4 minutes ago, theredshed said:

Get him signed ASAP.

Would much rather we got him on a free rather than paying 500k for McGrath, even if it means paying more for his wage.

Not a hope.

He has a pick of clubs that are way ahead of us

5 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Apparently he has more than 30 offers. 

Including Norwich, Stoke, Swansea, Inter Miami 

Add in the better Portuguese teams too apparently. 

3 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

Fair play to Gauld for turning it around over the last two years.

Interesting to see who he chooses between bigger teams in Portugal/Spain versus a move to England

He seems to love life in Portugal, so if one of their big 3 come in, could see him staying there.

Their football maybe more suited to him than Scottish or English football? 

1 hour ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

He seems to love life in Portugal, so if one of their big 3 come in, could see him staying there.

Their football maybe more suited to him than Scottish or English football? 

Interesting that he hasn’t signed a pre contract somewhere, if he’s as decent as he appears to be, as most decent out of contract players are by this stage.

Berahino is on a free transfer after two years in Belgium. Only 8 goals in his first season and 4 goals in the second season. Absolute James Wilson / Nicky Maynard punt but I just fancy this one.

He's managed 47 games in the time so not a complete disaster in terms of minutes.

However I'm presuming we'll be going all out for our first striker, JET will be two and the third one will be complete pish (Hendry, Atlanta spare or bargain bin youngster)

5 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

Berahino is on a free transfer after two years in Belgium. Only 8 goals in his first season and 4 goals in the second season. Absolute James Wilson / Nicky Maynard punt but I just fancy this one.

He's managed 47 games in the time so not a complete disaster in terms of minutes.

However I'm presuming we'll be going all out for our first striker, JET will be two and the third one will be complete pish (Hendry, Atlanta spare or bargain bin youngster)

Don’t think Berahino played as out and out striker though. But I’d also take the leap of faith.

Aye he's picked up minutes wide on each side so has some excuse for the goal return. 

Ravel Morrison similar but not voting for him as much as Berahino.

What a career theyve had literally could rock up in spfl next year playing for Livingston

35 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

Berahino is a basket case 

5 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Not sure he'd much like the sort of money we pay but I guess if you don't ask you don't get

his last two clubs are belgian.

Like JET and like Ravel Morrison he probably is very much within our wage range now

13 minutes ago, Yorston Vasey said:

Portsmouth now after Clark Robertson.

Problem solved.

Been reading about them just now. Have been losing roughly £700k per MONTH (WTAF!!!) and Cowley has been given a much lower budget than his predecessor to mitigate against these losses. 

Hopefully not so much that even Robertson is out of their wage bracket

46 minutes ago, Dons79 said:

Marley Watkins in the P and J agitating for a move up north it seems?

Reckon we tried to recruit Griffiths, didn't persuade him so signed JET. Watkins was good during loan period but would we sign another 30+ striker when the core model is to develop youth and young, up and coming players from elsewhere?.

My thoughts are further enhanced should we give McGinn a contract extension.

4 minutes ago, Woody21 said:

Reckon we tried to recruit Griffiths, didn't persuade him so signed JET. Watkins was good during loan period but would we sign another 30+ striker when the core model is to develop youth and young, up and coming players from elsewhere?.

My thoughts are further enhanced should we give McGinn a contract extension.

Yep agree woody, a think we did try for Griffiths as well, think he will be nesbitts replacement if he goes!, mcginn is a strange one, a couple of cracking goals towards the end of the season there, 1 for us in the cup and 1 for Northern Ireland so he’s definately still got it, but not enough in my opinion, he’s too inconsistent now, a think we could get Watkins on a modest/cheap wage due to his circumstances and can play as a number 10, support striker, striker or winger, so would give good coverage, regarding youth, it’s fine if we have players coming through of quality, like the 2 full backs, Campbell etc, but a feel the wingers we have are shite. 
kennedy- useless

Mcginn-inconsistent 

hayes- had a disaster last 2-3 months

hedges-possibly best attacking option

mclennan- dross utter shite the boy, had years to be able to sort out his shit, he hasn’t, can’t cross, runs into danger at all times.

a complete overhaul in that department is needed I feel

18 minutes ago, Dons79 said:

Yep agree woody, a think we did try for Griffiths as well, think he will be nesbitts replacement if he goes!, mcginn is a strange one, a couple of cracking goals towards the end of the season there, 1 for us in the cup and 1 for Northern Ireland so he’s definately still got it, but not enough in my opinion, he’s too inconsistent now, a think we could get Watkins on a modest/cheap wage due to his circumstances and can play as a number 10, support striker, striker or winger, so would give good coverage, regarding youth, it’s fine if we have players coming through of quality, like the 2 full backs, Campbell etc, but a feel the wingers we have are shite. 
kennedy- useless

Mcginn-inconsistent 

hayes- had a disaster last 2-3 months

hedges-possibly best attacking option

mclennan- dross utter shite the boy, had years to be able to sort out his shit, he hasn’t, can’t cross, runs into danger at all times.

a complete overhaul in that department is needed I feel

If McGinn doesn't stay would agree with Watkins recruitment.

Also agree that Kennedy and McLennan are lost cases and should be punted soonest.

Would give Hedges a contract extension, which would be further enhanced if Watkins returns. They link well together.

To get the best out of Hayes we have to forget playing him at left back and play him much further forward. Hopefully he still has something to offer there.

Although JET gives options we should still recruit a good number nine, with a goal scoring pedigree even if that is in a lower English or Scottish League. If they know where the net is that is something for big Al to work with and develop further.

1 minute ago, Woody21 said:

If McGinn doesn't stay would agree with Watkins recruitment.

Also agree that Kennedy and McLennan are lost cases and should be punted soonest.

Would give Hedges a contract extension, which would be further enhanced if Watkins returns. They link well together.

To get the best out of Hayes we have to forget playing him at left back and play him much further forward. Hopefully he still has something to offer there.

Although JET gives options we should still recruit a good number nine, with a goal scoring pedigree even if that is in a lower English or Scottish League. If they know where the net is that is something for big Al to work with and develop further.

Agree with all of that, aye a would get in a berahino type to play off jet, would be good fodder and think it would strike fear into the opposition in jets physical attributes and quick feet versus berahino pace running channels etc, a would also like Watkins on the wing cutting in and linking with the other forwards as his power would be advantageous for us I feel, it’s all dependent on the budget a suppose

• Upvote 1

Agreed.

Once LF is sold, which is a nap now, reckon that budget will be fine to revamp squad.

If we could also recruit Campbell and / or McGrath, at least one other established defender and perhaps a ball playing keeper that, in conjunction with attacking changes above, should improve things greatly (not sure that big Joe can adapt to the new playing style).

I am also assuming that there will be at least a couple of loan signings from Atlanta, which will, hopefully, be of use as opposed to squad fillers.

4 minutes ago, Dad said:

I've seen Berahino mentioned a fair few times now...is he a realistic target? Changed times by fuck

As other posters intimate his career had stalled playing in Belgium so wouldn’t see why not? but a wasn’t specific to just him and that’s why a said a (berahino type player) somebody mobile quick and knows where the net is.

honestly wouldn’t have a clue if he was affordable 

36 minutes ago, Dad said:

I've seen Berahino mentioned a fair few times now...is he a realistic target? Changed times by fuck

I honestly don't, despite him supposedly having bombed in Belgium twice. I'm sure the wages that we pay aren't anywhere near big enough for him to consider us........but as I said before in the thread.......if you don't ask you don't get.  I reckon he'll turn up somewhere like Charlton or Ipswich having been freed should Charleroi turn down their option to buy from Waregem

25 minutes ago, Dons79 said:

So that’s rooney now won the 2 cups for st Johnstone. We need a right back?. He’s been about the best all season (apart from the hun?), surely would be a good signing?.

Probably a bit too good. He'd hinder Ramsay's progress as we'd need to pay a serious wedge to St J to tempt them to part with him (and would he come anyway? St J win stuff...)

But if he did, we would have to play him having paid out for his signature.

I think we only need an out of contract, cheap as chips  "steady Eddie" to fill in for 15-20 games max this coming season to rest Ramsay regularly. The following season Ramsay won't need the rests and so he becomes Ramsay's absolute understudy.