about and so we tryed to get it put out now before they run the story later tonight that his agent is putting out that we have treated him unfairly and that poor Lewis was told he would be allowed to go to EPL in future if that opportunity came around. Oh And the fee actually offered by Watord was £1.2 million

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/lewis-ferguson-stuns-aberdeen-transfer-24143901

Aye makes sense. 

He's a bit over rated anyway.  And slower than a week in jail.  Cash in. 

12 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Aye makes sense. 

He's a bit over rated anyway.  And slower than a week in jail.  Cash in. 

I don't think he is overrated although not had a great 2nd half to season. He is still a good young player with a lot of attributes but still does have a lot he can improve on. 

£1.2 million is laughable though and i definitely wouldn't be cashing in at that. A reasonable offer though and id be happy to take it. 

10 minutes ago, SupportmeansSUPPORT said:

I don't think he is overrated although not had a great 2nd half to season. He is still a good young player with a lot of attributes but still does have a lot he can improve on. 

£1.2 million is laughable though and i definitely wouldn't be cashing in at that. A reasonable offer though and id be happy to take it. 

Aye he's still a good prospect. 

But he won't be missed as much as say McLean was. 

13 minutes ago, SupportmeansSUPPORT said:

£1.2m is an insult of an offer.

But talk of £4m-£5m is fanciful, that’s over-rating him.

The trouble is we have an unsettled player who wants to leave. To get from the £1.2m to anything around say £2.5m will be difficult. 

£2.5m with add ons & I’d be tempted to deal, on the proviso a good chunk gets re-invested.

You could bring in Irvine & pay a fee for McGrath at St Mirren.

You could even put in a cheeky offer of £500k for Boyle (which allegedly allows us to talk to him). Unlikely he’d come here but if you don’t ask.

Losing Ferguson won’t be the end of the world. 

6 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

£1.2m is an insult of an offer.

But talk of £4m-£5m is fanciful, that’s over-rating him.

The trouble is we have an unsettled player who wants to leave. To get from the £1.2m to anything around say £2.5m will be difficult. 

£2.5m with add ons & I’d be tempted to deal, on the proviso a good chunk gets re-invested.

You could bring in Irvine & pay a fee for McGrath at St Mirren.

You could even put in a cheeky offer of £500k for Boyle (which allegedly allows us to talk to him). Unlikely he’d come here but if you don’t ask.

Losing Ferguson won’t be the end of the world. 

Aye agreed. 

I think he was always likely to leave this summer anyway to help fund the rebuild. 

17 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Aye agreed. 

I think he was always likely to leave this summer anyway to help fund the rebuild. 

1.2 million. !!!!!!!!!,!!!!!!!!!     If anyone else comes in with anything less than 4 million cormack should tell them to go and stick it up their ass.  If he went to Watford, Celtic ,Rangers or any other mega rich club for 2 million he would automatically be worth 6 to 8 million.      Hold the nerve Cormack and company.    The little shit doesn’t deserve to play for the Dons again.    

• Upvote 1

At EPL prices I don't think £4M is too much of an ask - Scottish players have a better currency now and you could creatively put together a highlights package of him that would make him look fairly decent. 

Watford get something like £175M just for getting promoted...