Hibernian 2 - 0 Aberdeen

Just now, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

You're an idiot. 

No point in rewriting history, he's been a very good AFC manager. The last 2/3 years have been brutal in terms of football, and in terms of the fans being hopeful for silverware or Europe. 

I want him to do well. I really do. No personal grudge against the guy, he's just clearly too stubborn, or incapable of changing things to make us better. 

I despise the shite he speaks at times, I despise his idea of how football should be played, but I think he's a decent enough guy, simply earning way too much for the job he's doing. 

I dunno, when I heard his interview before the game today, he sounded desperate, not a trait I'd normally associate with him. I genuinely feel sorry for him, but in some ways, he only has himself to blame. 

The end of an era for sure, and I hope our next move is ambitious and we don't revert to type. Keep clear of the Scottish old boys, and I think fans would be interested. 

Blinkered BS.

He is & always has been a completely average manager. He was blessed with managing Aberdeen at a very fortunate time. A time where it would have taken a truly awful manager to fk it up.

I was never fooled by a measly cup win over Caley on penalties, few glorious second place finishes when there was next to zero actual competition for such. Even when we pipped the Huns for second they had been in a complete mess under Pedro.

Mcinnes is an imposter. Speaks well in media & they loved him for it.

Cunt had a free ride both on & off the pitch.

We shall see his true (blatantly average) managerial levels in his next job. Just as he showed at St Johnstone & Bristol City

• Upvote 1

Red TV with virtually no post match analyses... just said, that's it from us, and pulled down the shutters.

I hope to god we get someone in with a set of fucking nuts, because McInnes' 'safeball' against the 'big' teams has basically numbed me to the inevitable cowardice he displays. 

I want to cheer us on as we have a go... it's hard to cheer on a team that has basically curled up into a ball until the battering stops. 

8 minutes ago, Stoneybloke said:

If they are so capable why are their performances so inadequate.

Because they are not playing to their full capability.

There could be many reasons for their poor performances: the manager, his tactics, inadequate training and preparation, poor motivation amongst many others I’m sure.

Player selection, having players who are not capable are part of it as well - all of it sits firmly with the Manager.

But please, if you are going to make a point, do it sometime soon. ??

10 minutes ago, redcryptoknight said:

Can't even find the joy in McInnes' departure right now. That was just sad.

There is no joy in it. It's a necessary outcome. The guy has built up the club, and is being pushed out before he dismantles his own work entirely. It is what it is. 

He's flinging shit at the wall, and has been for a while, and its nae stickin'.

Hopefully he still has a decent career, it just won't be at Aberdeen, unfortunately.

26 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

You're an idiot. 

No point in rewriting history, he's been a very good AFC manager. The last 2/3 years have been brutal in terms of football, and in terms of the fans being hopeful for silverware or Europe. 

I want him to do well. I really do. No personal grudge against the guy, he's just clearly too stubborn, or incapable of changing things to make us better. 

I despise the shite he speaks at times, I despise his idea of how football should be played, but I think he's a decent enough guy, simply earning way too much for the job he's doing. 

I dunno, when I heard his interview before the game today, he sounded desperate, not a trait I'd normally associate with him. I genuinely feel sorry for him, but in some ways, he only has himself to blame. 

The end of an era for sure, and I hope our next move is ambitious and we don't revert to type. Keep clear of the Scottish old boys, and I think fans would be interested. 

Agree totally. He's been a very good manager for us but his expiry date is long passed

• Upvote 1
7 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

There is no joy in it. It's a necessary outcome. The guy has built up the club, and is being pushed out before he dismantles his own work entirely. It is what it is. 

He's flinging shit at the wall, and has been for a while, and its nae stickin'.

Hopefully he still has a decent career, it just won't be at Aberdeen, unfortunately.

The situation we find our club in has fuck all to do with Bobby Sands?.

• Downvote 1
1 minute ago, scottymc said:

I don’t think he will be off just yet. Cormack will give him until the summer. If we don’t get Europe then he will be away. 
we are five behind hubs with a game in hand. 
don’t get me wrong. I want him gone as soon as possible but I just don’t see it happening 

A doubt we have the players fit enough to challenge third now especially against a good hubs side????

that game in hand is Celtic away=nil poi

1 minute ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

Never been one for Bobby Sands patter. A noble man who died for a noble cause.

The song is a good wind up though, I suppose. 

As long as the new manager is already lined up & gets good opportunity to see what is required for next season (which is a fk load) then it doesn’t really matter if McInnes goes now or at end of season. Just as long as the plan is to get rid.

very little will change with that side he has assembled with him or anyone else in charge for rest of season.

Third is gone, fourth will be a struggle but achievable so just plan for next season

Kick him upstairs NOW, and let his contract wind down.  

We have ex-players on staff with experience at the highest level who can take over till Summer, but this needs to have been the last game McInnes is in charge of at Aberdeen. 

4 minutes ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

2 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Never been one for Bobby Sands patter. A noble man who died for a noble cause.

The song is a good wind up though, I suppose. 

You forget that MAD is a horrible bigot. 

31 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

You're an idiot. 

Spot on.

I now think his time is rightfully up, but it’s not how I’d want it to end for him.  He’s been good for the club (we can’t dispute the improvements to the club), and I don’t doubt the love he feels for AFC (I think he is genuine when he says that).  But he is clearly bereft of ideas.

I'll always be grateful for what he gave us in those first 4 years, but continual and accelerated decline since has been difficult to watch. 

10 minutes ago, YorkDon said:

I reckon we will part ways in the Summer.

We will limp our way to the end of the season and hopefully Derek will walk.

I also think we should part company in the summer but there is too much stuff going down this weekend for him to survive beyond Monday.

He won’t walk. And he probably has enough credit in the bank externally to get a semi decent gig elsewhere,

But, he’s DONE here.

5 minutes ago, OnceFaeMintlaw said:

Spot on.

I now think his time is rightfully up, but it’s not how I’d want it to end for him.  He’s been good for the club (we can’t dispute the improvements to the club), and I don’t doubt the love he feels for AFC (I think he is genuine when he says that).  But he is clearly bereft of ideas.

I'll always be grateful for what he gave us in those first 4 years, but continual and accelerated decline since has been difficult to watch. 

Agree entirely. Actually feel a bit gutted about it ending this way but the time has come

• Upvote 1
55 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

Red TV with virtually no post match analyses... just said, that's it from us, and pulled down the shutters.

I hope to god we get someone in with a set of fucking nuts, because McInnes' 'safeball' against the 'big' teams has basically numbed me to the inevitable cowardice he displays. 

I want to cheer us on as we have a go... it's hard to cheer on a team that has basically curled up into a ball until the battering stops. 

Derek McInnes is a narcissistic charlatan.

His first few seasons he had all or majority of Huns/Hibs/Hearts/Utd in the Championship.

We have a massive wage budget. Rising year on year. At £9m pa currently I believe. By far the 3rd highest in the league.

Last 2 seasons we’ve been papped to 3rd by Killie and Motherwell. Embarrassing.

He’s overseen a holiday camp/ boys club atmosphere. That’s why the players have been on side so long.

AFC is easy street. Big wages and a jolly. Banter at training with very little actual quality coaching. How poor are we at corners and crossing? Horrific, seldom beat the first man.

How poor do we start matches? Zero tempo, sluggish, losing out to second balls.

No style of play. Pass it sideways between the back, then 5 yard pass into midfield and then back to the defender. Repeat process then lump forward.

Cormack Park has compounded easy street for the players. Now even more of a holiday camp. No coincidence our form has been shocking since CP opened.

A quality coach/manager would use those facilities to hammer home professionalism and properly coach and improve players.

We will see exactly the cretin McInnes is once he’s finally gone. Mark my words.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1