Hibernian 2 - 0 Aberdeen

Third place is definitely gone now as we have to go to Parkhead twice later this month and even against the current Celtic side that's two surefire defeats. Hibs will be well clear of us after those two defeats. No goals in 4 games is embarrassing on top of the 4-1 humping at Ross County. 

I think even McInnes must realise his time is up here 8 years is a long time. Too long. We are clearly going backwards and I'm pretty sure Cormack doesn't hold him in anything like the same high esteem that Milne did.

Guest milne_afc

McInnes did a good job and deserves respect for restoring a bit of pride. He hit a glass ceiling within his own mentality and his time is up. Cormack needs to put the issue to bed and allow McInnes to leave with what he’s due.

Some of the vitriol is unkind.

Just now, milne_afc said:

McInnes did a good job and deserves respect for doing a decent job. He hit a glass ceiling within his own mentality and his time is up. Cormack needs to put the issue to bed and allow McInnes to leave with what he’s due.

Some of the vitriol is unkind.

Yup. He deserves to go with dignity. Some folk going way over the score with vitriol.

4 minutes ago, ferlaytio said:

Derek McInnes is a narcissistic charlatan.

His first few seasons he had all or majority of Huns/Hibs/Hearts/Utd in the Championship.

We have a massive wage budget. Rising year on year. At £9m pa currently I believe. By far the 3rd highest in the league.

Last 2 seasons we’ve been papped to 3rd by Killie and Motherwell. Embarrassing.

He’s overseen a holiday camp/ boys club atmosphere. That’s why the players have been on side so long.

AFC is easy street. Big wages and a jolly. Banter at training with very little actual quality coaching. How poor are we at corners and crossing? Horrific, seldom beat the first man.

How poor do we start matches? Zero tempo, sluggish, losing out to second balls.

No style of play. Pass it sideways between the back, then 5 yard pass into midfield and then back to the defender. Repeat process then lump forward.

Cormack Park has compounded easy street for the players. Now even more of a holiday camp. No coincidence our form has been shocking since CP opened.

A quality coach/manager would use those facilities to hammer home professionalism and properly coach and improve players.

We will see exactly the cretin McInnes is once he’s finally gone. Mark my words.

Pretty much exactly as I have been saying for years 

• Dildo 1
29 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

As long as the new manager is already lined up & gets good opportunity to see what is required for next season (which is a fk load) then it doesn’t really matter if McInnes goes now or at end of season. Just as long as the plan is to get rid.

very little will change with that side he has assembled with him or anyone else in charge for rest of season.

Third is gone, fourth will be a struggle but achievable so just plan for next season

Would seem logical. Only thing I would add is we will most certainly be aiming to cut costs going into next season. Cannot imagine that new manager is going to excite the fans.

Don't get me wrong reckon Derek's time is almost up but have a strong suspicion that we are going to be underwhelmed when a successor is announced ?

5 minutes ago, ferlaytio said:

Derek McInnes is a narcissistic charlatan.

His first few seasons he had all or majority of Huns/Hibs/Hearts/Utd in the Championship.

We have a massive wage budget. Rising year on year. At £9m pa currently I believe. By far the 3rd highest in the league.

Last 2 seasons we’ve been papped to 3rd by Killie and Motherwell. Embarrassing.

He’s overseen a holiday camp/ boys club atmosphere. That’s why the players have been on side so long.

AFC is easy street. Big wages and a jolly. Banter at training with very little actual quality coaching. How poor are we at corners and crossing? Horrific, seldom beat the first man.

How poor do we start matches? Zero tempo, sluggish, losing out to second balls.

No style of play. Pass it sideways between the back, then 5 yard pass into midfield and then back to the defender. Repeat process then lump forward.

Cormack Park has compounded easy street for the players. Now even more of a holiday camp. No coincidence our form has been shocking since CP opened.

A quality coach/manager would use those facilities to hammer home professionalism and properly coach and improve players.

We will see exactly the cretin McInnes is once he’s finally gone. Mark my words.

I think Cormack Park has shown him up really. He moaned about it for Years and told us it would be a game changer, but in reality we have actually got far worse since it opened our play has been terrible and the injuries have went through the roof

• Upvote 1

The vast majority want a change & they're right. 

McInnes has been good overall for us.

He’s one cup short of being a very good manager for us.

But it’s stale.
8 years for ANY football manager is a very long time, too long. 

Thanks for bringing back the respectability but it’s best for both parties to move on. 

There’s a decent chance we’ll regress but doing nothing isn’t an option.

The big question is who would we appoint, as there’s not an obvious candidate.

For what it’s worth, I think if he gets the sack, it’ll be one of Stephen Glass or Derek Adams.

1 minute ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

The vast majority want a change & they're right. 

McInnes has been good overall for us.

He’s one cup short of being a very good manager for us.

But it’s stale.
8 years for ANY football manager is a very long time, too long. 

Thanks for bringing back the respectability but it’s best for both parties to move on. 

There’s a decent chance we’ll regress but doing nothing isn’t an option.

The big question is who would we appoint, as there’s not an obvious candidate.

For what it’s worth, I think if he gets the sack, it’ll be one of Stephen Glass or Derek Adams.

He hasn’t been good really. He’s been average & his achievements are not really impressive given the fortunes/circumstances he had on his side. It would have taken a truly awful manager to fail to achieve what McInnes has in those circumstances.

Doesn’t take that good a manager to win a cup, as a good few have proven over the years.

2 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Be as well keep McInnes if we're getting Derek Adams.

Fuck. That.

The calculation for the board is which course of action gives you best chance of finishing 3rd (with consideration to pay off / compensation costs obviously). New manager usually come with a bounce in results.

I dinna think McInnes is capable of 3rd place finish myself, so I'd give him his jotters and go all out to get the boy I'd want in - Goodwin. But it's nae my money

Guest milne_afc
2 minutes ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

Set up a goal at Tannadice?

Derek Adams's pass to Darren Mackie (who duly scored) in 2004 was one of the best I've ever seen. 

Took a good corner too. Driven in for Pasquenni/Mackie in the 3-2 win at Parkhead

14 minutes ago, Woody21 said:

Would seem logical. Only thing I would add is we will most certainly be aiming to cut costs going into next season. Cannot imagine that new manager is going to excite the fans.

Don't get me wrong reckon Derek's time is almost up but have a strong suspicion that we are going to be underwhelmed when a successor is announced ?

The squad will be smaller in size I’m sure & there’s plenty scope for that as 14(?) are out of contract including some decent earners.

IF, and I mean IF McInnes is on £17k per week, we can surely get a good manager for less than that too? 

4 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

The squad will be smaller in size I’m sure & there’s plenty scope for that as 14(?) are out of contract including some decent earners.

IF, and I mean IF McInnes is on £17k per week, we can surely get a good manager for less than that too? 

It will need to be less as his payoff will have to be part of the equation. The new stadium seems a long way off now.