The vast majority want a change & they're right. 

McInnes has been good overall for us.

He’s one cup short of being a very good manager for us.

But it’s stale.
8 years for ANY football manager is a very long time, too long. 

Thanks for bringing back the respectability but it’s best for both parties to move on. 

There’s a decent chance we’ll regress but doing nothing isn’t an option.

The big question is who would we appoint, as there’s not an obvious candidate.

For what it’s worth, I think if he gets the sack, it’ll be one of Stephen Glass or Derek Adams.

Be as well keep McInnes if we're getting Derek Adams.

Fuck. That.

1 minute ago, Stoneybloke said:

Yes, he was good for the club, but in the last 3 years he seems to have lost any edge he had to begin with. Ought to have won more during his time here.

Not many football managers can keep momentum going forward for 8 years.

It’s been regression since Tom Rogic 94th minute winner in the 2017 Cup Final.

42 minutes ago, Poodler said:

Every excuse for a failed manager in one, single post. 

I hope you responded with BINGO!

Edited by Ke1t

1 minute ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

For what it’s worth, I think if he gets the sack, it’ll be one of Stephen Glass or Derek Adams.

And what have either of them done?

Just now, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Fuck. That.

I’m not suggesting I want him Consi, just saying who I think might get it.

I agree - zero point appointing someone like Tommy Wright, Stephen Robinson - I’d rather keep McInnes. 

1 minute ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

The vast majority want a change & they're right. 

McInnes has been good overall for us.

He’s one cup short of being a very good manager for us.

But it’s stale.
8 years for ANY football manager is a very long time, too long. 

Thanks for bringing back the respectability but it’s best for both parties to move on. 

There’s a decent chance we’ll regress but doing nothing isn’t an option.

The big question is who would we appoint, as there’s not an obvious candidate.

He hasn’t been good really. He’s been average & his achievements are not really impressive given the fortunes/circumstances he had on his side. It would have taken a truly awful manager to fail to achieve what McInnes has in those circumstances.

Doesn’t take that good a manager to win a cup, as a good few have proven over the years.

Just now, Stoneybloke said:

Glass? Zero... apart from making an arse of the Atlanta job.

Adams actually has a decent managerial record but is apparently a cretin?

Why are you asking in a way that makes me sound like I want them?

I don’t. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Stoneybloke said:

Set up a goal at Tannadice👍

Derek Adams's pass to Darren Mackie (who duly scored) in 2004 was one of the best I've ever seen. 

51 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

And he isn't walking either

Why would he when he knows he’s onto a fortune?

I wouldn’t walk either.

No-one on here would. 

2 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Fuck. That.

The calculation for the board is which course of action gives you best chance of finishing 3rd (with consideration to pay off / compensation costs obviously). New manager usually come with a bounce in results.

I dinna think McInnes is capable of 3rd place finish myself, so I'd give him his jotters and go all out to get the boy I'd want in - Goodwin. But it's nae my money

2 minutes ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

Set up a goal at Tannadice👍

Derek Adams's pass to Darren Mackie (who duly scored) in 2004 was one of the best I've ever seen. 

Took a good corner too. Driven in for Pasquenni/Mackie in the 3-2 win at Parkhead

15 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Nope... read it 3 times & still not sure 

Bar the wanker and prick it was what he said in his interview 

Just now, milne_afc said:

Took a good corner too. Driven in for Pasquenni/Mackie in the 3-2 win at Parkhead

Very true min, good shout. Excellent corner it was. What a bounce that night👍

14 minutes ago, Woody21 said:

Would seem logical. Only thing I would add is we will most certainly be aiming to cut costs going into next season. Cannot imagine that new manager is going to excite the fans.

Don't get me wrong reckon Derek's time is almost up but have a strong suspicion that we are going to be underwhelmed when a successor is announced 😲

The squad will be smaller in size I’m sure & there’s plenty scope for that as 14(?) are out of contract including some decent earners.

IF, and I mean IF McInnes is on £17k per week, we can surely get a good manager for less than that too? 

4 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

The squad will be smaller in size I’m sure & there’s plenty scope for that as 14(?) are out of contract including some decent earners.

IF, and I mean IF McInnes is on £17k per week, we can surely get a good manager for less than that too? 

It will need to be less as his payoff will have to be part of the equation. The new stadium seems a long way off now.

1 hour ago, Stoneybloke said:

If they are so capable why are their performances so inadequate.

Cause they’ve downed tools / chucked it 

I suspect a mutual consent agreement may well be getting agreed as we speak. McInnes won’t want two 2 successive sackings on his CV so will be talking to his solicitor tonight. Like Lennon, his reputation will only plummet if this is allowed to continue.

Not sure how these things work; does he get 50% of what he’s due as a pay off, or maybe we continue paying him until get gets a job elsewhere but where the fuck is he gonna get £17k a week anywhere else?

Edited by sooth_stander

35 minutes ago, Laichomoray said:

What was he saying?

Just being Stewart.  Cold measured facts.  Too many square pegs in round holes playing a formation that doesn’t work for us.  A formation that seems to have more to do with the players we have (this was after a cutting comment, totally accurate, about recruitment) but which then they themselves don’t believe in.  Result is a vacuum that actually invites pressure onto us.

sound familiar?

Edited by strachanmcgheegoal

16 minutes ago, Stoneybloke said:

It will need to be less as his payoff will have to be part of the equation. The new stadium seems a long way off now.

The new stadium has been an irrelevance for a while now.

• Upvote 1

Fucking CHEATED. Never a penalty. Never. And we were playing really well up to that point, but that (as well as Leighs injury) completely changed the game and handed the initiative to hibs. That shameless bastard Collum has robbed us yet again :banghead: 

1 minute ago, Kittybrewster Loon said:

Fucking CHEATED. Never a penalty. Never. And we were playing really well up to that point, but that (as well as Leighs injury) completely changed the game and handed the initiative to hibs. That shameless bastard Collum has robbed us yet again :banghead: 

Evening Derek 😉

3 minutes ago, King Street Loon said:

Typical post from a female football fan. Should keep her trap shut and only open it for blow jobs and shouting that dinner is ready.

If your mate came out with the pish that bird came out with you'd grab him by the fucking throat. 

"If we wernae shite we'd be quite good"

Aye?

8 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

The new stadium has been an irrelevance for a while now.

Even with Pittodrie crumbling to bits? It was a matter of urgency not that long ago.

1 hour ago, Tommy said:

Tell her to divorce him. Sorted.

I don't speak to any celtic or rangers fans, works for me. Thinking of adding man utd fans to my list, my work is full of them, makes me scratch my head.

51 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

I’m not suggesting I want him Consi, just saying who I think might get it.

I agree - zero point appointing someone like Tommy Wright, Stephen Robinson - I’d rather keep McInnes. 

Tommy Robinson would be an ace manager, crowds would be huge, I'd go every game, make it so.

19 minutes ago, King Street Loon said:

Typical post from a female football fan. Should keep her trap shut and only open it for blow jobs and shouting that dinner is ready.

Have you ran that post by your wife or you too busy doing the dishes? lol