Hibernian 2 - 0 Aberdeen

34 minutes ago, alscotoz said:

How's taking the captaincy off him going to help his confidence? He's got enough credit in the bank to keep his place.

He's been rank fucking rotten all season. His performance in the first half on Tuesday was worse than anything I ever saw from Langfield over a full 90 minutes.

And to be totally honest...he is a shite captain.

I agree about keeping his place for now without the burden of the captaincy. Now he isn't the only senior player who isn't performing to standard right now. But as a 'keeper, any mistakes you make will be highlighted exponentially as they are the very last line of defence. A midfielder fucking up can be bailed out by the defence. A defender fucking up can be bailed out by the 'keeper. In many situations, Lewis has no fall-back option. Some of the goals he has conceded this season I wouldn't expect a 12 year old loon to have let in.

• Upvote 1
  • Dildo 2

He seems to be a confidence player. Nae great for a keeper, but it's not as if he's the only professional footballer who's like that.

He's still got a bit of goodwill left in the tank for me, he's undoubtedly been more good than bad for us during his time here. But he's definitely needing to get his act together.

3 hours ago, RUL said:

I would give him a few more games. He's surely done enough to warrant some loyalty. 

This. The full team are playing with little confidence at the moment. 

He has been fairly consistent over his time here and although I don't think he is the world beater some do I think he is a decent keeper. 

Don't think he should ever have been made captain. Has certainly done nothing for him or the team. 

2 hours ago, Millertime said:

Yeah but what's that now, 3 or 4 proper high level mistakes?

Nobody should be assured of a start, its why maddison didn't play every game which is something people struggle to understand as to why

Think if Cerny was still with us and fit he might be in more danger of being dropped. Don't see him being dropped for an unknown Woods. 

4 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

Strip him of the captaincy immediately

I'd tend to agree with RUL though...give him a month without the burden of the captaincy to see if he can regain some form/confidence. Away games v Hibs and 2 x Celtic aren't really games in which you want to throw in a back up'keeper who hasn't played for months on end unless there really is no other choice, 

But one more similar episode of what he has done v St Mirren and Livi then he should be out. And a younger permanent (talented obv) 'keeper should be signed in the summer. With both then instructed that they are on an equal footing and there is no automatic first choice at that point....Lewis has the position by default but if he continues to be poor then he's out.

Lewis' contract till summer 2024 will haunt us though I suspect in the near future

I think folk are being way too harsh on Lewis.  Aye he's had a couple of absolute howlers but he's also saved us on numerous occasions, late on against St Johnstone the other week for example.

43 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

His mask fairly slipped with the post above, referring to “you” instead of “we” when referencing the Dons.

He has the intelligence & the incoherent ramblings of a hun.

Get him to fuck I say. 

So because your a dons supporter and want them to play with passion and desire, want a manager who is not a wimp and sleekit blue nose arse hole, want a manager who doesn’t sign 3rd  rate players and after 6 months makes excuses up, takes no responsibility for signing shite then takes in more shite, I am supposed to say WE and not You.   Get a f——-g life. It’s happy clappers like you and some of your mates in here that needs to get to fuck.    

1 minute ago, shooftahmooftah said:

So because your a dons supporter and want them to play with passion and desire, want a manager who is not a wimp and sleekit blue nose arse hole, want a manager who doesn’t sign 3rd  rate players and after 6 months makes excuses up, takes no responsibility for signing shite then takes in more shite, I am supposed to say WE and not You.   Get a f——-g life. It’s happy clappers like you and some of your mates in here that needs to get to fuck.    

If you think I’m a happy clapper you’re an even more stupid cunt than I thought ?

• Upvote 1
51 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

His mask fairly slipped with the post above, referring to “you” instead of “we” when referencing the Dons.

He has the intelligence & the incoherent ramblings of a hun.

Get him to fuck I say. 

If you were intelligent bud, you would be outside with a banner wanting Mchunis sacked and a few of his signings with him.  

1 minute ago, shooftahmooftah said:

If you think I’m a happy clapper you’re an even more stupid cunt than I thought ?

3 minutes ago, shooftahmooftah said:

So what are you cunt. 

Coherent.

Literate.

Not a hun.

Basically everything you’re not. 

3 hours ago, shut up meg said:

He does, he thrives on Aberdeen losing.

He only appears when we don't win.

I don't think he is an Aberdeen fan.

How can you keep being a fan and keeping your mouth shut,after watching the utter shit Mchunis is dishing  up this and last seasons. Your one of those who think it will all come good next game. But it doesn’t. Another happy clapper.

1 hour ago, NEM said:

I think folk are being way too harsh on Lewis.  Aye he's had a couple of absolute howlers but he's also saved us on numerous occasions, late on against St Johnstone the other week for example.

He's a goalkeeper. Saving us is his job. 

Sorry but he just is nowhere near as good as some here believe.

I repeat what I said before. We signed him from Cardiff where he spent his whole career there as their reserve keeper. Cardiff ffs

It's hard to pinpoint why his form has dipped but it's clear his concentration and confidence have been affected. 

I'm not convinced it's just because of the captaincy but it could well be a contributing factor if its weighing heavily on his shoulders. 

I think there are cultural issues within the squad and with the management team. Things definitely feel different from a few years ago when a lot of the players seemed pretty keen to tell the media how great McInnes was. 

They just don't seem like a together bunch of players either but the high turnover isn't going to help that. It's like a fucking revolving door nowadays. 

I’m not sure being a captain would make joe play shit. He had a howler against Livingston on Tuesday but saved us from loosing  on Saturday with his block that was on the line. He has a lot more saves in a season than fuck ups but when he does fuck up it’s highlighted more. Ash Taylor fucked up at the second goal but less has been said about it  

18 hours ago, shooftahmooftah said:

How can you keep being a fan and keeping your mouth shut,after watching the utter shit Mchunis is dishing  up this and last seasons. Your one of those who think it will all come good next game. But it doesn’t. Another happy clapper.

You obviously don't read anybody's posts shoofta, any sane person reading my posts would not associate me with being a McInnes fan.

16 hours ago, thurso said:

I’m not sure being a captain would make joe play shit. He had a howler against Livingston on Tuesday but saved us from loosing  on Saturday with his block that was on the line. He has a lot more saves in a season than fuck ups but when he does fuck up it’s highlighted more. Ash Taylor fucked up at the second goal but less has been said about it  

That's because a Taylor fuck up is a pretty regular occurrence, it's in his DNA.