3 minutes ago, GeorgeStreetReds said:

Surely we can do better than Martin Boyle.

I used to think that but he’s proven at this level and contributed 15 goals and 10 assists to Hibs last season. That’s miles ahead of anyone in our team. I’d definitely take him now. 

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, BonnieDon said:

If Ferguson were to be sold for 4 million, we'd have made about 10 million from the sale of players in the last 8 months. We've sold all our assets to remain debt free and Cormack realizes Glass needs to be backed. I can honestly see Cormack sanctioning the signing of Campbell, McGrath and Boyle if they want to join. We certainly have serious interest in McGrath and Campbell.

Gurr will likely sign (possibly at the end of the MLS season) and will cost nothing allowing us to put wages towards other signings like Irvine and Clark Robertson. Mackenzie, Campbell, Ramsay, Ross and Virtanen won't be on very much either.

Ojo has done very well at Wigan and we might just accept a nominal fee or a free transfer just to get him off our wages. As for Kennedy they'll be plenty sides interested in taking him if he's available. He'd be a good signing for any side in the bottom six and possibly even St Johnstone or Livingston.

I'm curious about who this striker is that we are after (hopefully not Hendry) and I'm excited to learn who we bring in as our head our Recruitment.

Are you meaning end of MLS season as in November or does the lower league finish earlier?

Gurr surely will come in time for pre season or not at all

10 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

Are you meaning end of MLS season as in November or does the lower league finish earlier?

Gurr surely will come in time for pre season or not at all

USL Championship ends in November. Hadn't realized that. 

He'll be in place for pre-season. It wouldn't make sense for Atlanta to reject our loan request given we've loaned them Hernandez.

Does anyone know if someone is having a medical at Cormack park today? Possible new signing?

19 minutes ago, BonnieDon said:

He'll be in place for pre-season. It wouldn't make sense for Atlanta to reject our loan request given we've loaned them Hernandez.

Does anyone know if someone is having a medical at Cormack park today? Possible new signing?

You wouldn’t have the medical at Cormack Park, would you? Not Albyn Hospital?

53 minutes ago, BonnieDon said:

Mcinnes was found at Cormack park this morning, demanding a medical and brain scan,  he thought he was still in India.  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!    

• Downvote 1
  • Dildo 3
3 hours ago, Sonoftherock said:

Campbell is a strange one... I thought he'd have a club by now?  Really surprised a player of his quality hasn't been tied up by now.  Thought he'd be sorted down south somewhere, months ago...

I think he is not short of offers but still still assessing options as those options may be even wider after this weekend when the play offs down there have been completed and additional lucrative offers may be there depending on the outcome of those games.

I don't think he is even considering staying in Scotland.

Providing Ferguson is gone, hopefully we have a good budget to work with. The below would be a list of some players i'd be targeting from SPL, Lower Leagues, England. Can't offer opinion on players playing abroad.

Current Top Flight Players (or signed to Prem teams):

Players I think could make an impact to the first team or be worth a punt.

Shaun Rooney - would be my no1 target for right back. Probably cost a bit though.

Allan Campbell - no brainer and would be free.

Jamie McGrath - everyone is aware. Looks a talent, probably be pricey. St Mirren won't let him go cheap.

Cammy MacPherson - Also of St Mirren. I've got a lot of CM's on the list which we don't need obviously, but he actually looks a good player. Could be an option if others fall through.

Jason Kerr - looks to be a very decent defender. Done well with St J's but like Shaun Rooney would command a fair fee.

Hakeem Odoffin - probably a lot won't agree. But whenever I see him I actually think he looks not bad. A ball winner in the middle of the park for Hamilton. Wouldn't be the worst punts, he is youngish and looks a lot more mobile than Ojo and the like. We do have McRorie who hopefully will get to cement his place in CM next season in this role.

Jamie Hamilton - again from Hamilton. But young 19 year old Center Back. Played a lot of games in top flight, could be potential there and wouldn't be much outlay in terms of a fee or wages.

Jack Hamilton - spent season on loan at Arbroath from Livi scoring 14 goals I believe. Only 20 years old and again apparently shown potential. 

Dapo Mebude - English born Rangers youngster. Seemed to bang them in for youth teams. However we've had plenty of those and none can seem to make the step up for us so he's maybe no different. Out of contract I believe though but has looked impressive whenever I've seen him. Still only 19.

Sherwin Seedorf - I'll be honest, nae idea what is up with him. He's still young, looked like he had some ability when he played a couple of seasons ago but has barely played. I've seen a lot less of him though recently.

Lower League Players:

These players are of the younger type who could maybe make the step up. Would be small investments but could worth looking at.

Regan Hendry -  Been linked with him from Raith. Looking at reports he looks to be a good player, has links to Brown having been at Celtic. I've seen very little of him to make any sort of thorough assessment myself but he has good reviews from Raith fans and the like. I seen a couple clips where he looked to link up play but that was a 30sec clip of however minutes he's played lolol

Thomas Robert - Airdrie kid. Son of former Newcastle player Laurent Robert. Again, seen zero of him, but getting glowing reviews from some pundits.

Roddy MacGregor - Inverness midfielder. Only 19 but getting rave reviews up north. Be a good investment I think and even loan him back to them. We will only have McGeough, Campbell & McRorie for center mid next season. Oh and Virtanen if he actually gets a chance.

Players in England:

Liam Lindsay - Not had a look in at Stoke this last season. Got loaned to PNE and we've been linked with him before, wages probably an issue but he might just want to get back playing. However given Clark Robertson is more of our target (yawn) then I doubt we will go for him.

Scott Fraser - Midfielder at MK Dons. Would cost a fee but is very highly rated down there. Think he scored double figures from Midfield and maybe even double digit in Assists. Can't remember him when he was at Dundee United a few years back but maybe improved a fair bit.

Loan Players - Plenty of opportunity here. I think with Allan Russel now on board we will have a much larger pool of players to 'scout'. Plenty of talent in some of the EPL youth sides. Young tricky wingers are hard to come by, something which I'd say we are pretty desperate for. Hedges & Ross being our only two. McGinn is getting passed it these days.

1 hour ago, The_Next_Legend said:

Allan Campbell - no brainer and would be free.

Believe we'd be due MOtherwell compensation

1 hour ago, The_Next_Legend said:

Liam Lindsay - Not had a look in at Stoke this last season. Got loaned to PNE and we've been linked with him before, wages probably an issue but he might just want to get back playing. However given Clark Robertson is more of our target (yawn) then I doubt we will go for him.

Thought he was due to sign for PReston?