39 minutes ago, The Gee Man said:

Personally I think the saints result shows Dels biggest failings, he couldn’t build a squad to win trophies. Within a squad you have players that are no messi’s etc and just perform to their best because they believe. Del filled our squad with crocks and players with no determination to succeed, he constantly played players out of position and failed to get players in to fill obvious voids in the squad. SG must do better at building a squad capable of winning trophies. Not by just 1 or 2 marquee signings( tho we need that at the moment) but a squad of 18 or so who give it their all, play in the style we want and deserve 

What a lot of pish. For all the teams failings at the end of mccinnes tenure he signed some really good players and if it wasn’t for celtic having a great winning team we would of won a lot more 

• Upvote 2
  • Dildo 1
20 minutes ago, thurso said:

What a lot of pish. For all the teams failings at the end of mccinnes tenure he signed some really good players and if it wasn’t for celtic having a great winning team we would of won a lot more 

We were knocked out of the cups by plenty teams that weren't Celtic.

14 hours ago, perthshirered said:

Think you are suffering from slight delusions of grandeur. Thoughts of a player from St Johnstone demanding a move to Aberdeen are long gone. If Aberdeen can offer a particular wage then so can some pish from down south. I don't mean to sound offensive but Perth folk would generally be reluctant to  relocating to Aberdeen, Perth is small, and rather shite, but moving to Aberdeen wouldn't stimulate the likes of  Kerr, Gordon, Rooney enough to agitate for a move north. 

Absolute load of shite. I know Jason Kerr and he would jump at the chance to come here.

6 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

We were knocked out of the cups by plenty teams that weren't Celtic.

Yes but I’d guess the team that beat us most was Celtic. The comment was made that mccinnes filled the team with crocks and players with no determination. That’s pish.

• Dildo 1
40 minutes ago, thurso said:

Yes but I’d guess the team that beat us most was Celtic. The comment was made that mccinnes filled the team with crocks and players with no determination. That’s pish.

I think that was true post 2017. 

Prior to that we had a really committed group of guys who just came up short.

I think though, our aggregate score against Celtic at Hampden under McInnes is something like 12-1 and we couldn't even get them into extra time once. 

They were an excellent team but you'd think having the opportunity to play them constantly we'd have found a way at least once. 

Is there anything in the Martin Boyle chat or are folk just suggesting him? 

I couldn't see him moving from Hibs to Aberdeen. Always got the impression he and his family are settled in Edinburgh. Does his partner not play for Hibs women? If anything I could see him being picked up as a squad player for Celtic or Rangers. 

He's brilliant on his day and would be worth the risk if we could bring him in. Dives a bit too much though. Got caught out for that yesterday. 

2 minutes ago, Sheeptastic said:

I couldn't see him moving from Hibs to Aberdeen. Always got the impression he and his family are settled in Edinburgh. Does his partner not play for Hibs women? If anything I could see him being picked up as a squad player for Celtic or Rangers. 

He's brilliant on his day and would be worth the risk if we could bring him in. Dives a bit too much though. Got caught out for that yesterday. 

Him and his Wife are from Aberdeen and are both Dons fans, she actually left the Dons to join him in Edinburgh

4 minutes ago, Sheeptastic said:

Nothing in it.

Folk started suggesting it when the news broke he was available for £500k. At that price there will be a lot of interest. 

He’s 28. I think he’ll see this as his last chance to get a good contract in the English Championship. 

Someone like a Preston would pay him a good bit more than us.

3 years down there & back up to Scotland would be my guess. 

3 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

I genuinely don’t think Boyle is that good. I’d maybe take him if he was out of contract but no chance I’d pay that fee for him. 

He's certainly not all that good but he is certainly very effective in our league

55 minutes ago, redstrummer said:

He'll be off to the Tims

Re  Jason Kerr

The only possible negative  for them as the recruitment of  the highly rated “ jack hendry”and that didn’t work out well for them 

Their recruitment appears to be further afield these days so we might still have a chance 

4 hours ago, thurso said:

Really!! If that’s your thoughts on Dels recruitment over his tenure, you are welcome to it, I 200% do not agree

• Upvote 2
13 minutes ago, Durrant Dived said:

You literally said people from Perth wouldn't want to move to Aberdeen. What has that got to do with Edinburgh ya clown?

Context. If they were offered similar terms down south or elsewhere then in all likelihood they would not choose to up sticks to Aberdeen, ya clown ??

• Dildo 2
5 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Totally.  Someone with double figures for goals and assists this season for 500k?  

No brainer.  Especially when you consider that it costs you 200k to bring in even the most basic of under 23 on compensation. 

Did we not pay something like £400k for Stevie May?

4 hours ago, DelMonte said:

I genuinely don’t think Boyle is that good. I’d maybe take him if he was out of contract but no chance I’d pay that fee for him. 

& you were happy with that

21 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Did we not pay something like £400k for Stevie May?

& you were happy with that

What does Stevie May have to do with Martin Boyle? 

There are absolutely no similarities between the two transfers. 

One is a striker, the other is a winger 

One had just came back from a serious injury. The other isn't. 

One came back from  England. The other has played continuously in this league. 

Can't bring up Stevie May every time Aberdeen pay a transfer fee. 

• Upvote 1
21 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

What does Stevie May have to do with Martin Boyle? 

There are absolutely no similarities between the two transfers. 

One is a striker, the other is a winger 

One had just came back from a serious injury. The other isn't. 

One came back from  England. The other has played continuously in this league. 

Can't bring up Stevie May every time Aberdeen pay a transfer fee. 

The similarities are just the fees required & if they equate to value for money.

Boyle most likely would be relatively worthwhile, or at least worth the risk.

May was not

Hopefully Atlanta are somehow compensating is for the Hernandez UTTER SHAMBLES & as a result we have available funds to risk on more ‘worthwhile’ fees on players.

Boyle may not meet the criteria of ‘worthwhile’ in terms of potential selling on again in future but possibly ‘worthwhile’ in terms of what he may contribute to the team.

The likes of McGrath, Campbell etc. could be potentially ‘worthwhile’ in terms of both team contributions & sell on potential 

1 minute ago, thurso said:

Derek like most managers signed some dross but also signed an awful lot of good players 

With his comparative budget to other clubs in the league he was bound to get lucky with a few but it must be said (especially considering his budgetary advantages) he got some real stinkers in there. 

I do like how you try to trivialise his dross as just ‘some’ yet his good ones as ‘an awful lot’ that would imply a far better hit than miss rate, when in actual fact it was far more heavily weighted towards dross/failures.

1 minute ago, fine-n-dandy said:

With his comparative budget to other clubs in the league he was bound to get lucky with a few but it must be said (especially considering his budgetary advantages) he got some real stinkers in there. 

I do like how you try to trivialise his dross as just ‘some’ yet his good ones as ‘an awful lot’ that would imply a far better hit than miss rate, when in actual fact it was far more heavily weighted towards dross/failures.

So are you saying when he signs a good player it’s lucky but when he signed a shit one it’s bad management. Celtic and the rangers have the biggest budgets even they sign some really crap players so bringing budgets into it is not hitting the mark I think 

maybe I should of said some right shit players but he also signed some really good players to. 

• Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, thurso said:

So are you saying when he signs a good player it’s lucky but when he signed a shit one it’s bad management. Celtic and the rangers have the biggest budgets even they sign some really crap players so bringing budgets into it is not hitting the mark I think 

maybe I should of said some right shit players but he also signed some really good players to. 

No I’m saying he (& his team) were pretty shite as a whole in terms of signings but his scattergun method had a few hits.

His main methodology of signings was terrible. Crocks & journey men for most part but he did get one or two good ones outwith that methodology. Like Rooney, McLean, Cosgrove, Logan, Shinnie. That is pretty much it really.

when you consider how strong a hand he held compared to his ‘competition’ for signings. He was pretty much a failure for most part